South Ural Hotel

agepiroshiki's Profile Photo

Not recommended to foreigners

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 21, 2011

I stayed in a single room in July 2011. The price per night was 2280 rubles including poor breakfast. My room was not very comfortable but renovated one, which was several hundred walk from the lobby.

I reserved through the hotel's website, but when I arrived, the reception told me that there was no reservation and that I might reserve a room of Malakhit congress hotel, which is an upper grade hotel of the same group, though I received a confirmation e-mail from the Yuzhny Ural (South Ural) hotel.

It seemed that the hotel does not engage a registration of foreigners. When I asked to have a registration card in check-out, I was told that Malakhit hotel registered me and that it would be delivered later. But I did not have time to stay there, so I was made walk to Malakhit for 15 minutes to receive it.

In short, Yuzhny Ural hotel is still old Soviet style hotel. Staffs of Malakhit hotel could speak English, so it could be better for foreigners.

Positive:
- Free wi-fi
- Situated in the very center of the city

Negative:
- Staffs do not speak English
- Unfamiliar with foreigners
- Renovated room long walk away from the lobby

Unique Quality: The hotel's building is horizontally long. It has long long corridors.

Chelyabinsk Travel Forum

Need advice about Chelyabinsk, Russia? Visit the Travel Forum for Chelyabinsk and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Chelyabinsk hotel reviews