Arbat Hotel Moscow

Priceline.com Booking.com AMOMA.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• xxgirasolexx's Profile Photo

Hang out on Arbat!

The hotel itself is very clean and in a good, safe location. There was hot water, so that is always a plus. The staff were a little bit grumpy, but helpful, so I'm not complaining. There are already too many fake, smiling, happy people in the world. A few grumpy ones help to keep it balanced...

Unique Quality: The room I stayed in had a great view of the street and.... there were incredibly large windows which I liked a lot considering it started raining outside... I don't know what happened, but the room I reserved was supposed to have two beds, so at the last minute they had to switch some stuff around and I ended up in a room with like a little living room area too... Pretty nice...

• Majaran's Profile Photo

A Good Hotel

It's a good hotel, nothing fancy, but the location is great, right next to Old Arbat Street.

A little pricey for the rooms. You ca get a better deal if you book through a consolidator such as www.allrussianhotels.com

Directions: Right next to Old Arbat Street - near the Hard Rock Cafe.

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Good location, not too much money

We stayed at the Arbat Hotel for 3 nights in Aug 2003. The room was quite spacious, the beds reasonably comfortable, nice hot showers, a small refrigerator. Bring your own hair dryer if you need it.

I really liked the location, the hotel was 2 blocks from Arbat Street and one of the excellent inexpensive Moo Moo restaurants and within walking distance of another reasonable restaurant, Elki Palki. It was less than a 10 minute walk from a metro station.

Unlike the other hotel we stayed at on this trip, there were no prostitutes or casinos in the lobby, in fact the atmosphere was rather quiet. This must have been a former Soviet diplomat hotel, the rooms were unusually large and the corridors and common areas were huge.

The breakfast buffet was ample and included pastries, cereal, made to order omelets, bacon, juice, bread, meat and cheese.

More about Arbat Hotel Moscow

Moscow, how you've changed!

by Dabs

My first visit to Moscow was in 1989 on my honeymoon. My usually clever husband to be thought it would be difficult to get into the Soviet Union thereby delaying the impending nuptials. Imagine his surprise when the travel agent said "No problem, when do you want to go?" So we signed up for a General Tour package, staying at the not so centrally located Cosmos Hotel, and toured with a group of senior citizens, many of which wanted to nap in the afternoon. Being young and fearless, we exchanged money on the black market, traded old concert tshirts for Communist flags (still with fresh bird poop!) and nested dolls, wandered the streets and didn't hesitate to use the public transportation.

My second visit was in late August/early September 2003. Once again we signed up for a tour, this time with Gate 1, more due to lack of time to plan on my part than not thinking we could successfully travel on our own. And once again we are stayed at the not so centrally located Cosmos Hotel although we stayed at the Arbat Hotel for three days before the tour officially started. After a frustrating first couple of days with the group, we started wandering off more and more frequently on our own, the tour members were frequently late and one even got lost in Red Square for an hour, seriously delaying our trip.

All I can say is WOW, what a difference. My memories from our first trip include

Eating ice cream from a street vendor because we missed dinner at the hotel. Now there are good restaurants everywhere with English menus

Trading old concert tshirts for souvenirs. Now there are entire souvenir markets

Watching women fighting over plain white cotton blouses at GUM. Now GUM is home to many designer stores

Trading money on the black market, now ATM machines dispense both rubles and US currency

Accommodation Required in Moscow

by NORTALF

I plan to be in Moscow between 26th and 30th Dec 2003 on vacation with my brother.
Can anybody please recommend a good hotel downtown at an affordable price?
I'm also told this is a good time for Troika ruding, does anybody have any information they could give me about opportunities and costs etc?

Thanks

Re: Accommodation Required in Moscow

by Dabs

Moscow hotels are expensive so I'm not sure what is "affordable". We paid $116 per night through www.allrussianhotels.com, it'll be a little lower for December I imagine.

We just stayed at the Arbat Hotel in Moscow and really liked it. It had very spacious rooms, hot showers, a great location a couple of blocks away from Arbat Street, less than 10 minute walk to the metro. Breakfast is included and it was the best breakfast we had out of the four hotels we stayed at in Russia.

by Pablos_new

Arbat hotel is really very expensive as many in a center. Anything outside Garden Ring will be twice as cheaper.

I had an experience of paying $116 in NY for nothing looking like this - single room w/o breakfest with minimal comfort, and window towards garbage cans, just because it was 100m from Time Square. ;-))

by rogan

The Izmailovsky Hotel at Izmailovsky Park metro is cheap and convenient.

It's also great for the huge tourist market and clothes market which is just 100m away from the hotel.

by rogan

Just found another link that might be useful.

Comments