Fantasy Beach Holiday Resort

Restaurant PeperoniRestaurant Peperoni

Accomodation in Mamaia??

by Nemoa

Hi all,

I know that I constantly make questions about accommodation in Romania but.... would any of you recommend a guesthouse or hotel in Mamaia? this will be the last part of my trip and I am not finding a lot of stuff to choose from in the internet.

I don't know if these is true or I dreamt it but I think someone told me that the best accomodation was in Neptun ? Is that true?

Thanks a lot, guys...

Nemoa

Re: Accomodation in Mamaia??

by Romanian_Bat

Well, in Mamaia there are no guesthouses, just hotels. But, better than Mamaia or Neptun, I would recommend this place: http://www.guraportitei.ro/
It is lovely, an alternative type of resort, made of bungalows located just on teh beach and reachable only by boat from Jurilovca (reachable from Babadag, on teh railway between Tulcea and Bucharest).
Best regards and let me know whether I can be of any further help.
Alex
alex@futurevox.com

Re: Accomodation in Mamaia??

by codrutz

Hello Nemoa, I suppose you already did a search on the Internet (on Google) about Mamaia. You can find a lot of sites offering information about accomodation. Another site about accomodation on the romanian seaside is www.plaja.ro (plaja mening beach).

I recommend Mamaia instead Neptun or any other seaside resort because it is the most attractive destination at this moment. The newest feature is a new cable car, opened two weeks ago. You can admire the sea and Mamaia from 50m altitude. The private beaches are also great. You will find a lot of night life there.

I also recommend some nice hotels, like Majestic, which is a three star plus hotel, or the four stars hotels, like Rex, Iaki or Savoy.

by Nemoa

Thanks for your kind replies.

I have seen quite a lot in the internet but only hotels as you pointed out and I am normally more interested in guesthouses because they have more character.

And the info I got did not allow me to make my mind out about the hotels, did not bring pics of the rooms or the views, etc... so it is always best to have the opinion of the locals!!

Thanks again!!

by Romanian_Bat

If you prefer a guesthouse, then you should go further down the coast, in either Vama Veche or Doi Mai (also spelled 2 Mai), both being former fisherman villages that are now full of a hippy crowd of youngsters and where accommodation is available in local houses. An alternative to these local houses is this great inn-like place: http://www.hellios-inn.ro/eng.html
You can reach these villages by taking a train from Bucharest to Mangalia, followed by a van (they run every 10 minutes) to 2 Mai or Vama Veche.
Best regards and have a nice trip,
Alex
alex@futurevox.com

by Arizonah

You aren't likely to find guesthouses in Mamaia, because M. is not a town or a village , it's only a resort with lots of hotels. Nice villas do exist near Mamaia Lake which should be affordable, but you won't find vacancies unless you make a reservation.
You can even find some rustic accomodation in 'Holiday Village' ( Satul de Vacanta) which is a part of Mamaia. However the area is extremely crowded and a bit noisy, and not too tasty.

Comments