Azalea Hotel Princess

Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Costs 39% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Bar

Bar coastline August 2010Bar coastline August 2010

Mt.Rumija in the distance, view from trainMt.Rumija in the distance, view from train

Rumija & The Cult of St Vladimir in BarRumija & The Cult of St Vladimir in Bar

Budest to Bar summertime direct train has arrivedBudest to Bar summertime direct train has arrived

Travel Tips for Bar

a funny incident

by elsebeth

I was on the bus from Kotor to Bar one hot day in the summer, when i saw the man next to me in the bus looked very much like the croatian soccer player Zvonimir Boban..so I kept staring at him, and it didnt at the time occur to me how strange it would be if it was actually him in a bus in Montenegro..
he kep staring back at me and seemed annoyed so fianlly i was so embaressed that i went off the bus:-/

“VLADIMIR’S CROSS”

by budapest8

“VLADIMIR’S CROSS”

“VLADIMIR’S CROSS” – is kept in the Andrivic family as
the greatest relic. Each year on May 30th, the day of
the Saint Trinity, the cross is carried to the place on
the top of the mountain Rumija where according to
the legend there used to be a church.

Stretching in NW-SE direction, Mt Rumija with its highest
peak Rumija (1594 m) is the southest mountain of Montenegro.
As a Dinaric natural barrier, Rumija separate Adriatic Sea from
the Skadarsko Jezero lake. With the height of 1594 m,
it drops steep towards the Adriatic coastline and somewhat
less steeply towards the southern part of the lake. Rumija i
s very special and unique mountain with one leg in the Adriatic Sea
and the other leg in Skadar Lake.

I will write more in another tip about
Rumija & The Cult of St Vladimir

Nikšičko pivo

by JLBG

Nikšičko pivo is found almost everywhere in Montenegro. I know, I should have put this tip in a "Montenegro" page but the first we drank on arrival in the country was in Dobra Voda, about 3-4 km after we were out of the city of Bar. We found it was excellent : light but fruity, with just enough bitterness. A great beer

Death announcements

by JLBG

In the whole Balkans, including countries from ex-Yugoslavia, Albania and Greece, death announcements are fastened on trees, walls, etc, of the city. If I took this photo, it is because these five death announcements show the various populations living in Stari Bar.

On top, the Latin cross and Latin fonts says that it is a catholic.

Underneath, the green frame and on top the moon crescent with a star, written with Latin script but with an Arabic script title is of a Moslem.

The third, written in Cyrillic script, without any cross should be an atheist Serbian or Montenegrin.

The forth is too written in Cyrillic but the part where might be a cross is hidden.

The last on, underneath is written in Cyrillic and the style of the cross shows that it is an Orthodox Montenegrin or Serbian.

this view is absolutely amazing.

by elsebeth

I went hitchhiking around the coastline, and it never occured to me that i might be dangerous. I didn't experience anything bad but got to talk to a lot of nice people.
This is an island of the shore, I do't know if it has a name but it is beautiful!

Comments