Class Hostel

195 Aurel Vlaicu Street, Itcani, Suceava, Romania

Good For No Data
  • JohnniOmani's Profile Photo

Excellent Homestay

The Class hostel is an absolutely great place to stay for several reasons. I stayed here for 3 nights so that I could see the city itself as well as all the churches in the area. The atmosphere is very comfortable and Monika who runs the place is not only friendly but speaks perfect English. She organizes and does the tours herself and she is a great cook. The hostel is spotless and the beds are dynamite. One of the best in Romania. Excellent.

Unique Quality: Cosy as they come, great host, amazing food and extremely clean :) The tours are a bit pricy (around $30 Canadian for the full day) but are worth it due to lack of transport in the area. She has internet and she is a fountain of knowledge about Romania and Moldova.

Directions: From the train station, as you come out, take the 2nd street to the right, walk 1 km and you'll see a villa on the left side of the road

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Hostel on the outskirts of Suceava

My one request from our guide was that we have a hotel with a private bath, I requested this several times through my emails with him. So I was a little surprised as we drove to Suceava from Iasi and he "suggested" we stay at the Class Hostel in Suceava. As it turns out he refers people to the hostel, they refer guests to him so I suspect this was where we were going all along.

Not wanting to be difficult, I decided that I could endure not having a private bath for a couple of days and off we headed to the hostel.

The 1/2 board rate, including breakfast and dinner, was 23E per person. The website advertises 12E per person, I think that is just for the room.

Unique Quality: As it turns out, I was very pleased with our accomodations at the Class Hostel. The owner, Monika who runs the hostel on one floor of a larger house along with her agreeable Romanian speaking father, was extraordinarily nice and a terrific cook. The 1/2 board room rate included breakfast and dinner and Monika made us a feast for breakfast each morning with eggs, rice pudding, bread, tea and more. The first night dinner was chicken (one of the guests was vegetarian and she made sure to cook something special for her), the 2nd night our guide decided to have a Romanian bbq so we got heaps of sausage and undercooked french fries.

The hostel has a couple of rooms that sleep four each and one double room which we occupied, the beds were comfortable enough to get some sleep but there was only a light curtain so we were up with the roosters at 5:30 am.

The bathroom is shared by all the hostel guests but there were only 3 other besides us so it worked out OK. Towels and linens are provided, you must have your own toiletries.

Directions: Sort of hard to find on your own, about 1 km from the north train station. If you arrange your stay ahead of time, you can probably get someone to pick you up

• Mique's Profile Photo

Brilliant hostel

This is probably one of the best hostels i've ever stayed in. Monika picked us up from the train station at 6.30 in the morning. Fed the coffee starved of us the necessary liquids and even made us lunch when we finally decided to leave our comfy beds after a quick, morning nap.

She provided us with all the info we wanted and helped us as much as she could. She has a wealth of info on the monasteries... Her dad was around too to help her out. And he was great fun. Thanks 'dad' for a great time (we had baptised him 'dad').

The hostel itself is on the outskirts of Suceava. Not very far from the trainstation. There are minibuses to the city centre every 5 minutes or so. Just remember that the last one leaves at 10 in the evening. We forgot when we came out of the pub. But with 5 in the taxi (6 with the driver) for the total of 2 euro we were back at the hostel.

Unique Quality: I think Monika counts as the unique factor here. She made us feel very at home. And what i also liked that the hostel isn't very big.

Comments