62 Republicii Blvd, Brasov, Transylvania, 2200, Romania

Booking.com AMOMA.com Hotelsclick.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 2 star hotels

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo

Hotel Coroana

We stayed 4 nights in the Hotel Coroana which belongs to the ARO Palace group. They own 5 hotels of different standards in Brasov. Hotel Coroana has two Romanian stars and it was opened in 1910 as the first modern hotel in Brasov.

They have rooms with en-suite or shared bathrooms. Studios and apartments are available as well. The rooms have probably seen better days, but offer their own Romanian charm.

Our room had a great night view of the illuminated BRASOV letters at Tampa hill. It was equipped with an en-suite bathroom and cable TV. The price for the double room was 205 RON (about 60 Euro, 2007) and included a buffet style breakfast in the large main saloon (80 seats).

Honestly speaking we didn't really like the breakfast, so we asked at the reception if we could also pay for the room without breakfast. The receptionist was very friendly and charged us 170 RON (about 50 Euro, 2007) less for the next days without breakfast.

Directions: The main advantage of Hotel Coroana is its central location near the northeastern end of the pedestrianised Street Republicii.

• midnight_mike's Profile Photo

Rooms for all budgets

Hotel Coroana has an ideal location at the edge of Strada Republicii, where the shops and main attractions are located. The hotel has two types of rooms: regular and budget. The budget rooms are small and the bathrooms just have a toilet and a sink. The rates for the regular and budget rooms are dramatically different.

• billus's Profile Photo

hello, will you please GET OUT?

The next day the cleaning staff called my room at EXACTLY 11:00 and asked me if I wanted to stay another night. "In My Dreams". I dropped off the keys smartly at 11:05 and remarked "I take nothing from mini-bar".

Unique Quality: There are no mini-bars.

• billus's Profile Photo

For YOU, $20/a night

I don't understand what else you'd want. You get a pair of beds, a shower and a satellite TV with "Clanu Soprano" Series IV playing at 10:00 PM- better get back for that. In the morning open the windows to the main pedestrian street and the life of the city below.

Unique Quality: Across the street the McDonald's Hamburger beckons: A trio of young girls walk past carrying gay yellow and red balloons

• A little pricey, but location - location

The Corona is OK - it is a little pricey.

Service was great. Rooms were fine. The breakfast was OK.

It is on the main shopping area across from the park and the McDonalds.

Location - location - locatin

• tiganeasca's Profile Photo

A convenient location, a comfortable room

You might wish to try the Hotel Coroana, a two-star place with a location that is hard to beat--a five minute walk from piata Sfatului. I had a huge corner room overlooking the street (you can see it in the picture). There was room for four or five people in my room and it was pleasantly furnished, though not fancy.
    I no longer recall the precise price I paid, though I recall that it was not expensive at all. I think it was about $45 in 1999; I will see if I can find out more and then post it here.

Unique Quality: According to the advertisements, the hotel has a restaurant (I didn't eat there, sorry), a day and a breakfast lounge, and a conference a hall. They will change your money at the front desk/currency exchange. The hotel has 76 rooms and 155 beds divided among a small handful of suites and singles and a large number of doubles. My room had not only a telephone and television but a refrigerator as well!

Directions: I have seen two addresses listed, which may not be odd since it sits on a corner: Str. Politehnicii 2 also str. Republicii 62. But ask anyone; it is the oldest hotel in the city (opened 1910)

Comments