Portoes de Sao Pedro 1, Ilha Terceira , Angra do Heroismo, 9700-097, Portugal

Travelocity Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• saobartolomeu's Profile Photo

Beautiful awakenings

Stayed in the Suite for a romantic getaway. Quite romantic! Nothing like watching the sunrise over Monte Brasil from the private balcony of your room.

Unique Quality: A 3 year old hotel where ALL rooms have private balconies and face the bay offering beautiful view of Monte Brasil; private parking; HUGE outdoor pool and large landscaped grounds for an after dinner stroll; fully equipped gym with indoor pool, jacuzzi, sauna, steam room and tennis court; rec room, the lounges and the restaurant offer a relaxing view of the bay and the outdoor pool.
    The service is efficient, helpful and polite and the decor modern and tastefully done. Worth the stay and the extra euros!

More about Terceira Mar

Terceira or Sao Miguel?

by ecwashere7

My fiance and I are planning a trip to the Azores for late August. (honeymoon) We are trying to decide which island to go to. We've narrowed it down to either Terceira or Sao Miguel. We like how there seems to be many activities in Sao Miguel (hiking, sailing, whale watching, etc.) but the city of Angra do Heroismo seems to be nicer. We also liked the hotel options in Terceira better (Terceira Mar).

I would love to hear what you think. We want a place that has a lot to do besides go to the beach, primarily hiking and photography.

Thanks for anything you can suggest.

by Rita.E

Hi,

You have to go to São Miguel. It's a beautiful island.
You have so much more to see: Lagoa das Sete cidades (Seven Cities Lagoon)(Gorgeous!!!), Lagoa do Fogo (Fire Lagoon), Lagoa das Furnas (Furnas Lagoon) with it's hot springs, the Terra Nostra Park... and soo much more. The city of Ponta Delgada is also a nice city. You have lots of things to see and do in São Miguel Island.

In terceira Island the best thing is the city of Angra do Heroísmo. A Unesco World Heritage. A beautiful city. But you don't have much more to see in Terceira Island.

I vote for São Miguel... ;-)

Rita

by MFAMILY

Hard to decide between the two. I agreed about São Miguel
But I don´t quite agree that there´s nothing much on Terceira besides Angra.
The whole island is beautiful. Fantastic landscapes, especilaay the west coast and the interior. the view from Serra do Cume is a must.

I´d say, both. How long are you staying?

by MFAMILY

Forgot.
Terceira Mar is a really nice hotel. I was there in October.

by Avieira67

Angra do Heroísmo is a very interesting city, but you have anything else to do in Terceira. Go to my beautiful island, where you have many interesting places to visit besides the beaches.

by lisaincanada

We've been to Sau Miguel twice( once for honeymoon) and can't wait to go again ( and again!! :) ) can't help with Terceira, I did read up on it and found that there wasn't as much to do on the island as Sau Miguel, although I'm sure it is just as beatiful, whatever you decide, I'm sure you can't go wrong :)

Comments