11 Smardan St, Sector 3, Bucharest, 030071, Romania

Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

Costs 32% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Service and Value

New to the capital, Hotel Rembrant is the finest example of a restored building transformed into a hotel that this city has to offer. Reasonably priced rooms, a great small bistro, and sexy manager. You would almost think I worked here ;-)

Unique Quality: Amazing view from the top floor
    Great Value
    Close to center
    In Historic Bucharest area - Lipscani

Directions: In Lipscani area near National Bank
    A few doors down from the crappy "Greggoryýs Coffee"

More about Rembrandt Hotel

Fine - but traffic noise spoils it

by TripAdvisor Member Export_Sales_Manager

Superb room ( business ), nice location, friendly staff etc. All fine.
But my room looked out to the front over the street and I found the traffic noise too disturbing.
If you are not bothered about it, then the rest is highly recommendable.

Bucharest Gem

by TripAdvisor Member cruisydoodle

We selected this hotel for a business trip and were absolutely delighted with our choice.
Fantastic building located on a quiet street. Reception staff were very helpful and friendly. On our early departure, we were given a cup of tea in reception.
Tourist rooms are spacious and well appointed, with good quality bedding and furniture. Room 71 has its own balcony.
Breakfast in the mezzanine cafe is superb .. fresh fruit salad, bread & pastries and lavazza coffee.
Great meal in the Cafe Amsterdam Indonesian restaurant Bojo.

Spiders in the rooms

by TripAdvisor Member tornado78

This hotel advertises itself as the only boutique hotel in Bucharest. It certainly is not, this is budget 3 star and nothing more. I was very dissapointed by the bland decor and entrance.

The rooms have wooden floors and the bathrooms white tiles. My room was on the 7th floor with a lift only to the 6th floor. I had to carry my bags up a steep winding staircase, there was no offer from staff to help.

Within minutes of getting settled in I was killing a spider hanging from the wall. This is due to the wooden beams in all the ceilings that allow insects to hide.

The bathroom is designed without any thought. The shower head in the bath is on the wrong side, since all baths have a curve on one side you have to lean your body backwards to reach the water flow...this is hard explain...but very dangerous. The bathrooms amenities are sparce. Soap and shampoo. There are no hairdryers in the rooms.

The location is in a residential area that is up and coming. I do not recommend this hotel for those looking for a budget place or business room as the prices are the same as 5 star hotels in the area. Also remember that there is no room service except for drinks. (The Novotel is close by and prices are the same with far better amenities and striking exterior).

The one good point is that there is free internet available via a wire.

Best of the Best in Bucharest!

by TripAdvisor Member Fullcircle444

A most exceptional boutique hotel in a great location within Lipscomb district. It really is quiet unless perhaps you opt for the mildly larger business rooms facing the street due to the local street noise during the day (banking/business district). Very, very quiet after 5:00 pm i.e. no traffic at all!

Nice typical Romanian breakfast although simple i.e. no hot food! Bar is always open and pleasurable to overlook the foot traffic below.

All amenities, very clean and nicely decorated! (business rooms view not worth the extra price and the regular rooms are very spacious)Free DVD movies for room at front desk (large selection).

Biggest asset by far! Cordiality and service of staff !!!!!!! Will meet every request ASAP! Never had such attendance in ANY hotel, EVER! Young, educated, polite and open to social friendship/discussions if desired, otherwise discreet and professional.

Biggest drawback...... matrimonal/king beds are split double mattresses and thus easily separate with little movement i.e. if you want to "get close" with your partner, expect to either fight the ever present "crevass that develops" or be extremely close on one side of the bed or other.

Several nice lounges, open street-side bars & pleasant restaurants within a hundred yards of this truly "reviving" historic district.

Great service

by TripAdvisor Member jwmrtd

We stayed here for 3 nights during a weekend in September; the first night we had a business suite, which was great! The hotel also arranged at the last minute for us to be picked up by a taxi at the airport. The next night we stayed in a standard room, which was smaller and did not have a good view of the Bank of Romania, but was still very nice. The last night we had a different room, but still no complaints from us. The reason for changing our rooms 3 times was simple; we booked a more expensive room for the weekend rate, and wanted to stay in a room with twin bed the other 2 nights. When we made the reservations, we were already advised that that would not be possible for the last night, but we took the chance anyway! During our stay we had quite a few problems, but each time the staff were helping us out greatly. Papers we lost in the breakfast room/Cafe Klein were fetched for us; a suitcase to which the key was stolen during a daytrip away was opened for us, etc. The staff really made us feel most welcome!

Great hotel - highly recommended

by TripAdvisor Member weary-travels

Stayed here for a long weekend just before christmas. Good location with nicely furnished clean rooms. What makes this place stand out is the flexible service, which is relatively rare in Eastern Europe. The hotel was happy to serve breakfast at whatever we time wanted; they asked us in the evening when we would be planning to eat - they had no problems with 1pm. Very unexpected in a small hotel.

Just great!

by TripAdvisor Member alex.stgermain

I think this was the best hotel I've stayed in Bucharest, and that's because I didn't get the standard corporate atmosphere of big chains where you feel like sleeping in an office :) From what I understood, every room is decorated differently, when I'll come back to Bucharest I'll try to get another room just for the variation.

Truly a wonderful hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Sarahon93rd

My husband and I traveled from the north of Romania (Moldavita) down to Bucharest over the course of ten days. The last leg of our trip from Brasov to Bucharest was a long, slow, ride and by the time we got to Bucharest we were quite tired! What a wonderful surprise to walk into such a special hotel. The gentleman at the front desk was a tremendous help; within our first 20mins. there he had arranged the pick-up of our rental car, arranged a taxi pick-up for the next morning for our trip to the airport., suggested a place for us to have dinner (which was excellent!) and made the dinner reservations for us..and settled us down with a complimentary drink in their lovely lounge upstairs. We were also leaving the hotel very early the next day 4:30 am (the gentleman at the front desk put out cereal, yogurt and fruit for us in the dining room and made us fresh coffee and toast, we greatly appreciated it! )Our room was spacious, clean and serene. The bathroom was lovely and also quite spacious. My only regret is that we only stayed one night. It really is a wonderful hotel and I would highly recommend it to anyone traveling to Bucharest.

Comments