Hotel Milan Moscow

Shipilovskaya Street 28 A, corner of Kashirskoe Shosse, Moscow, Central Russia, 115446, Russia

Milan Hotel
Expedia.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 47% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Location and Amenities

Location. Southern district of Moscow, 40 min far from Red Square via underground called “Metro”. That rapid system seems to be the best way for moving in Moscow. For my 4 days staying I used taxi service only 2 times. Price. I can’t say that it much less than European. But you know Moscow rates. The best way to keep money is staying in hotel located in area between Sadovoye koltso and MKAD. You can find hotels with best ratio there. 200-300 US dollars per night is a good reasonable hotel price for Moscow. So I think Milan is one of the best places for this reason. Amenities. Room of standard size with comfortable bed, fridge and all other things you need in hotel. Actually, rooms located on high levels of building so you can enjoy that beautiful city view especially at night. There are 3 restaurants in hotel but I can say anything because of visiting places in Moscow center.

Directions: Southern district of Moscow, 40 min far from Red Square via underground called “Metro”.

• KochFirst's Profile Photo

Hotel “Milan”

My trip to Moscow began with long ride from airport Domodedovo to Hotel “Milan”. I need about 1 hour for that way. In spite of the fact I was someway annoying all of hotel staff was extremely kind and gave me precise information about hotel, its amenities and restaurants. By the way, there are Finnish sauna and small gym in hotel. After good rest in the room I had no my annoyance. My entire impression I can describe as positive maybe according to huge hotel hall spaces often with day light. Also windows view in my room was extremely beautiful! So now I have only good thoughts about Russia and Moscow.

• Jakob2013's Profile Photo

Moscow, Moscow, Moscow

It was my first time trip to Moscow. Now I really like it because of good kindly service and wide range of services. As I heard from my friends before Moscow is very complicated in mean of transportation, but now I can’t agree with it. 40 min from airport, 40 min to get to any place in city center using underground is quite good for so huge megapolis such as Moscow is. For all I strongly recommend to use underground because timing with using taxi is of NO any prediction! You can stay in traffic jam for 1 hour! It’s my recommendation for all travellers who don’t know transport situation in Moscow. Some words about prices. The cost for 1 night in Moscow can be up to $250 and it’s seems to be really LIMITLESS. So I consider Milan as a place with the best price quality ratio.

• Jung2013's Profile Photo

Very enjoyable stay

First, some words about location. There hotel’s shuttles with the rout “airport Domodedovo-hotel”. But it was very difficult to me to find it. Moreover, shuttle schedule is seems to be not very convenient so very rare. As you know enough about Moscow road situation the best way to get to city from airport is special train called “aeroexpress”. In case you use it you can get directly to Moscow center (Paveletskaya) within 40 minutes. But Milan is located in more southen direction, so you need plus 30 min using underground. Alternatively, you’d use taxi with cost of 3000 rubles and 40-60 min timing. I recommend to all who come to Moscow first time the second alternative, so you don’t worry about any routs, finding underground stations and so on. As for hotel itself I find really 4 stars category with clean room, wonderful views from windows and affable staff.

• Ant75's Profile Photo

not bad

I stayed in this hotel in Moscow for 2 nights. It’s very difficult to say that my room was of best choice but I think it all about 4 stars. Before my flight I’ve got information about free hotel shuttle with nice rout “airport-hotel”. But for my regret I couldn’t find it. So getting to the hotel was really expensive for me. Actually cost of that was about 2000 rubles! In my room I have all ordinary hotels’ things and it was well furnished. The only one thing I can emphasis – amazing, wonderful views from room windows and elevator. You can see really good panorama of Moscow that way.
    Note please that location in terms of shopping and restaurants is very, very good! You have several shopping centers within not more than 10 min walking!
    So with all positive and negative impressions Milan is a hotel of average category.

• very nice and clean hotel

I have some free days in Moscow within my trip to Vladivostok. So I have spare time to get some new experience on Russia capital. My choice of hotel was extremely based on its distance from airport. Also I like high quality of services and room. Now I can say that all of my expectations were justified. It’s very nice and clean hotel. Room was of “comfort” class. No problems with restaurants, staff and all other things you need in hotel. I would recommend it to all my friends who are intended to have trip to Moscow.

Directions: South district of Moscow, about 30 min from city center.

• Modern hotel in Moscow

Modern hotel in Moscow. I think that some reconstruction of building was done recently. So it very good clean place with kind staff. Think about its location because there is quite long distance from city center. My room was on 20 level so view of Moscow was so adorable! Also room has enough space: it looks like 2 small rooms in guest house. I like Moscow and my kind regards to all working in hotel.

• Good

I have really good trip to Moscow in March 2013. Staying in Hotel Milan was almost fine, except maybe it’s location. Everybody should understand the long distances in Moscow well to have enough time for business. Every day I needed about 1,5 hours for getting from Hotel to Moscow city center. Keep it in your mind! In spite of that Hotel is normal, beautiful place with well-equipped rooms and kind personnel. I like it’s restaurants: small lobby called “Piano Bar” and Visconti – lounge on 2d floor. As Moscow very expensive Russian City you’ll find a really appropriate pricing in Milan. So have a nice trip to Moscow!

Unique Quality: A very, very good views from room and even elevators!

Directions: Not far from airport "Domodedovo" but you need 1,5 hours to get Moscow center.

• Hotel Milan in Moscow

Some words about Milan Hotel in Moscow. For my point of view good feature of this place is open and light space: after entering hotel you can see big hall with café-lobby. I don’t like small and cramped entrances. My room was of «Comfort» class on 20th floor, so view of Moscow was almost good but without Red Square – it’s very long distance from center! For getting to city center you need 1.5 hours! Be aware of it. For me that wasn’t crucial thing but I had to spend a lot of time for every “Hotel-center” ride. In case you have enough money to stay in city center (Moscow is very, very expensive!) you can choose another place.

Unique Quality: There is a good, well equipped fitness room in hotel. It's not a very large gym but If you like sport you really enjoy this amenity.

Directions: South district of Moscow with good transportation via underground (Domodedovskaya station) or high-way named "Kashirskoye shosse".

• ElizavetaE's Profile Photo

Good choice for Business Travel

We were in a hotel "Milan" one mouth ago and i want to thank crew of "Milan" for our amazing holidays in Moscow. Stuff is really hospitable and friendly. Location is also pretty good - not far from Domodedovo international airport(for Moscow it is a super important quality because of great traffic jams) and city center is twenty minutes by metro(don't forget that Moscow one of the biggest mega-polices in the world). I'm sure that if you need something you can find it there: hotel's territory have hairdressing, couple of restaurants and etc. Really nice rooms, cozy beds, there is a lot of space)
    On the whole this is good choice for Moscow visitors)

• yucky hotel outside the city center

Don't under any circumstances stay at this hotel. First of all, it lacks basic service. The staff have no idea about hospitality. The location is horrible, it's the city outskirts, it's a very unsafe area, it's very noisy and crowded. The hotel is tasteless. And for the price they charge you could find a better hotel closer to the center.

Unique Quality: This hotel has got none!!!

Directions: market stalls all over, noisy and unsafe area in the suburbs

More about Moscow

New Year 2002, Le ClubNew Year 2002, Le Club

Stoleshnikov PereulokStoleshnikov Pereulok

Russian pop music CDRussian pop music CD

Mosgortrans tram #1Mosgortrans tram #1

Trains from Moscow to St Petersburg

by Dulebg

Dear friends,

I would appreciate your help very much.

We are planing to go to St Pete from Moscow with overnight train.
Can you guys tell me how much is round trip ticket Moscow - St. Petersburg - Moscow? Both directions would be overnight?

Can you suggest me the website where I can make a booking?

I found Aeroflot round trip flight is 55 EUR and I don't believe train can be much cheaper.

Thanks a lot everyone!!

Cheers,
Dusan

by GyuriFT

Basically free of charge - if you already have the ticket to Moscow. You pay the sleeper reservation only. The reservation for the daytime trains extra to the ticket costs more.

There are also some interesting alternatives (also free!) to use the train to Yaroslavl, that from Yaroslavl to Vologda, than from Vologda to St. Pete.

That is free, too - only add the reservations.

It's a special treat if someone has incoming train ticket to Moscow from Bulgaria, Serbia, Montenegro and Slovakia. Most convenient is from Slovakia, even if one lives in BG like you do.

Example: BG->BP-BG is 26 Euro, BP-Sturovo-BP is 6 Euro. Sturovo-Bratislava-Moscow-St.Pete-Moscow-Bratislava-Sturovo is 86 Euro for first person, 43 Euro for second, third, fourth, fifth person.

Add 24 Euro sleeper each way from BR to Moscow and different sleeper surcharges to St. Pete, depending on the route.

by votm11

Here you can find info for St Petersburg.
Enjoy your stay.

by Sunny_cat

It can be. Ordinary train 3rd class (couchette) is from 800 RUR (20 EUR). + economy in ticket (taxi tariff) to the airport.
And try budget avia, if you want to fly:
avianova.ru

by Dulebg

thank you guys once again, wonderful tips

by Morozov

Hi Dusan!
Do you speak Russian? If yes – look through Russian railways site. http://rzd.ru/
There are real costs of tickets (for information). Unfortunately foreign bank any cards are not accepted for booking in advance by Internet on this site.
Look through same info in English, maybe it be useful for you.
After arriving to Moscow you can bay tickets in advance in RZD branch in Moscow (5, Komsomolskaya Sq.(and metro station – near Leningradskiy railway station) – MRPA (RZD) branch) , (+7495) 266-93-33 monday – friday: 8:00–20:00, saturday: 8:00–19:00, sunday: 8:00–18:00.
I prefer to use Sapsan for trip to Piter but it’s expensive but too quick (4 hours)! There are different fares on theirs trains, for example: morning Sunday train is more cheaper that evening Friday train.

Good luck.
Oleg

Travel Tips for Moscow

Moscow Streets at Night

by Pablos_new

Moscow streets are very bright` and colourful at night. I was in many big cities of the world, but the Moscow is the most save to walk at night and very picturesque. On the photo: str. Karetny Ryad and building of MUR (Moscow Criminal Police), LOL: possibly the most save place to walk around ;-)))

Ok! If you're in Moscow...

by mulivieri

Ok! If you're in Moscow certainly you must see the Cremlin, The Lenin Mausoleum and all the Red Square sites. In the photo you can see the Troickaja Tower (is a bit dark); the Cremlin enter door. The best Moscow place for me is the Cremlin, so I edit a travelogue about it: click the link above or refer to my Cremlin travelogue page for more info.

Miscellaneous

by Sylva

And some more pictures from Moscow

1.-3. The Red square
4. Still life: "Tualet"- Toilet (I thought for a second she had forgotten to close the door...)
5. Culture - for classical music you do not have to go to a theatre there are musicians playing quite well on the streets or in the subway. I was very impressed by the quality.

Metro station "Kropotkinskaya"

by kris-t

Station "Kropotkinskaya" was open also in 1935. The top part of marble columns is decorated with capitals, in which lighting appliance, invisible from below, are built. Due to such arrangement of lamps soft and uniform illumination of all the hall is created.

Baltika - the language of Russian drinking

by gussymons

Baltika beer is the best brand in Russia. Brewed in St.Petersburg, I believe, it is known pretty much everywhere. The beauty of Baltika, apart from the competitive pricing, is the variety of Baltika beers available.

They range from Baltika 1 (mild, almost non-alcoholic), to Baltika 9 which I think they use as fuel for the Sputnik missions. Baltika 3 (the blue tab) is the poison of choice. Many a good evening in Moscow started with a humble Baltika 3 in hand walking down the escalators in the Metro on the way to Kitai Gorod.

Comments