Hotel Oliva

Rated 30% higher but also costs 76% more than other 3 star hotels

More about Budva

our foodour food

bathroombathroom

The octopus salad - excellent!The octopus salad - excellent!

Castle roadsCastle roads

Buses in/out of Montenegro?

by ccfl04

Does anyone know if there are frequent bus services in the summer months from Split or Dubrovnik to Budva?

Thanks.

RE: Buses in/out of Montenegro?

by PiceaOmorika

Just follow the direction to Ulcinj. Budva is on the way.

RE: RE: Buses in/out of Montenegro?

by balkan_adict

The latest information can be found here http://www.libertasdubrovnik.com/polazak.html

RE: Buses in/out of Montenegro?

by Valadelphia

I know this is asked all of the time, but I have looked at so many bus schedules my head is spinning--and I want to know all of my options.
Am I correct that: arriving on a Friday around 14, I should be able to catch a 15,30 bus to Herceg Novi? And I assume this bus stops at the airport, correct?
Do you know if this bus stops at Pile Gate (so I can maybe run to Dubrovnik for lunch before catching the bus)?

And does anyone happen to know how to find a bus schedule from Kotor to Dubrovnik? I know I can go from Kotor to Herceg Novi easily, and I think I can get a daily bus to Dubrovnik at 9:30 in the morning from HN, but if I can catch one from Kotor direct to Dbv. that is easier.
Thanks very much for clarifying this for me!

RE: RE: Buses in/out of Montenegro?

by Valadelphia

sorry, the previous post should read "arriving in Dubrovnik airport at 14..."

RE: RE: RE: Buses in/out of Montenegro?

by PiceaOmorika

Well...it is dificult to reach the right info, I agree and still can´t find the timetable for Kotor. Now I have a link about all destinations from H.Novi http://www.hercegnovi.cc/saobracaj/index.php (polasci iz=departures from) so if you have already know Kotor/HN timetable than it won´t be a problem for you to take a little ride. :)
Also chack http://www.autosaobracaj.com/
According to the airport conection, I am sure only for direct JAT´s buses.

Hope it will be helpfull!

RE: RE: RE: Buses in/out of Montenegro?

by Valadelphia

Thank you for the links, I hadn't found the second one yet, so that will be really helpful.
I know for sure that HN-Kotor bus is every half hour, and that the bus for Dubrovnik departs HN at 9:30, so I'll make it in that direction for sure.

It appears to get from Dubrovnik to HN or Kotor on a Friday afternoon, I can catch a 15:00 bus that goes to Kotor (BOŽUR) or a 15:30 bus to HN (AUTOSAOBRAĆAJ).
I'm sure I'll be able to figure it out upon arrival since I have time to get to the bus station. I will be sure to spread the word on how it works when I return in June!

Here's another helpful link for anyone else looking:
One last question, on that link I posted above, when they say "Arrival" (page 2) are they referring to what time it arrives in Dubrovnik or what time it departs the city the bus is coming from? {Maybe a dumb question but the phrasing is confusing to me)
Thanks!

Travel Tips for Budva

Plants all around

by vesna04

Another thing I love are the plants and flowers. Generaly, Budva is nicely dressed in green, but I especially like the plants in the Old Town, as they make a great contrast to the grey stone of the old houses and streets. I adore a little nice touches like the the flower pots hanging of the old walls.

Kosmač fortress

by JLBG

The ruined Austro-Hungarian fortress of Kosmač stands on a rock, 10 km after Boreti, on the road to Cetinje. I do not know if it can be visited. The fortress itself may not be of special interest but the view on the seashore must be stunning. Next time, I will take a closer look to get there.

The Bell (V)

by Zvrlj

It is hard not to notice huge bell by the Budva Old Town. It is here since 1963, but most of the locals do not know almost anything about it. This bell was made of wood, so it can not make actual bell sound. It owes its existence to the movie "The Long Ships" in which it was in role of "a great bell, called 'The Mother of Voices', made of pure gold, three times the size of a man, made by monks many years ago...".

Kotor

by Jeca011

You can take excursion to Kotor from Budva. The old town of Kotor is one of the best-preserved medieval towns in this part of the Mediterranean. It was succeeded in preserving its original form, so typical of towns between the XII and the XIV century. The asymmetric structure of the narrow streets and squares, combined with the numerous valuable monuments of medieval architecture, contributed to Kotor being placed on UNESCO's "The world natural and cultural inheritance" list.

Bar

by Aurorae about Bar

Unfortunately I forgot the name of this nice bar! :(((( But it is inevitable to bump into, when you're strolling inside the old town, as it is in the open air and beside the "street", under the big pine tree! The staff is very kind and the prices are bearable ;) and it is very nice to stay inside, on the authentic seats and tables, as if you're in the garden of a medieval Mediterranean villa (except for the counter!) ;)

Comments