Ilha Terceira Hotels

Our Members Say

• joaojose profile photo joaojose
  • Reviews: 1

Quinta do Mar: Dreamy Vacation Condo in Terceira Azores

This place is perfect. It's like a you're own private home away from home only with a breathtaking view of the ocean. We really wanted to stay somewhere other than just another hotel room, so we looked into condo rentals on the island and really found a gem. It was very cozy, unlike most other places we saw, and had everything we needed like towels, comfy linens, a dvd player and radio, and a washer and dryer. The best part about it was that it was cheaper than the hotels we priced out to compare.

It's right next to these natural swimming pools and it has a gated entrance and a private parking spot for your car (if you rent one). The city, Angra do Heroismo, is only a couple minutes away by car as is the grocery store. We found the cutest little restaurant down the street that's in the owners converted garage. Only locals seem to know of this place, so of course it made the experience all the more authentic.

We stayed for two weeks and had fresh bread delivered from the bakery daily. I can't tell you how amazing it was to have fresh bread on the large deck overlooking the ocean every morning. It was an experience to remember and we plan to stay again during our next visit.

Natural pools next door
Amazing view
Large deck that you can get to from the master bedroom, living room, and kitchen
Jet bathtubs
Brand new facility
Kitchen with everything you need in it (plates, toaster, coffee machine, etc.)
Washer & Dryer

• Written August 17, 2009

• Cordle profile photo Cordle
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Caracol: We loved it! Thank you!

We loved are stay here and just had to thank Hotel Caracol personally. The staff was great and was there in a split second every time we needed them. Had a lot of personal relaxing and beutifull time with my wife and we would deff. recommend this hotel to couples looking for a romantic and relaxing getaway. We will deff. be back to stay again.

The view from the room was amazing, the food was great - something for everyone, the quality of the service especially for the price was outstanding. Has an indoor and outdoor pool as well as jacuzies, gym, etc. Best hotel in Azores by far!

• Written March 28, 2009

• J_Antunes profile photo J_Antunes
  • Reviews: 578

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Youth Hostel Angra: A very hard contact

This youth hostel has a fantastic location next to the sea, with rooms with wonderful views and next to the Negrito' bathing zone. All great. The downsize is that is far from Angra to walk there and the same to most nightlife activity. So everytime you need something you gotta pick up your car and move along.

I tried to stay in this youth hostel but I couldn't make it. Why? Well I called the portuguese youth hostel association to book but they aren't the ones who manage the place, I tried to book online but it isn't possible, I tried to call them 3 times but they didn't answer, I send them an e-mail to two addresses they had but they didn´t answer. Besides that there isn't a single place that gives you a correct idea of where, exactly, is the youth hostel. So I decided I was tired of trying to contact them and I choose to stay elsewhere.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Backpacking, Study Abroad, Budget Travel
  • Written February 17, 2008
Tip Photo

• saobartolomeu profile photo saobartolomeu
  • Reviews: 10

Terceira Mar Hotel ****: Beautiful awakenings

Stayed in the Suite for a romantic getaway. Quite romantic! Nothing like watching the sunrise over Monte Brasil from the private balcony of your room.

A 3 year old hotel where ALL rooms have private balconies and face the bay offering beautiful view of Monte Brasil; private parking; HUGE outdoor pool and large landscaped grounds for an after dinner stroll; fully equipped gym with indoor pool, jacuzzi, sauna, steam room and tennis court; rec room; the lounges and the restaurant offer a relaxing view of the bay and the outdoor pool.
The service is efficient, helpful and polite and the decor modern and tastefully done. Worth the stay and the extra euros!

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written July 2, 2006

Terceira Mar Hotel - view of hotel

• SANDRANICHOLSON profile photo SANDRANICHOLSON
  • Reviews: 2

Salles Residencial: Terciera's Home sweet Home

It just doesnt get any better! I've never seen such hard workers and such friendly faces!

Peaceful breakfast, private balconies and the front-desk is like having a person secretary.

• Written August 26, 2004

Ilha Terceira

• SANDRANICHOLSON profile photo SANDRANICHOLSON
  • Reviews: 2

Salles Residencial: Praia da Vitoria's sweetest view

Last last four years in a row I've stayed at here. Since it is on the town square you have plenty of festivals to see from the 3 balconies of your choice.

My Grandmother's home is also on the square and behind that is an breathtaking view where the ocean meets the land and the land meets the heavens.

The staff, where do I begin - they are so sweet. I have had parties on the top balcony and Sr. Salles made sure the tables were brought up to the top floor and dressed with floral arrangements (birds of paradise).

I have never seen such a hard working staff. Above and beyond the call of duty - the staff is amazing!

I'll be there for New Years! Usually my stay is for at least three weeks.

I highly recommend that you check in! Breakfast is downstairs with everything in order.

It's like staying with family, only better!

The view of the Atlantic Ocean, ah!

From your balcony you can see the Festivals during the summer.

Last year air conditioners were installed. Something you don't usually need.

It's all about customer satisfaction.

• Written August 26, 2004

• JoaoF profile photo JoaoF
  • Reviews: 10
Hotel Beira Mar (***): Good

Restaurante; Bar; Telefone nos quartos; TV nos quartos; Tranferes para o aeroporto; Serviço de quartos.

Located at the center of Angra do Heroísmo. All rooms equipped with telephone, Cable TV, mini-bar. Bar and restaurant

• Opinion of Price: N/A