Ilha de Santa Maria Hotels

Our Members Say

• mircaskirca profile photo mircaskirca
  • Reviews: 1091

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Senhora Valentina: Staying with a Sweet Local Woman

Accommodation is very limited in Santa Maria and António kindly offered he could help me with finding a place to stay. He asked in several hotels and pensions but most of them were quite pricey, especially a single room. Then he somehow came across the telephone number of senhora Valentina from Vila do Porto. She said there was no problem staying with her, she would be waiting for me at the appointed time. And she did not want to charge for the room. I brought her a nice souvenir from Slovenia in gratitude to her immense kindness. Later she told me that her husband died only half a year ago so she was glad to have company.

On my arrival to Santa Maria I called Luis, the guy who lived in Valentina's house. He came to pick me up at the airport and brought to the house. It was quite a big and nice house on two floors. Downstairs there was a Restaurante café 'O Jorge', owned by Valentina's brother. I've got a room with a double bed. She put a big bottle of water (with a glass) for me on beside table. I could use a whole apartment, including a huge bathroom, kitchen, living room and terrace. Valentina kindly offered me fruits and soup and she always welcomed me with a friendly smile and a big hug. She was such a sweet lady!

• Opinion of Price: N/A

• AnitaJRT profile photo AnitaJRT
  • Reviews: 56

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel 5: Too Stark for this Lovely Island

The staff was very friendly and professional. Dinner in the dining room was mediocre, with a standard continental breakfast. Many choices .

This hotel does have a pool, but at least 1/2 of the hotel is still under construction. In fact, I thought it was a factory when we were driving towards the building.

The 4 star Hotel 5 opened in 2004, and features an outdoor swimming pool, with a gymnasium and hairdresser available in 2005.

The hotel has100 rooms and 5 suites.

Air-conditioning