Str. Romulus, Nr. 12, Timisoara, 1900, Romania
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

More about Timisoara

stallstall

cathedralcathedral

There are many green zones in the cityThere are many green zones in the city

friendlyfriendly

Restaurant recommendations

by bartlese

My fiancé and I are getting married in May in Timisoara. My parents are coming over from the United States and I am looking for a good restaurant with good wine for the night of my wedding. Preferable something that has an outdoor seating option. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know. My parents are foodies and big winos so the menu needs to impress

Re: Restaurant recommendations

by dragos_n

don't know about the food they serve, but you can always contact them using the contact form from their website and ask for some details:

Conacul Hodoni - www.conaculhodoni.ro/en

On my way then. Thanks

Travel Tips for Timisoara

How to stand in line

by TimisKim

When I first arrived in Timisoara I thought everyone was trying to cut in line everywhere I went. I told my Romanian teacher about this and she asked me where I was standing. I told her I was standing right behind the person in front of me just like we do here in the USA. She told me the people didn't know if I was in line. She said that in Romania lines are not straight but curve to the right and that I should stand behind the right shoulder of the person in front of me. She was right! I never had anyone cut in line again.

The romantic part - Unirii Square

by Dariana

Another point of attraction is Unirii Square, the town architectural jewel. After a short walk on narrow streets, the square surprises you by its dimensions. In center, a fountain with miraculous water and the Statue of the Holly Trinity ( Plaque statue) that remembers the black death in 1740,a epidemic that devastated Timisoara and the whole region. The statue ,created in Vienna in baroque style was brought to Timisoara on water.

Timisoara

by AndreSTGT

This relatively big city in south-western Romania is an extremely attractive place with many charming baroque buildings and crumbling facades. On its magnificent Old Town square there nice cafes galore, all offering cocktails and real Italian espresso. A big part of the city centre consists of parks and green spaces, esp. along the canal, on the other side of the canal there's the university area with plenty of cheap sudenty pubs and clubs.Thus, one can call Timisoara a truly pleasant, enjoyable town, if you have money, that is, the numerous beggars and street kids would probably disagree with this statement.

Comments