Le Boutique Hotel Moxa

by written on December 15, 2008

ZIARUL FINANCIAR
17 NOV.2006

STELA NADOLEANU

Small hotels. A lot of attitude.

The valet is parking my car and at the entrance I am getting rid of all the shopping. I say hi to all my friends who are sitting in the lobby to drink a coffee. In my room the flowers are waiting for me, the champagne is near the bed and everything it is at its place.
The last trend in tourism is the boutique hotel. Small hotels. Independents, without being a part from the big chains. Those kinds of hotels have personalized services and a style high-end. The people that are coming here are not clients, they are a family. They are treated like the kings. In our country is an ascending trend, because in Bucharest a lot of similar hotels will be opened: small, elegant, fancy. Moxa Hotel is a boutique hotel, a small but a very beautiful hotel.
The guests that are staying at Moxa are business people and of course people interested in fancy hotels. This kind of hotel doesn’t need so much publicity, because people are talking and it is very appreciated among the business people.
At Moxa you feel at home. He was opened last year, near Calea Victoriei. Minimalist design, nice colors, a mix of styles, intelligent and nice staff. The windows are large, and you can see the center of Bucharest. The rooms are very bright and the furniture is high quality. Only 24 rooms, few for a hotel, many for a house, because it is the house of many guests.
“The investors love the idea of family, intimacy, discretion. All these and the location were the main reasons for the concept of boutique hotel”, says Roxana Stanciu, the marketing specialist of the hotel. The staff is friendly with every client, is opened, is nice, listen to their problems, advice the clients which are, more of 80%, foreign business people.
The managers of the hotel want not only business people or people with a certain budget, but also people with a certain culture and certain elegance in style and in thinking, who can understand the culture of a boutique hotel. The guests have all the facilities as in their houses, technique facilities and elegant ambient with beautiful rooms. ”We know all our guests and they know us, we know their problems, their family-by pictures or we met them in persons, we know their stories. They are not just clients, they are our family from Moxa”, says again Roxana Stanciu.
At Moxa are a lot of “long stays”, which means many months of accommodation. One example is the case of Miss Keum Lang Lee, from South Korea. She came few months ago in Romania with his husband, both having business here. “My husband chose it when he saw it on the Internet”, remember Miss Lee who adores walking on Victoriei Street or in Piata Amzei.
She feels that the staff is her second family, because they are spending a lot of time together and they know each other very well.” I should leave in Korea for the marriage of my sister and when I left the hotel for 1 week, I realized that I shall miss them very much”, remembers Miss Lee who is very happy that she was invited to the marriage of one of the members of the staff. When the members of the family return “home” they know that here, at Moxa, are very safe, physical and emotional. Everybody is waiting the other member. “It’s so good to feel at home!” says one of the guests.
“It is also so nice to drink the coffee in the nice atmosphere from the lounge, nice music, nice colors and the coffee is extraordinary!” says also Miss Lee.

At Moxa Hotel, the guest has not the feeling that he is not at his house, because he is at his house. Our philosophy is based on a series of simple concepts put into practice by our highly skilled personnel and the commitment of our management. The professionalism of our people and special atmosphere of the place combine to offer hospitality, a friendly welcome and perfectly customized services.
Committed to make Le boutique Hotel Moxa more than just a place to stay, we designed the surroundings and selected the people that will bring about the uniqueness of our environment. By the end of your stay, we hope this experience will be one of the finest you've ever had in Europe, where the old and the new meet.

Directions: Central Downtown Bucharest

Romanian_Bat's Profile Photo

Oltimes' charm and contemporary mod-cons

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 5, 2008

This is a not very large hotel that would not look very inviting from the street, with its glass-covered facade that I am never in favour of. However, once inside, one cannot but be nicely touched by the warm atmosphere, the very interesting common area / bar lounge, as well as by the nicely appointed rooms. Add to this the location, off the main drag, near ASE's Moxa Campus (and also close to a small park for your those wishing to do a morning jogging session), and you have a nice place to be, just 10-15 minutes walking from the Royal Palace. A nice and recommended place.

jamie_uk's Profile Photo

Lovely Rooms and Interesting Area

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 14, 2007

Refreshing change from the chain hotels (Interconti, Hilton, Marriott).
Quite central, just off Calea Victoriei, 5 mins walk to the central areas.
The street is very quiet, opposite a college so there are lots of students around.
I had a very nice room decorated in a modern style, light wood, bare bricks etc, leather etc.
I think it was one of the larger rooms as it was a corner location, but I think the standard size is still quite generous. All mod-cons, very nice bathroom.

The lounge and bar were very quiet during my stay, I only ate breakfast which was an excellent buffet selection. There is free internet access in the lounge.
Staff were OK for Romania - i.e. they did not completely ignore me, but then again they weren't particularly friendly either.

I would definitely stay there again if I were to visit Bucharest.

Unique Quality: Huge rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows.
Very modern decor.
Intimate atmosphere.
Interesting, quiet location.

Directions: Next to Academia Romana

Nearby Le Boutique Hotel Moxa

Le Boutique Hotel Moxa

• Le Boutique Bucharest

Address: 4 Mihail Moxa St, Crossroads Calea Victoriei, Bucharest, 010962, Romania

1 Photo of Le Boutique Hotel Moxa

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Kitchenette
  • Bar / Lounge

Bucharest Travel Forum

Need advice about Bucharest, Romania? Visit the Travel Forum for Bucharest and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Bucharest hotel reviews

Japanese
Open spaces
Village Museum
Favorites
People's Palace (Parliament Palace)
Botanical Garden
Romanian Athenaeum
cycling
overview of city
Romulus and Remus statue
why not get to know us
Red Angus Steakhouse - a great experience
Restaurants
Where hard rock fans meet
Lupa Capitalina
Honest with its name
No suprises here...
Herastrau Park and Lake
Prince Mihai Monastery
University Square
Things to Do
Senate (Former Comunist Party Building)
Arcul de Triumf