Bucharest Hotels

Our Members Say

• Airpunk profile photo Airpunk
  • Reviews: 2227

Doubletree by Hilton Unirii Square: No, it's not at Unirii Square

First: The Hotel is not near Unirii Square but a 15-20 min. walk along Unirii Boulevard away (add more depending on the weight of your luggage). The Nerva Traian stop of tram lines 1,23 and 27 is close by, but though the latter two go to Unirii Square, the journey is not that much shorter as it doesn't use the direct way.

It's a chain hotel, so do not expect too many surprises here. The "welcome cookie" is a nice giveaway typical for this chain of hotels. Clean, standard rooms with coffee/tea making facilities, TV and free wifi. The choice of TV channels was pretty disappointing however. 24 channels and the only English language news channel was France24. No BBC, Aljazeera English or CNN.

The minibar is cheap for western prices, softdrinks for 7-8 lei, beer for 11-12 is far more expensive than at the supermarkt, but still looks nice if you calculate in Euros. The breakfast menu offers a good choice of warm and cold dishes, including cheese platters.

Personal note: Double Tree by Hilton is usually not within my price range - I only booked it as I had some airline miles which were about to expire. However, I was not disappointed and would recommend it to anyone which wants a good hotel close to the business class.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written September 16, 2013
Tip Photo

Doubletree by Hilton - "Unirii Square"

• Pod profile photo Pod
  • Reviews: 297

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel: A fantastic 4 star Hilton Hotel in Bucharest.

After booking in you get greated with a bag of warm chocolate chip cookie. Thats there thing.

Going for breakfast in the Avantgarde Restaurant with views of the city from the top floor was great. The bathroom was the best i've seen. A telephone next to the toilet. A bath and a shower. all the losions and kits you needed. iron and board. Loads of tv channels on the big flat screen tv with speakers in the bathroom. So many pillows. pens, paper. info packs.Like tony says... It was greeeeeeat.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Road Trip, Luxury Travel
  • Written August 4, 2013
Tip Photo

Double Tree by Hilton Bucharest room.

• dila profile photo dila
  • Reviews: 957

Bucharest Comfort Suites Hotel: big rooms

There are a few who have almost the same name it is close to the comfort relax suites.
I have a junior suite single use and pay 170 euros for 4 nights.
good: big rooms and big bath. beds are good but with bed end so maybe tall people will have a problem. Also good location. Airco.
not good: noise from outside it is near a traffic light so you can hear cars and motorbikes.
Also i didnot mind but some people can have a problem with there is a sexshop and a few nightclubs around the hotel and dont let your kids open the refridgerator as there are a package with 3 condoms inside but i guess you can ask if the staff can remove them.
also there is a small elevator/lift maybe 2 people with luggage fit inside i mostly used the stairs.
I had no breakfast so i didnot use it.
Staff was friendly and rooms very clean.
My room was not renovated yet.
Hotel is close to the metro stop Universidad also the hop on and of bus and the airport (783) bus are not far away. Stop at the hospital Spitalul Coltea.

• Written June 29, 2013

• codrutz profile photo codrutz
  • Reviews: 1450
Z Executive Boutique Hotel: Deluxe near old town

Standard, Superior and Deluxe with city view, all rooms are modern furnished and large. The hotel is very well located near the Old City Center and it has a panoramic rooftop where you can have breakfast and evening cocktails. Also this hotel has a massage room very well furnished.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Business Travel, Luxury Travel
  • Written April 8, 2013

• TravellerMel profile photo TravellerMel
  • Reviews: 724

Hotel Charter Otopeni Airport: Hotel Charter Otopeni Airport

It was our final night in Bucharest, and we had an early morning flight (we had to be at the airport by 4:30 am), so our tour company arranged for us to stay at the Hotel Charter Otopeni. The rooms were adequate - nicely sized, with air conditioning (sort of - during the night it froze up and you could hear the ice chips fall onto the wood floor), TV, free internet access, free breakfast starting at 3:30 am, and free transportation to the airport. The front desk staff were very friendly and spoke English.

Good water pressure in the shower and the bed was comfortable. So, although this hotel is not "luxurious", it was very comfortable and was perfect as an airport hotel.

• Related to: Business Travel
  • Written September 7, 2012

Hotel Charter Room 225

• BButterfly profile photo BButterfly

Hostel Byzanthin: Most friendly hostel personnel

I have arrived in Bucharest around 10 am in the morning and the young woman at the reception allowed me to check in even if their standard check in time is 14.00pm. I have never been to Bucharest as a tourist before, only for medical problems so I do not know the city very well, therefore the fact that the hostel is so near to the train station was wonderful. I haven't spend too much time in the room because for most of the time I was sight seeing, but I can tell you that the rooms are comfortable, very clean and don not have that look of cheap rooms. It is not very luxurious, but it is very well taken care of. The bathrooms are very clean, which is a very great deal in a hostel where part of the rooms have common bathroom. It seems kind of hidden when you come the first time, but after you figure it out it is ok.

It is a hostel, so there is not much you can ask, but it doesn't look cheap, that is I think the main quality to mention.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking, School Holidays
  • Written June 4, 2012

• The_Rhymer profile photo The_Rhymer

Byzanthin Hostel: A nice, cosy hostel with very friendly prices

Byzanthin Hostel is located on a charming villa side street behind Piata Victoriei. The villa where the hostel functions has two floors and various type of rooms: with double bed, multiple beds or matrimonial bed. The room on top has a large terrace with a beautiful view over the area. The courtyard of the hostel offers a peaceful spot to relax throughout the day. Prices are very friendly.

Clean, nice, tidy.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking, Study Abroad
  • Written June 2, 2012
Tip Photo

• kokoryko profile photo kokoryko
  • Reviews: 1779

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Relax Comfort Suites: Such a kind attention!

My colleagues at the Faculty of Geology of Bucharest meant it very convenient and practical to book this hotel for me, next to their workplace where I visited them for two days! And it was indeed: 50 m from the entrance of the Faculty, on a big avenue, at short walking distance from the historical centre, close to the National theatre and other important monuments.
But the “kind attention” illustrated with picture 1 is from the hotel management! I have experienced other hotels in other places where condoms were included in the amenities (and even once in far west China, the person with whom I could make good use of the condoms, just in case. . . ), but my thoughts when entering the room were very far from that and I was not at all expecting something like that here! Nothing “bad” here of course, finally, it is like soap, cotton buds for the ears or shampoo, and you may notice when you walk around that some hotel guests may get in a mood which could make them to need that, too.
Well, more seriously, the hotel is overall all right! Nice big clean rooms, a bit old fashioned with the heavy curtains, mini bar, internet connection, big bathroom. . . . more than enough for me!
The staff at the reception desk is nice, competent and helpful; a bit weird is the guy, like a watchdog who guides you up the stair to the reception and shows where you can find the breakfast room. . .
But not enough was the breakfast, very poor, even lousy: old bread, croissant baked probably two days earlier, had to pay separately for a second cup of bad coffee, very small fruit platter. . . , no, the breakfast was no good, and if I add that I had to walk through kilometres of corridors and step down in a dark staircase to reach the eating room, I would almost say forget about the breakfast and look outside for a café where you could take your breakfast.
Summary: OK for one night but not for a longer stay!

Conveniently, centrally located

• Related to: Business Travel
  • Written April 8, 2011

Everything you need :-)

• Jamiji profile photo Jamiji

Lux Apartments: Great Apartment Rental in Bucharest

I've stayed with Lux Apartments three times now and each time the experience improves. As a result I'm actually starting to like Bucharest! Really it wasn't my favorite place to go, it's famously bland, but I have to for business once or twice a year. Having a luxury apartment with internet, kitchen, satellite, maid, my own landline phone, a balcony, makes a HUGE difference. Honestly, why someone would stay in a hotel for 100 euro or more, I don't understand. This place costs half that and it's like you're at home.

Tons of space, really nice bathroom, dependable internet, nice balcony, really great location. The kitchen is well equipped, nice flat screen tv. Way more luxury than a "luxury" hotel.

• Related to: Arts and Culture, Business Travel, Luxury Travel
  • Written February 18, 2011

Bedroom

• Golambers profile photo Golambers
  • Reviews: 6

Happy Hostel: Happy Hostel

I stayed here before going back to Amsterdam. It's easy to reach, although the information on hostelbookers was wrong about the location in the map. Luckily, I managed to find it after some searching. The owner is really friendly, the rooms are very spacious and it's a quiet neighbourhood (apart from some neighbouring dogs). Prices are very reasonable. I loved the white cat, sleeping on my lap ^_^

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written February 14, 2010

• kris777 profile photo kris777
  • Reviews: 2

Hotelul meu: Sweden's Best Campground

It was so nice! It was so nice! It was so nice! It was so nice! It was so nice! It was so nice! It was so nice! It was so nice! It was so nice! It was so nice! It was so nice! It was so nice! It was so nice! It was so nice! It was so nice! It was so nice! It was so nice! It was so nice! It was so nice! It was so nice! It was so nice! It was so nice! It was so nice! It was so nice! It was so nice! It was so nice! It was so nice! It was so nice!

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Beer Tasting, Zoo, Study Abroad
  • Written November 13, 2009

• Vanity666 profile photo Vanity666
  • Reviews: 609

Friends Hostel: Friendly hostel

We stayed there for four nights, and felt like home. There was always hot water in bathroom, coffee in kitchen, and a friendly staff. Also, when we make our check-out, they let us leave our stuff and stay in hostel until we go to train station.

Close to the Train station (7 minutes walk), easy to find. Friendly staff, clean rooms. Only complaint could be small lockers in rooms, but I had only one rucksack so I had enough room to put my stuff there. Though my girlfriend had larger suitcase (and I told her before to take smaller bag, but noooo) and was complaining a bit so I let her put some stuff in my locker.

Price was 11Euro per night per person in rooms with 6 and 8 beds. Free internet access.

• Written September 17, 2009
Tip Photo

• illumina profile photo illumina
  • Reviews: 1066

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Accommodation Cazare: An interesting stay!

We only stopped for one night in Bucharest, but it was an interesting one! We walked from the train station to the guesthouse, which is easy enough, and found it in a slightly ramshackle building with a couple of ruins right across the street! The woman on reception didn't speak a word of English, but was so friendly that it didn't matter - although she seemed confused and slightly amazed that we'd booked on the internet! The room was fairly basic, but it had a bed and even a TV, what more do we need! We even got to watch some films in English! The bathrooms were also basic, but clean.

The location is good - very close to the heart of the city - and it's a lot like staying in a family home; walking through the kitchen with food on the stove and laundry being done! It made us laugh a lot!

We paid 15euros per person per night.

The whole place is totally unique!

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking, Adventure Travel
  • Written September 5, 2009

• gvalentinionut profile photo gvalentinionut

Bestflat

Hay, my name is valentin and since I’m a Bucharest citizen I can give you some tips about what you can do in Bucharest
1 you need like 2 or 3 days to see and explore the Bucharest with the museums and also the surroundings like Mogosoaia Palace, and Snagov with the Dracula’s tomb
2 I suggest you to take a tour drive for seeing Transylvania with Dracula's castle(Bran), the Royal Peels Castle and the Gothic Black church\

3 since you want to stay 10-12 days I suggest you also to take a day trip to Bulgaria because she has some nice places like Veliko Tarnova that is also the old capital of Bulgaria

If I have made some grammar mistakes please excuse me
For more tips contact me at gvalentinionut@yahoo.com
You can set this trip at the lowest cost possible, depending of your demands

This is a single flat with a king size bed and it has everything you need inside and if something is missing you can ask the owner for it
The advantage is that the flat it's in the center and you have the Public transport at 30 meters
The price is 30 E/day wow cheap!!!
They can set also private tours at the lowest price

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written February 19, 2009

• nicemarmot profile photo nicemarmot

Lux Apartments: Bucharest Apartment Rentals

I booked an apartment via a website I found when looking for Bucharest apartment rentals

I chose what looked like a gorgeous place in the City Centre (Unirii 1) and I have to say, the photos weren't that much different from the actual apartment itself. Which is always a pleasant surprise.

The decor was a little Ikea'ish, but I love that so I was in soft furnishings heaven, and there were huge windows. There was a tv with lots of channels, but I didn't spend much time in front of it, and there was a phone with free local calls, laundry service, but again, I didn't use it as I was only staying for 3 nights, so it seemed a bit excessive. There's a cincierge etc. so you still get the feeling of being in a hotel...

And the kitchen was actually nicer than the one I had at home.. although again, I ate out a fair bit.

I think for my short stay I really wanted luxury and pampering, and the whole ambiance of the building and interior design definitely gave me that. I had no problems with the services that I did use and would recommend using these guys for any of their other apartments too if this stay was anything to go by. It was comfortable and easy access to everywhere... I just thoroughly enjoyed my stay there.

Ridiculously central and very close to the subway. Location Location Location!!

• Related to: Arts and Culture, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Business Travel