Hotel Mediteran

See Amenities

Best Hotel in Ulcinj

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 3, 2010

THIS IS NOT A RUSSIAN OWNED NOUVEAU RICHE STYLE HOTEL YET AWFULLY DESIGNED AND INCREDOUSLY OVERPRICED, CONJESTED, AND LACK SOUL.

If you are the type of traveler who enjoys being surrounded by beautiful nature scenary of palm, olive and pine trees, breathing the fresh sea breeze from your balcony overlooking the Adriatic while gazing at a century old town developed by Turks--then this is the place you.

I really like this place..It uniquely unprententious, since the star of the place is its location.

The rooms appeared recently renovated and were of good size and pleasant. Beds were comfortable and clean while the bathroom were workable, but needed some cosmetic work.

When I arrived, not only was I warmly greeted and escorted to my room, but the receptionist and housekeeping were quite attentive and we adamant to please. I visited in October and I was told the place gets slow in the offseason---no worries though, I came to relax and that;s what I did.

The pool was amazingly large and heated with awesome views and alot of sun.

I really enjoyed walking the town..The hotel is walking distance to everything..shopping, beaches, promenade, old town, etc. The nightlife was decent thought it appears locals were not out in full force since the tourist season was winding down.

Breakfast was always a treat..The chef would ask me and the kids what we wanted to eat and in a matter of minutes --he would deliver. He outdid himself each time.

Unique Quality: This place is a great secret. Not only is it cheap but you get tremedous value for ur money. I paid approx 30 euros BB (includes taxes) and believe this was a pittance for the experience and piece of mind.
I look forward to returning again this year.

Directions: This is one main road in Ulcinj.. There are plenty of street signs leading you to the property

Great Local Vibe, Kind of a Surprise!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 28, 2010

I traveled with my brother to Italy and Montenegro, taking the ferry from Bari to get to the Ulcinj South Coast. My brother is with an NGO and was referred to the Hotel Mediteran in Ulcinj, which is kind of in the center of things. Ibro at the front desk was great on checking in, and both our room and our excursion package were ready on our arrival. The hotel works with a local company to provide an active sports/recreation package which we purchased. All of the sports you can handle in a week, including windsurfing, cycling, mountain biking, and a pair of jet ski's to use while we were there. Also a couple day at Velika Plaza and Ada Bojana, which we water taxi'd to in about 15 minutes. Best beaches we've been to in a long time.

Frankly, we did not know what to expect in heading across the water from Italy, and we were surprised - just a great place, we think kind of undiscovered. Really beautiful and easy to do a lot of sports stuff if you want.

Unique Quality: Hotel Mediteran Ulcinj has a terrific large swimming pool that overlooks the Adriatic, the town, and the old fortifications of Stari Grad Ulcinj. The sun deck next to the pool gets a lot of sun from early hours so we got there early each day. And frankly, we enjoyed the young ladies staying at the hotel. We understand most were from Serbia and northern Montenegro while we were there, and the reports we must say are true - Montenegro has the most beautiful women we have seen in some time.

Directions: Hotel Mediteran Ulcinj is in the midle of the town adjacent to a lookout place called "Kula" where you can watch the waves or look over at the old town. All of the locals there know the hotel well so just give the name of the hotel, they'll get you there.

Best Kept Secret

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 15, 2006

I checked into the Hotel Mediteran a few days before national holiday in Montenegro. Hotel Mediteran in Ulcinj is one of the original hotels built along Montenegro's coast, as I was told, and while it shows its age at times, I understand that their is a new owner and major plans to renovate this place. You can't beat the location. My room overlooked the old city and main beach in Ulcinj - simply a beautiful view of the Adriatic Sea. Right alongside the hotel is a a set of stairs that takes you right into the old city, the beach, the strand. This works out pretty cool since there is a large active night life here, which you can take part in for as long as you want, then escape up the stairs to the hotel.

Unique Quality: Great views, very well located, can't beat the price and value. I hope they don't raise prices too much when they renovate this place. I'd come back. Staff is great by the way - nice people and very helpful.

Directions: Drive in to the old town and beach area - Hotel Mediteran is on your right. All the taxi drivers and locals know the hotel.

Nearby Hotel Mediteran

• Airport Transportation
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Ulcinj Travel Forum

Need advice about Ulcinj, Republic of Montenegro? Visit the Travel Forum for Ulcinj and ask our Answer Gurus.

Explore Deeper into Ulcinj
Restaurant Antigona Over Charge
Restaurants
Garbage and are the beaches clean?
Local Customs
Leave outside shoes by the door or outside
Bar to Ulcinj by bus
Transportation
Bus to Albania (or taxi!!!!)
Bus to Ulcinj from Kotor
Mala Plaza
Stari Grad Museum
Stari Grad
Things to Do
Choose the time of your visit carefully!
Warnings and Dangers
Pasha mosque
Mala plaza or Plazhi i Vog‘l
Renovated palace ?
Things to Do
Cross road to the old city
Things to Do
Stoja, saltworks and seafood restaurants
Off The Beaten Path
More fresh seafood
Restaurants
Fresh Sea Food and more !
City beach
Restaurant Teuta
Namazdah mosque
Language mix !
Favorites
Tracks of living humans !
Restaurant Kalaja