Setaliste 5 Danica, Herceg-Novi, 85340, Montenegro

Expedia.com Travelocity Booking.com

Rated 10% higher but also costs 26% more than other 4 star hotels

• MarijanaFC's Profile Photo

Best hotel in Herceg Novi

I found this hotel on the Internet. The website was very useful and very realistic. My husband and I stayed in the hotel for 10 nights and we would be more than happy to stay there again. The hotel is situated basically on the beach (10 meters from the beach). All the rooms have terraces with sea views. Rooms are spacious, with cable TV, airconditioning, en suite bathrooms, fridges.
    We also found it to be reasonably priced, especially because the price included two meals (buffet breakfast and either lunch or dinner).
    The hotel has its own beach and provides you with beach beds and parasols free of charge.

Red Light District

Hehe - just kidding about the red light district, but there IS a tip here about a red light.

This is a picture of my kids' hotel room at the Perla Hotel. I am happy to see my son made his bed (sort of). That makes me look kind of like a good mom - like maybe I raised him right! Seriously, my hubby and I have great kids - even if their beds aren't made like they are in the army.

The bedrooms come furnished with one queen sized bed (actually two single beds pushed together - very typical for Montenegro) and a single bed. 3 people can sleep comfortably in one room.

My kids' room faced an inner courtyard and they had a garden patio. Their room was much quieter than ours because they weren't above the promenade. However, they were above the kitchen and complained about food smells.

Unique Quality: A very unique feature of this hotel is the separate hot water tank in every room. Do NOT turn off the red light in the bathroom. That light indicates that the hot water heater is on. Of course, my kids managed to inadvertently turn it off and took cold showers for a day before learning that they had to keep that red light on.

Directions: On main promenade in Herceg Novi.

Room with a View

For 42,50 Euros, you can get a room with this fabulous view of the Bay of Kotor. All rooms with a view like this overlook the promenade, which is noisy at night. If you prefer peace and quiet, you might want to forego the view.

We were glad we opted for the view and the noise. I enjoyed falling asleep to the Serbian music and partying. The sea breeze was delightful. The Promenade quiets down by 1:00 am.

Directions: On main promenade in Herceg Novi

Seaside Accomodations in Herceg Novi

Hotel Perla is one of the new privately owned hotels. Open since 2000, it claims to be a 5 star, but do not expect 5 star accommodations by US or western European standards. By Montinegrin standards, however, we found Hotel Perla to be a fine hotel and we would definitely stay here again.

Unique Quality: The staff was professional, friendly and multilingual. Maid service was reliable. The full breakfast, inluded in the price of the room, was delicious.

Our seaview room was comfortable and cost only EUR 42,50 per night.

Directions: On the promenade next to the sea, east of town center

More about Hotel Perla