Pristina Hotels

Our Members Say

• maykal profile photo maykal
  • Reviews: 1403

Velania Guesthouse (Bujtine): The Professor's

As far as I know, this is the only budget place to stay in Prishtina. Set above the city in a quiet street on Velania Hill, a fairly well-off area of town, the Velania guesthouse is a great place to stay. Run by the "professor" who speaks excellent English, the guesthouse is spread over two buildings in the same street.

Free internet access, use of kitchen, free laundry if you stay three days, use of the Professor's In Your Pocket Guide to Prishtina, constant hot water, television in rooms.

A twin room en suite cost us 20 Euro a night (at 10 Euro each, that's the same as hostels in Macedonia and Bulgaria). Once my travelling companion had left, I stayed in a single room for 13 Euro...the shared bathroom was tiny, and involved some acrobatics to use the shower...go for en suite if you can, as it is worth the extra couple of Euros

• Written April 5, 2008
Tip Photo

Velania district, looking down to Prishtina centre

Velania Guesthouse: Budget Accomodation

This family owned guesthouse is located quite out of the center and not easily accessible by local transport but it is the only one in the town. I have no whatsoever experience with this GH.

p.s. lately i have had a few very unpleasent comments regarding this lodging including misuse of copyrighted website from another lodging in canada. (edited text of original posting)

• Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel

• Greatwalk0 profile photo Greatwalk0
  • Reviews: 283

Hotel Ora: Air Conditioning in Kosovo

An excerpt from the email I just sent my collegues about the Hotel Ora in Kosovo:

"This morning as I was leaving to go to the field office, the manager of the hotel I am at asked how my night was. I told him that he had a beautiful hotel (blatant lie) and the food was very nice (gross exageration), and casually mentioned that my room was a bit warm (no AC).

This evening I came back to my room to see part of my exterior wall ripped out with a brand new air conditioner being installed. It's finally in and working (now 9:30 PM) and I am left hoping this doesn't appear on my bill - something I will confirm tomorrow with the manager (after thanking him, of course). Now that's service ..."

While the view from the hotel is depressing (see picture), I was greatly impressed by the dedication of the hotel staff.

The hotel has five floors and approximately 25 rooms. Breakfast is included in the price, but is somewhat unimpressive (as is standard in this region). The hotel's restaurant serves acceptable food, but given Pristina's large number of high quality restaurants, it doesn't make sense to eat at the hotel.

Amazing service and VERY friendly staff

• Related to: Budget Travel, Business Travel
  • Written September 3, 2006

• Greatwalk0 profile photo Greatwalk0
  • Reviews: 283

Hotel Royal: Pristina's Finest Hotel

Travelors to Pristina quickly realize that there is a dearth of good hotels in this city. Hotel Royal, a new Pristina hotel, located conveniently near the center of the city, is an exception. It's friendly staff and clean rooms are quite comfortable for both business travelors and tourists.

I was also pleasantly surprised by the quality of the hotel's restaurant.

Definately consider the Hotel Royal the next time you are in Pristina.

All rooms include a FREE mini-bar (yes, included in the price, but limited) and FREE wireless internet that actually works. Room rate also includes breakfast, which is decent.

The actress Michelle Phfifer stayed at the hotel once several years ago - a fact that the hotel will not soon forget.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written July 31, 2007

• dimals profile photo dimals

Hotel ALDI: A very nice, quite, friendly and cheap hotel

I've been in Kosovo for a week and have stayed in hotel Aldi. i would prefer to people that are traveling for any reason in Pristina, to choose Aldi hotel as a best buy for them.

Clean, very clean. Taxi to the city central for only 2 euros. Very friendly stuff etc.

• Related to: Business Travel, Family Travel, Gay and Lesbian
  • Written June 1, 2010

The room that I stayed

• Tobbelkp profile photo Tobbelkp
  • Reviews: 36

Hotel Begolli: A good alternative in Pristina

I stayed for one night with my teenage daughter on the way from Macedonia to Albania.
The room was nice and clean with a new bathroom, very good shower and the service was good.
Walking distance to the city center. Plenty of shops around. A 3-4 euro ride with taxi to the bus station. €50 for a double including breakfast. Breakfast also came with omelette.

Very friendly service.

• Related to: Family Travel
  • Written July 28, 2011

Princi i Arberit Hotel: 5 star Hotel

I have had some friends staying at this hotel and apart form distance from the center they where satisfied with it. Prince Suite is awsome. Every room is equiped with AC, electronic keycards, cable/satellite TV and direct phones, safes and internet connecton. Rooms are very spacious.

This hotel has indoor pool, sauna, massage center, fitness, steam bath and solarium.

• Written April 11, 2006

• nuhi profile photo nuhi
  • Reviews: 2

Hotel: Begolli

Service was friendly and the employees were honest. We had a two bedroom room with a living room for $50 euro's a night. No breakfast or coffee was included.

There are no great views or accommodations but the rooms are clean and updated.

• Related to: Study Abroad, Business Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written November 13, 2005

Hotel Victory: Hotel Victory

This is newly build hotel with great conference hall and parking lot.The rooms are equipped with TV, Air-conditioning, phone with a direct line, small bar
and free access to Internet. Located 2 km from the city center by connects to every part of town easily with public transport.

• Vancouver07 profile photo Vancouver07

Velania Guest House: Guest House in Pristina Steals Vancouver website

I own the Manor Guest House in Vancouver, B.C., Canada. Our website is www.manorguesthouse.com.
Velania Guest House in Pristina has stolen the photo of our house from our website and put it on theirs. When you see their website you think that beautiful house is Velania Guest House, but it is ours in Vancouver. They have also stolen our format. Go to our website and see for yourselves.
Would you want to stay in a place that represents itself so dishonestly?

Brenda
Manor Guest House
Vancouver, B.C.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written December 2, 2007

• Sympathisant profile photo Sympathisant
  • Reviews: 32

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

guest house Professor: the budget option

18 Euro double room
if you take one alone (only doubles there...) it' s 13 Euro
I pay 12 Euro, because it's "dead season" according to the Prof

impossible to explain the way from the centre
taxi unfortunately is a must

my cab driver didn't know the place
but tell him that it is the street behind the one where Kosovas President Rugova lives in, that they do know, hehe...

that fact also causes to make it the safest place in town

cable TV, coffee and tea, washing clothes, towels ...
all that in price included!
"this is a GUESTHOUSE, and you are my guest"

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written August 19, 2003

• simonday profile photo simonday
  • Reviews: 9

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

hotel royal: kosovo

could not recomend this hotel highly enough. First rate. Very helpful English speaking staff. Come out of hotel, turn right, top of the road one of the best bars i have ben in for a long time. I forget the name but has big garden out front.

• Written March 4, 2010

• Astrawan profile photo Astrawan

Hotel Begolli: Best Value Boutique Hotel in Pristina

Hotel Begolli is a small boutique hotel in the heart of Pristina, tucked away in the meandering lanes around the Bazaar and a few meters back from Rr. per Podujeve which runs into Mother Thereza street. I have found that the Begolli hotel provides the best value for money in accommodation in Pristina and compared to the bigger and better known hotels in the city - the apartments, the rooms and the willingness of management to cater for request means it is definitely heading in the right direction.

The hotel is only small with five apartments and 11 rooms, but the price of the apartments which are fully furnished with a kitchen, lounge and satellite TV is less than half of what you would pay at any of the mid-range or top end hotels like the Prishtina or the Grand.

Given the above glowing recommendation the apartments and the rooms furnishings may not be everyone's cup of tea and there are a couple of short comings that I feel need to be pointed out. The apartments do not have any clothes storage or hanging facilities, two small drawers on the bedside tables are about the extend of it. Furthermore, the kitchens do not have sufficient cooking utensils or pots and pans. I asked management for some and received a pot and frying pan from the hotel kitchen as well as some cutlery from the restaurant. I have gathered that if I needed anything esle I would have to buy them. However, compared with the competition, I still highly recommend this hotel and as one of the best available in Pristina.

Check out their webpage for the pictures of their rooms, and sure they don't have the budget for a flash webpage but as they say, a picture says a thousand words and in this case, you can check out each and every one of their rooms online and see if you agree. ps. check out the jacuzzi spas.. :-) and no, we don't have one in our apartment!

The most outstanding characteristic I have to admit is the price - Hotel Begolli leaves the competition behind in pricing itself in the budget market, but with room amenities that rivals the more expensive hotels here in Pristina. Location also is a great plus, as it is walking distance to everything in town including Government departments around Skenderbeu statue, the bazaar as previously mentioned, as well as restaurants, bars and shopping.

Self catering in this environment is an absolute pleasure with the fresh fruit and vegies of the bazaar plus an excellent meat mart just around the corner. There are also numerous little minimarts and a couple of slightly bigger 'mini markets' within five minutes walk where one can stock up on ingredients or snacks.

On arrival, the management has endeavored to put on extra satellite TV channels like Discovery, and a whole bunch of English language News (Euronews, BBC & CNN), TV Series and Movie channels (no Starmovie but good enough).

A few days ago I asked for Internet to be connected in our apartment and the ISP guys came and hooked us up yesterday, which is why I can now get online from here instead of getting smoked out in one of the Internet cafes in town!

Early this morning at the ungodly hour of 3.00am, our hot water system blew up!, and just after lunch the workmen arrived with a brand new hot water system and installed it so now we have lovely hot water again - a must during these freezing cold days and nights.

Our apartment is very comfortable and has separate heaters in the bedroom, the loungeroom and one in the kitchen. We do not have any problem with power or being cold (trust me, I come from the South Pacific and you will hear me whining a mile away if I am cold!! ;-))

I suppose at the end of the day, I appreciate the management's willingness to help, even though they may not respond as quickly or exactly as I would expect, but they do try and make an effort to make our stay more comfortable and enjoyable.

• Related to: Business Travel, Budget Travel, Family Travel
  • Written December 2, 2006

• UN_Traveller profile photo UN_Traveller

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

New hotels in Pristina/Prishtine

In the last year a few new hotels have sprung up in Pristina. The best of the bunch is Hotel Pristina, that is located at the far end of Police Avenue (ten minutes walk from the UNMIK HQ, opposite Rilindja Parking). Spacious rooms, high-speed internet connection in rooms (okay, not high, high speed, but at least it is DSL). Room I got had comfortable large king bed, large sitting area, and a bathroom that is a step beyond most what I have seen around the Balkans. There is even a suite with a Jacuzzi, but it was double the price, which i hardly think is worth it. Think the regular rooms were around Euro 80 a night for two.

Next door are two other hotels - the Hotel Dion (and I forget name of other) - but the rooms, though very modern and clean are very small, almost pokey in fact.

• Written April 3, 2006

• OMR profile photo OMR
  • Reviews: 21

You will not waist your time...

You will not waist your time looking for hotels, Mianly you will find 1 or 2 hotels in any city in Kosovo.
Talking about Prstina, you have the Grand Hotel, the main one, the UNMIK hotel for the UN staff members and may be some new hotels like Ilirina hotel

• Opinion of Price: