Ilha do Corvo Hotels

• Doombert profile photo Doombert
  • Reviews: 13

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Guesthouse Comodoro: The one and only...literally

The only hotel on the island is a wonderful place to stay. The rooms are spotlessly clean and don't lack anything you may need. The TV almost seems to have more channels than the island has inhabitants! The breakfast/sitting room has another HUGE TV (everyone one the island seems to have massive plasma screens), but it also has a computer with broadband access that you can use for free, and a selection of books and magazines that owner Manuel Rita will be very happy to talk about. This man is without a doubt the perfect host. Not only does he look after his guests in any way he can, he also drove us up to the Caldeirao twice, and to the eastern bit of the island as well...all for free! He can tell you all you ever wanted to know about this marvelous island and sort out most problems you might have. When we stayed in Corvo at the end of December, we were the only tourists on the island. None of the handful of restaurants was open, but after Mr. Rita dropped in on one of them, it was going to open just for us every night! Even more amazing: we were supposed to leave on 31 December, but the flight over to Flores got canceled, so we were stranded there for the New Year's celebrations. Mr. Rita kindly put a bottle of champagne on the table for us, which we gratefully drank at midnight. The next day, he told us it had been one of only three bottles on the entire island! Add to that the nice breakfast spread including lovely cake made by Mrs. Rita, and you couldn't dream of a nicer place to spend a few days on this enchanted island.

The whole island is unique, so the mere fact of being there makes the hotel unique too. Apart from that, the most unique quality is the wonderful Mr. Rita, who really does absolutely everything he can to make you feel welcome.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written April 25, 2008

• Avieira67 profile photo Avieira67
  • Reviews: 1095

Maria Odete Câmara: Private

I didn't stay in this house, but I know personally this woman and her house. The first time I knew this family was in my Island.
When I visited Corvo, I had opportunity to visit this lovely family.
The boat was leaving within 10 minutes, and this woman tryed to invite me to have a lunch with them telling me there was time enough to eat. Of course there was no time, but in small islands there is no watch...

Near the port and the airport.

• Opinion of Price: N/A