Palace

TravellerMel's Profile Photo

Hotel Palace - Faded Glory

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 15, 2012

When you roll up on this hotel, it looks beautiful - it is in the middle of a park, walking distance from the main street with restaurants and a trolley car. Built around the turn of the last century, it retains a certain dated elegance. Once inside, however, things go downhill...

The staff were very unpleasant - in fact, the first time we had run into a nasty attitude during our entire 7 days in Romania. The rooms were a nice size - our room looked out over the park - but there were only two pillows and they were FLAT. We called the front desk to ask for more, but they never came. The bed sloped and was lumpy. The water in the shower would not get hot. We were glad we only stayed here one night...

Directions: in Ghica Park, across from the Casino

iwys's Profile Photo

Grand hotel in Sinaia

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 31, 2008

The Palace Hotel was built in 1911 to be the grandest hotel in Sinaia and to accommodate the visitors to the casino. It is not as luxurious as it once was, but it still has a certain style. The staff have a laid back attitude which might not suit everyone.

The double rooms are very big and the single rooms are very small, so it's better for couples.

clarabog's Profile Photo

Sinaia's Hotel Palace

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 25, 2007

I had booked two rooms for a one night stay. A 3* single for me, and a 4* double for my friend. I booked through an agency and had to pay the full amount in advance. When booking I was told that they didn't have a 4* double with a view, the choice was either a 4* twin with a view, or a 4* double without. However when we were checking in, after MUCH to-ing and fro-ing, it transpired that they DID have a 4*double with a view.
Like all hotels, I guess, it pays to ask a few times!
My 3* single was adequately sized and had a small double bed (bonus!). Nice to have a bath for a soak after the journey from Bucharest.
My friend's room was large with French windows opening to a ledge with a view of the park behind the hotel and of the hills covered in pine forests. It was a shame to see graffiti on the statue in the park.
The furniture has seen better years, but it was easy to overlook this. The breakfast was typical of a large Romanian hotel. Bring your own alarm clock!... I didn't receive my wake up call, nor could I make external calls from the phone in my room.
I don't think I'd stay there again. For the prices (148 RON 3* single, 200 RON 4* double - April 2007) I think there are plenty of alternatives in Sinaia.

Dabs's Profile Photo

Grand Hotel in Sinaia

by written on June 5, 2005

The Palace Hotel was opened in 1912, the hotel lobby harkens back to a different era when hotel lobbies were meant to impress, the Palace does just that with it's overstuffed leather chairs, chandeliers and marble floors.

The room was not as impressive as the lobby area but still a comfortable place to stay.

mariaschmidt's Profile Photo

Romantic Accomodation

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 30, 2005

Beautiful classic hotel - wonderful rooms viewing the beautiful SInaia Park - rooms are luxurious - We enjoyed being there

Unique Quality: The classic architecture and atmosphere

View Professional Photos

Amenities at Palace

• Restaurant

Sinaia Travel Forum

Need advice about Sinaia, Romania? Visit the Travel Forum for Sinaia and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Sinaia hotel reviews

Gondola Lift
Sinaia Town Hall
Back Streets
Things to Do
Sinaia/Busteni cable car to top of the mountain
Bell Tower
George Enescu House
The Old Sinaia Train Station
Sinaia Monastery
Things to Do
Pelisor Castle (Little Peles)
great traditional food
Restaurants
Make sure you follow these rules for your safety
Sinaia Monastery exterior frescoes
Sinaia Monastery: The Old Church
The Bell Tower
Sinaia Monastery: Some history
Things to Do
Expensive video and photo tickets
Sightseeing around Sinaia
Penny Market
Shopping
Architecture in Sinaia
Things to Do
The beautifull entrance to the church
Clock tower