Sporturilor Str., Poiana Brasov,, Brasov, 500001, Romania

Piata Unirii, BrasovPiata Unirii, Brasov

The Ecaterina's GateThe Ecaterina's Gate

Ski lessons

by subaculture

I will be in Brasov in late January. I would love to get some cheap full day ski lessons. Anyone know any locals, part timers interested?

SC

RE: Ski lessons

by davidlayba

hy mike

dont wory when you will be in timisoara you can start to serch after a cheap full day ski lessons, the smart way is to look at romanian language and website so in romania people will help you.

all the best david

RE: Ski lessons

by karikrima

Hi,

My name is Otilia and I live in Bucuresti.In winter season, my friends and I periodically go to the mountain for sking in Brasov. Regarding your question I want you to know that you can get cheapfull day ski lessons in Poiana Brasov. If you want I will tell all the story....We found on internet a site (accommodation agency which has apartments in Bucuresti and Brasov) and we rent an apart in Brasov. Those people, I mean the agency, were great cause they arrange our ski lessons without asking them this thing (I do not have the contact phone number, but who knows....if you are also interested in accommodation you can ask them to help you with your problem). I'll give you the adress (just in case www.eastcomfort.com ).

P.S. Poiana Brasov is great! I love practising ski there....

Good luck!
If my advice was useful for you please let me know....Regards.Oti

RE: RE: Ski lessons

by subaculture

Thnaks Guys, I will let ye know how I got on!

Mike

Travel Tips for Brasov

Romanian Beer

by HORSCHECK

Romania has a long tradition of beer brewing. The process was introduced by the Transylvanian Saxons (German colonists) some centuries ago. You still find many beers with German names, e.g. Bergenbier or Golden Brau.

I tried Romania's "King of Beers" Ursus which has been brewed since 1878 in Cluj-Napoca.
The brewery is nowadays owned by South African Breweries as a part of SABMiller.

Another beer I drank was Ciuc. It is brewed in Miercurea-Ciuc and at present the brewery belongs to Heineken Romania.

I liked both beers, maybe with slight advantages for the Ursus beer.

Ursus beer:

Ciuc beer:

Securitate building

by josephescu

It may be truth that the Russian soldiers never entered Schei suburbs, but communists did. The communist secret service of Securitate, Romanian equivalent of the KGB, installed its headquarters in this coquette bourgeois villa.

A prison was built nearby (the modern building on the left, hidden behind the trees), to keep “political enemies” in hand for interrogations.....
Huge and strange communication antennas are still installed on the building.

Explore Brasov by bus

by HORSCHECK

Brasov has an extensive bus network which is run by RATBv (Regia Autonoma Transport Brasov). They usually operate from 5:30 h until midnight. Some special night services are in operation as well.

The main bus stop in the city centre is Livada Postei. Important routes are number 4 which links the train station with the city centre and number 20 which runs to Poiana Brasov.

Tickets can be brought from RATBv kiosks or from newsagent's kiosks. A single ticket costs 1,50 RON and has to be validated when boarding the bus. The route to Poiana Brasov (bus #20) costs 3,50 RON (October 2007).

Restaurant Venezia

by antistar about Restaurant Venezia

There's something about the sound of spoken Romanian, combined with the strong sunlight and overbearing warmth of the late summer, that makes everywhere feel like Italy, even if the hills are green and the buildings are distinctly German. The latin sounds take you away to... well maybe the Italian alps.

The locals have taken to pizza and pasta, and they make a decent stab of it. It's not the best I've eaten in the world, but the pizza I had at Venezia was very good, and certainly better than most pizza joints I've eaten at in Hungary. It's also a world away from the cheese on toast I had in Albania, or the kraft slices on supermarket pizza base I was served in Indonesia... but that's another story.

Good pizza, recommended by many, and a wonderful street location to eat just off the main square. You can't go wrong.

Piata Sfatului

by bonio

Large and good looking square in the centre of town, the Black church at one end and the history museum / tourist office are the main attractions as far as the buildings are concerned, it's also a great place to people watch on a warn and sunny afternoon.
Also many bars and restaurants after your custom.
Spent a couple of afternoons here, lovely.

Comments