Djenovici BB, Herceg-Novi, 85340, Montenegro

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Herceg-Novi

dubrovnikdubrovnik

clocktower gateclocktower gate

View to the seaView to the sea

The church of the Archangel MichaelThe church of the Archangel Michael

first trip - tips needed

by radek1mac

hello everyone
i hope you all have good day.
i am just week away before i go on holiday to montenegro( land of my grand grand father), herceg novi.
This website is very useful as i never been in that part of europe.
I need few tips as I am travelling from split (i know - far distance, but that was the cheapest flights we could find).
My questions:
1. is it posiible to rent a boat (with a captain) to take us around the cost for a day trip,love to see kornati islands, and if yes - where from
2. is it far to drive to sarajevo?
3. as i love taking photos of landscapes, what area would u recommend to go?
4. and whats the weather there now
5. are there any domestic flights to pula - love to see pula's amfiteatar
6. is there any tourist office in the town

thanks very much guys

Radek

radek1@mac.com

RE: first trip - tips needed

by Kardrew

I can only help with a little of query but would say yes it is definitley worth going from Montenegro to Sarajevo. You could drive from Split via Dubrovnik & on to Montenegro & then back via Sarajevo & maybe Mostar. This is a similar trip that what we did recently with no problem at all. .

You may want to look at our web site with lots of photos, links & info on our route.
Shortcut to: http://kardrew.50megs.com/index.html

Good Luck. I am sure you will have a wonderful time

RE: first trip - tips needed

by JLBG

You must drive to Zadar. I once rented a self steered boat in Zadar and I am sure you can rent one with a captain. The Kornati are an absolute must. Look at my page. http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/6ce90/5e751/

2. is it far to drive to sarajevo?

You have the answer on the previous post.

3. as i love taking photos of landscapes, what area would u recommend to go?

There is so much to stare at that it is not possible to answer. Go everywhere! Drive and enjoy! You should drive from Herceg Novi to Rijeka (and Pula). You will get superb landscapes all the way. It is really worth it.

4. and whats the weather there now

Definitely warmer and dryer than in London but weather is weather. It is most likely to be warm/hot and sunny but you cannot avoid to get a thunderstorm and a lot of rain. If that happened, that would not last, anyway.

5. are there any domestic flights to pula - love to see pula's amfiteatar

If you drive to Zadar, why would you not drive to Pula? I feel that would be a waste fly and not to drive, given the landscapes that you would miss.

6. is there any tourist office in the town
There are Tourist offices in every town.

Travel Tips for Herceg-Novi

Entrance to Boka Kotorska

by karenincalifornia

If you are driving south from Croatia, Herceg-Novi, along with neighboring Igalo will be the first major town you will reach. From Herceg-Novi you can drive all around the Bay of Kotor (Boka Kotorska).

The drive takes some time, but it shouldn't be missed. The towns are charming and the scenery is dramatic. Imposing mountains drop directly into the sea. Gasoline and deisel in Montenegro were extremely inexpensive - at least to this Californian.

With low prices like you see in Montenegro, you won't mind at all filling up your gas tank, even if you are filling up two tanks.

Discovering I had a full tank of gas is one of my fondest memories...

Beach Zanjice

by vesna04

The easiest way to reach this beautiful beach is by boat ( it would be too long drive by car). There are the organized boat transfers from the most of H.Novi beaches. It is a short ride (about 15 minutes), DONĀ“T MISS IT. The boats run frequently, but make sure to find out when is the last boat for the return.

I confess

by karenincalifornia

Yes, we indulged in this Montenegrin tradition of eating tons of carbs in the morning. After pigging out at the all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet at Perla Hotel on our last morning in Herceg-Novi, we waddled on down the promenade and bought all of these high carb, high calorie treats.

My very talented chef-husband and I love to cook and we like to duplicate local specialties after our vacations. I tried to duplicate the kolaci and was a miserable failure. I'll stick to golden raisin oatmeal cookies. I do a better job with these love cookies than the complicated Montenegrin tortes.

Savina Monastery

by vesna04

Savina Monastery reflects the harmony of arhitectual and natural beauty. It is situated about 2 km from Herceg Novi towords Meljine. On the way up the hill you will pass trough the mediteranian woods of pine, palm, oak and cypress trees. When you get there you will be rewarded with the stuning views. The blue clor of te sea in the contrast to the white structure of the Monastery. Fantastic!!!

Forte Mare

by Lalique

This fortification construction was built some senturies ago by Italians. Nowadays it's another landmark of Herceg Novi.
Haven't been inside but on the top of it during high season ther is open air cinema.
And one more intersting thing about surrounding of Forte Mare. While approaching it from the left hand side, if you walk along the sea, the shore at some point make a curve inland, this curve is not really noticable and has a lenght of 15-20 meters, but in this very place there are no winds (never) and the ground temperature several degrees higher (always). Noone was able to explain me why, even locals.....

Comments