Kotor Hotels

Our Members Say

• Avieira67 profile photo Avieira67
  • Reviews: 1004

Old Town Hostel: The best of the best hostels

I was informed about this hostel through the internet and I made a booking for just one night. After arriving at the place, I was surprised with the great conditions they offer. Then, I booked for another night.
You can't find anything cleaner!
Very hospitable and hepful staff!
Good location!
I could communicate in my language, as one of the receptionists lived in Brazil!
Tourist information!
Air conditioning!
Coffe and tea for free!
Drinks for free every night!

• Written May 28, 2013

• Orchid profile photo Orchid
  • Reviews: 297

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Villa Miramare (Rosa): Seaside Villa in Dobrota

Kotor should be enjoyed in the sunshine, but sadly we endured 3 days of steady rain. Villa Miramare was clean and comfortable accommodation. The only problem we had was that a mixup in our booking had us with just 2 nights rather than 3, and we moved to a MUCH less salubrious place for the last night.

You can see the sea out the window of the apartment, which is spacious, and with comfortable bedding.It is a 40 minute walk into Kotor, which would not have been a problem - a really beautiful walk - but less so in the rain! In better weather a swim might be in order, or you can even moor your boat outside.

As a consequence we did not use the terrace area, and the clothes line served only to get our washing wetter in the rain!

The changing view across the bay to the steep hill, as clouds scudded along. The lights across the bay, reflected on the water are very atmospheric. I hope to return to Kotor some day in more clement warther

• Related to: Sailing and Boating, Architecture
  • Written April 19, 2013

Rainy Panorama at Dobrota, Kotor

• Cockleshell profile photo Cockleshell
  • Reviews: 202

Villa Ivana: Pleasant stay in the Old Town

I enjoyed my four night stay at Villa Ivana. The location, just inside the city walls of the old town is super and offers good value for money for such a prime location. The property comes with around eight hundred years of history and has been tastefully modernised. The owners, who live on site, are friendly. It was nice to share a beer and a chat on the terrace which gives lovely views across the bay.

• Related to: Historical Travel, Architecture, Hiking and Walking
  • Written September 18, 2012

Villa Ivana

• Intbodyworker profile photo Intbodyworker

Milk House: Suite with a view

The milk house was the cleanest accommodation we stayed at so far on this trip. After 4 flights of stairs, you are rewarded with a great view of trg od mljeka (milk place), onto restaurants and passer-byes, and a big studio, with kitchen and dining room that sleeps up to 3 adults, with parquet floors. Breakfast was included, and to be had at hotel rendez-vous right across the square, where we stayed tge next night. There, the room was extremely narrow and bathroom downright gross...
Kotor is a great town to visit, if you realky are into history, and have spare money for boat excursions and other tours..

Great view, day spa in house, kitchen.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Sailing and Boating, Hiking and Walking
  • Written August 13, 2012

• Treeman28 profile photo Treeman28
  • Reviews: 19

Hotel Rendezvous: A "lovely jubly" place to stay

Due to the mix-up with our previous booking, we were a bit desperate when we inquired here. We asked for a room for 6, explaining we had a tight budget but wanted to stay in the old town, and were offered two rooms of three with breakfast for €20 per person per night. The hotel is in a small square (Trg od Mljeka) by the Church of St Luke and a five-minute walk (or stumble after a night's drink!) through the old streets to the main square, where everything seemed to be happening.
So we could all stay on the top floor together, a bed was brought up to make one of the rooms fit for three people, and it was comfortable enough, with two windows and a fridge. The staff were friendly- one even shared his love of Only Fools and Horses with us, asking if the rooms were "lovely jubly".

A waiter with a penchant for quoting Only Fools and Horses

• Related to: Budget Travel, Festivals, Backpacking
  • Written August 17, 2011

View from our room (1)

• Treeman28 profile photo Treeman28
  • Reviews: 19

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Montenegro Hostel: Rude and inept

This is the first negative review that I have ever (fortunately) had cause to make. However, having made a reservation, I turned up there to find confusion and generally impolite treatment.
I had made a mistake booking but sent an email three or four months in advance to change it. They replied to say it had been changed, but when I turned up they claimed I had only booked for one person and got annoyed with me when I showed them the email proof that I had changed to six. After telling me it was my fault and moaning that she would have to pay for it out of her wages (even though we were still being asked to pay) we were offloaded onto some stranger who claimed he had rooms.

I didn't see the inside of the hostel, but beware of the staff- very unfriendly!

Rudeness

• Written August 16, 2011

Hotel Marija

Hotel Marija is one of the less fancy hotels in this small town, it is in the old town so it is good location and can be a nice choice for basic stay in this town but if you look for the better class, check my other hotel tips in this town.

• Written May 21, 2011

Hotel Cattaro

Hotel Cattaro is one of the oldest and nicest hotels here. Can be perfect for the travelling couples, we didn’t use it but I took a note to myself just in case I will pass by this lovely town in the future or for any traveller who might read this tip that plan to visit this place.

• Written May 21, 2011

Hotel Vardar

Hotel Vardar seems one of the nicest hotels here. It is central located in the middle of the old town and by judging the coffee and service in the coffee shop in the square I believe also the hotel should be nice one.

• Written May 20, 2011
Tip Photo

• littlebush profile photo littlebush
  • Reviews: 1132

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Montenegro hostel: Congrats if you find it 1st time!

Lcoated in the heart of the old town, its in a perfect location, if you can find it
The wesbite does give directions but when youre new to the old town, its impossible to find, but just ask around and i think people are so used to people asking for it, they all now know where it is!
the hostel is ok, they have different buidlings scattered around near the main building so difficult to know exactly which one u may end up in but all are well equipped, i stayed in a 7 bed dorm with its own tv and kitchen.
the only downside is the price, 24 euros is extortionate for this part of the world!
and then charging another 5 euros just to leave my bag and use facilities, so wasnt impressed, but the staff seemed ok and most backpackers seem to stay there.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written September 13, 2010

• iaint profile photo iaint
  • Reviews: 1431

Hotel Vardar: excellent!

Just walked in off the street to get a room here - no regrets at all. €115 (inc breakfast) for a de luxe double in a 4 star establishment.

Room was great - shower room enormous. The cafe/bar was super with a great choice of music.

The staff were all friendly and helpful. Nothing to fault it for!

My room had a great view out over the old town - the hotel is within the old town itself.

You have to park at a car park just across the river from the old town, but nothing the hotel can do about that!

The staff!

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Related to: Historical Travel, Luxury Travel
  • Written October 22, 2009

front of hotel

• pure1942 profile photo pure1942
  • Reviews: 1189

SOBE: Budget Accommodation

For the budget traveller, there are no hostels in Kotor. This doesn't mean there are no budget options as you will undoubtably be approached at the bus station, especially after the 'big' buses from Dubrovnik and Budva.
We had no problem finding accommodation straight away in Kotor with an elderly man who approached us at the station. After assuring us his house was only a minute from the station and a 3 minutes walk from the Old Town. True to his word the house was located very convieniently close to the station and Old Town...need lugging of backs through the Old Town needed.
At the house we met the man's wife, I think her name wass Nina. She showed us to a very comfortable and spacious double room and we agreed a price of €10 per person. (You could probably haggle, especially in low season and with a small group - there's room for four/five in the house, but we were happy with the price so didn't.
Very happy with the stay with these kind Montenegrins who although having little english were more than happy to 'chat' using more sign language than language! Got the impression that both of them had a splattering of Italian and German too.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written April 27, 2009

Our Kotor 'Mammy'

• Alavanja profile photo Alavanja

Stoliv studio for rent: Where to stay near Kotor

If you're in for calm evenings, crickets, olive trees and view over old XVI century town of Perast, away from clubbing and traffic jams, then check out:
www.stoliv.multiply.com

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Festivals, Cycling
  • Written July 4, 2008
Tip Photo

view from the balcony, studio interior

• Kvamkvam profile photo Kvamkvam
  • Reviews: 27

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Rendez Vous: Don't stay at Rendez Vous

A crap, overprized hotel in the middle of the old town of Kotor. Thelocation is the only good thing about it!
Try to avoid staying here.

None

• Related to: Budget Travel, Road Trip, Backpacking
  • Written August 13, 2007
Tip Photo

• eager_for_the_best profile photo eager_for_the_best

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Private accommodation: Just talk to people

Three of us came to Kotor having no idea where to stay. But if you just go a bit further from the bus stop along the water you will find yourself in the residential area where 50% of people rent out houses or rooms. There might be even no announcement on the renting out of the place, just ask. Don't worry if you didn't find what you need, owner of the room can just advise you another place that you can check. It is like a big network of landlords who easily forward people from one place to another. And... it works! E.g. we rented out a small separate house with small kitchen and shower for 30 euros a day, and it can accommodate up to 4-5 people.

• Related to: Budget Travel