Trg Sunca b.b., Budva, 85310, Montenegro

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

• yumyum's Profile Photo

Hotel Grbalj

This family run hotel is conveniently located near the big bus station. We stayed here at the end of August 2010 for two nights in a double room on the top floor. Our room was facing out back (no. 505). It had airconditioning and a TV with a few local channels. We paid Euro 60.00 per night including breakfast.

The front rooms are triples and balconies. They also have children's beds should you require that. There is no lift.

Our room got really hot and stuffy during the day from the burning sun but you can open the window and turn on the AC. The mattress has seen better times.

I would stay there again.

Unique Quality: You can eat your breakfast on the outdoor terrace which is lovely. A big MAXI supermarket is within walking distance on the other side of the bus station.

Directions: very close to the bus station

More about Budva

our bus to Kotorour bus to Kotor

room no. 505room no. 505

Your dinner is alive!Your dinner is alive!

Picasso pizzeriaPicasso pizzeria

Hotel Splendid

by Ckuschel

Does anyone know anything about the Hotel Splendid? We are planning on staying there next July for our honeymoon. It looks great according to the website, but as it is a new hotel I have not been able to find any independent reviews.
Thanks!

RE: Hotel Splendid

by robine

Each to his own taste, but I have to tell you that we hated Budva when we visited it briefly from Croatia in the height of summer - totally overrun with tourists!

RE: Hotel Splendid

by balkan_adict

Hotel Splendid is actually in Becici and is classed as 5 star (Montenegrin stars!) but it is a large hotel with nearly 700 beds and situated in an area with several other large hotels. If you like large hotels then it is fine. I checked with a friend who lived in Budva and she says it is a good international standard hotel.

by Ckuschel

Thanks. Typically, we like small hotels but in this case, since it's our honeymoon we want the luxury that a resort-type hotel has. If it's up to international standards then that's probably what we're looking for. I was just surprised because the price is extremely reasonable that it seemed too good to be true.
Anyone else with thoughts?

by balkan_adict

Its reasonable because there are so many other hotels in the area and they need to compete. If you are looking for small and luxury, try Villa Montenegro in Sveti Stefan. I had a quick look a couple of years ago and was well impressed. Prices vary depending on the room (don't even think about the Presidential Suite)

by Ckuschel

Thanks. I looked into Sveti Stephan but I heard they were undergoing renovations now. Also, they were not very responsive to my inquiries, whereas Hotel Splendid emailed me back right away. Since it's part of Montenegro Stars, I saw good reviews for the other hotels under the group, so I my guess is that Splendid will be good too. Having great service is really important to us on this trip.

by balkan_adict

Yes the Hotel Sveti Stefan and Milocer have been sold and are going to be refurbished - they need it! Vila Montenegro is a small hotel on the mainland overlooking Sveti Stefan hotel. You should find all the luxuries in the Splendid or surrounding hotels.

by Rodney_B

"Splendid" has all the facilities that you need to have a enjoyable honeymoon.

The only other alternative I can think of is "Maestral" in Przno. Great hotel, good service, plenty of facilities and wonderful location & view.

by Ckuschel

Thanks. I see Maestral is 4-star, whereas Splendid is 5-star, so I think I'll stick with the latter. Plus, I'm not into casinos, which is a focus at Maestral.

by Rodney_B

No problems, I am sure you will have a great time in Splendid.

A bit of trivia - my neighbour is Zarko Radulovic (CEO of hotel Splendid), the guy is working from 9am until 1am (yes, thats next day, just after midnight). He and his team are putting a lot of effort into making Splendid a great place to visit :)

by Ckuschel

That's great to hear. I saw on the website that the Spa and Wellness Center will be open in May, just in time for us to use it. Thanks for the help, if you have any other advice/information on Splendid please let me know.

Travel Tips for Budva

Bečiċi and Boreti

by JLBG

This view from the road that heads inland to Cetinje shows the city of Bečiċi (Becici in case some letter do not show correctly) and Boreti in the middle-left of the picture. In the middle of the picture, the island of Sveti Nikola. If you enlarge the picture, you will see in the far right the old town of Budva, better seen on next photo.

A view through the niche

by Aurorae

"The collapse of the Roman Empire was followed by a period of Byzantine domination in 535, and after this begins the struggle agains foreign rule. The consolidation and rise of the Nemanjic dynasty, as well as the state of raska, meant the end of Byzantine rule on the coast. Stevan Nemanja wrested Budva from Byzantim in 1184-1186. After 1392-1396, Budva was controlled by the Crnojevic family, originating from the Montenegrin highlands. Already evident at the time were Venetian ambitions, vigorously opposed by Balsa III. In vain, however, for under constant pressure from Venice, Budva and it's surroundings came under Venetian rule in 1442."

www.budva.cg.yu

Fishing

by vesna04

As in almost every coastal town, fishing is very important for the locals. This picture shows local fisherman selling his catch directly from his boat. People know when about to wait on the dock for the fresh fish.

Crkva Sveti Nikola | Saint Nicholas Church (V)

by Zvrlj

Saint Nicholas Church is on the island of the same name, near Budva. It can be seen on print from 16th century, but it is considered to be quite older as tradition connects it with Crusaders buried on the island in the 11th century.

Mediterranean kitchen

by Jeca011 about Jadran

Restaurant have 25 years long tradition. It is situated in the nicest part of Budva, between two walking zones, at the coast, by the sea, nearby the Old town. Mediterranean kitchen with original quality and domestic service… Daily fresh fish, sea shelves, shrimps, complete barbecue menu. Shrimps

Comments