Villa Maki

PalmPalm

Tivat Podgorica Bus Timetable

by immolmp

Hi

I am landing to Tivat Airport and nee to go to Podgorica. I was wondering if there are any buses in Tivat Airport to go to Podgorica and if there is any timetable available on the web?
Have anyone of you heard about such bus? what is the fare price

Thanks

RE: Tivat Podgorica Bus Timetable

by Esquimco

Isn't it much better to fly from BGD to PG directly. It's cheeper, too... Look, if you even decide to find bus from TivatAirport to PG, I think it's very expencive in comperence to find bus from Tivat-Bus-Station to PG (only 5 euro). There is about 50 buses every day from Tivat to PG. DON'T USE TAXI FROM AIRPORT TO THE BUS-STATION, cause it's more expencive than plane! :)

RE: Tivat Podgorica Bus Timetable

by Montenegro_Savvy

What I do knowe is that there are after each Montenegro airlines flight minivans to Budva (3 - 5 evros)and from Budva you can take a bus to Podgorica (4 evros)

Travel Tips for Tivat

Tourist Informations

by vesna04

This tourist office of Tivat is located in the center. I don?t know the exact adress but you don?t need it as it can?t be missed. Tivat center is very small so no chance you wouldn?t run into it in no time.

A barque

by Drphoto

A barque is a vessel with at least three masts, all of them fully square rigged except for the sternmost one, which is fore-and-aft rigged. The wooden three-masted barque was the most common type of deep-water cargo-carrier in the middle of the 19th century.There are some fine barques that are still sailing, like this one called ''Jadran''.

The Wells

by vesna04

Near the Buca-Lukovic Palace I spoted two wells. They look very old. One is placed in the little park ( on the main photo ) and the other on the middle of the little square next to it ( the second photo). They look realy lovely.

Tivat

by peterdhduncan

Tivat, like Herceg Novi, is a garden town with plenty of flowers and trees along its promenade. We stopped there only briefly for a lunch-time drink.

It is also the home of the airport at which we landed when we arrived. As you can see, there is not a lot of land between the end of the runway and the bay!

Return to our Montenegro Intro Page

Donja Lastva

by Aurorae

"The Sunset Skies"

I stayed in a small village in the outskirts of Tivat.
Those two weeks at the seaside have been a real bliss. The landscapes and village sceneries were eden-alike, just the kind I like and need, and I felt perfectly and functioned perfectly! And as it was September already, there was no crowd! Just what I like! All the coast to myself! The villagers don’t swim, only youth does, but not for a long time. They come, take a swim and go. I stayed on the shore all day long.
But the best of all was the sea itself! There are no words to describe the colours, taste, scents… And the views especially!!!
The village is on the coast, small and peaceful, and except two supermarkets, a hotel, a restaurant and two cafes, and a church, there is nothing there, but several old houses in stone, and some newer weekend-houses. I love things this way – old architecture, Mediterranean vegetation and almost no people.
Here, I had my little beach, I even had rocks (I love the combo pebbles/rocks best!), palm trees to make the shadow, and olive trees, too. A wonderful sea-world which I enjoyed, swimming and snorkeling. I saw an octopus who captured a bug crab and then released its ink on me as it was protecting its catch! I collected many sea-shells and sea-urchin “skeletons” from the bottom, and I had a “fight” with a little crab who attempted to chew me, I pointed a finger on him asking him if he was crazy and ain’t I a little bit too big bite for him! He was barely the size of my thumb-nail! But later I thought, if somebody saw me having a conversation with a crab, what would they have thought… he he…
I can just sit on the shore and not do anything, not think even, and have a perfect time, not needing anything else. Only the sight relaxes me and fills me in inside. I enjoyed all the beauties of the nature and weather. I was swimming on the rain, and saw a rainbow! And I followed the clouds and winds as they changed, and I was so happy! Sea is my remedy, my recharger, my drugs. If I lived at the sea, after a stressful day at work, only one walk on the shore, one look at the deep blue sea and feeling its scent in the nostrils would put all the stress away!
I was quite active down there, swimming and walking all the time, going to paces, neighbouring villages and towns, taking a ride on the ferry across the bay of Boka (the ferry is FREE, believe it or not!!!)

I was so sad to leave… I brought a 2 L bottle of sea with me! :) And a box of pebbles and sea-shells. It still smells so beautifully.

"The Lighthouse"

I enjoyed sitting at this lighthouse the most in the sunset and in the night of the full Moon, listening to the waves and smelling the sea. It tranquilizes. A bat kept me a nice company at nights. :)

"The Beach"

This is where I was swimming, and hiding from the sun in the shadow of this tree.

"Pebbles"

This is the beach, my favourite type - small stones and pebbles, the crystal clear sea, and rocks nearby with all the marine life!
I brought a jar with these stones home, as well as the stuff I dived for to the bottom - sea shells and sea-urchin "skeletons".

Another coastal scene from Donja Lastva.

"Sv.Roko Church"

On the square with the same name.

The view from the tree crown shadow.

Social life? Even though I was alone, I had plenty! I met so many nice people. I especially loved talking to two older men – one was an old fisherman, who was the only person on the coast beside me all the time. The other was a truly fascinating man!!! I’m not sure, but I suspect he might be around 60 or so. He has grown up children living in Belgrade. He is academic painter, graduated in Novi Sad in ’72, a true artist. He traveled the whole globe, and decided to settle in this peaceful village (the place truly has some inexplicable charm, hidden chants!) He knows a lot about philosophy, psychology, history, and art of course, so we had endless conversations! Mind you, he is a very charming and attractive man, in spite of his age! He has style and he is youthful in spirit! But I was especially impressed with his body – like of a very handsome, athletic guy in his 20’s!!! And the way he swims! AMAZING! Like a dragon! He is so agile, muscular, and great built! You can tell he is old only by the gray hair and wrinkles on his face. He has very handsome features! I love talking to nice people. And Yugoslavs being friendly and outgoing, it’s very easy to make new friends and talk to people. After only few days I felt like native, adjusted and “naturalized”, and people started greeting me on the street, exchanging a few polite phrases, etc.
My “host-family” has a lovely garden and orchard-yard. They have figs, oranges, lemons, pomegranates, tangerines, vineyard with grapes, kiwi, olive trees… They offered me their fruit! And they make their own wine and rakija (typical YU brandy), and they were doing so exactly when I was there, so I was invited for degustation! It was delicious!!!

Comments