Maxima Irbis

Gostinichnaya 4/9, (formerly Irbis Hotel), Moscow, Central Russia, 127106, Russia

Maxima Irbis Hotel
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction Average

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 54% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo

Maxima Irbis Hotel

In October 2009 I stayed 3 nights in the Maxima Irbis Hotel. With two friends of mine I shared a so called studio with a double bed and an extra bed.

Our room was very spacious and even included a flat TV, two armchairs and a settee; the latter one was used as a comfy extra bed.

The buffet style breakfast consisted of a bit of everything from warm dishes and a variety of breads to cereals and fruits.

We got a relatively good deal through http://www.booking.com/, where we booked the studio for the three of us for about 115 Euro per night.

Directions:
    The Maxima Irbis Hotel is located about 20 minutes by metro north of the city centre. The nearest metro stop is "Vladykino" on the grey line. When coming from the city centre you should leave the metro stop at the end of the train in the direction of the Riga cinema. The hotel can be found in a quiet residential area, about 5 to 10 minutes on foot from the metro stop.

Address: Maxima Irbis Hotel, Gostinichnaya ul. 1, Moscow

Website: http://www.maximahotels.com/

• moomee's Profile Photo

Hotel Irbis

The hotel was exactly what I wanted and would expect from a budget 3 star hotel. I was a bit worried because the only reviews I had read about it on the internet were not exactly glowing. I arrived in the area by Metro and it was rather difficult to find the hotel and the walk from the Metro to the hotel is a bit sketchy after dark but I soon realised that there was nothing to worry about. I would recommend going by taxi the first time though if you are alone. It takes about 15 min on the Metro from the centre on the grey line and then another 5-10 min walk from the station.
    The rooms are fine and the beds very comfortable. All rooms come with a TV, minibar, plenty of storage space and a decent shower room. The hotel has a bar that is open 24hrs and all the staff are very friendly. The breakfast in the morning wasn't the best but it was ok, they had hot food including eggs, sausages, vegetables, porridge. Cold food like fruit, muesli and yogurt.
    All in all I was very satisfied with my stay. The hotel is not in the centre but I wasn't expecting it to be like some people seem to think, but you get what you pay for and the Metro ride into the centre is both fun and easy.

Directions: From Petrovsko-Rasumovskaya Metro station turn right, keep to the right past the bus sation until you see a small alley on your right. Walk down here, walk over the railway and on until you come to a main road where you will see a big sign for the hotel.

More about Maxima Irbis

In Your Pocket Guide - Moscow

by HORSCHECK

I must admit that I am a huge fan of the "In Your Pocket" guides.

They are usually an excellent resource for information about travels to Eastern and Central European cities.

So I was more than happy to pick up the latest edition of "In Your Pocket - Moscow" for free at the Hotel Maxima Irbis where I stayed for a few days in October 2009.

The guide not only provides helpful basics, but also many off the beaten path tips and background information, which I didn't find in any other guides. Apart from that the restaurant reviews are usually entertaining to read and sometimes even helpful.

The "In Your Pocket" guides can also be downloaded free of charge from their website.

Website: http://www.inyourpocket.com/

Hostels/Hotels

by Dulebg

Hi guys, I just forgot to ask you this.

We are looking for cheap but reasonably descent accommodation.
Bedroom with two separate beds or one queen size, it doesn't matter as long as we have our own bathroom in the room.

Any suggestions for places would be highly appreciated.

Take care :-)

by Sunny_cat

www.booking.com

by HORSCHECK

Hello,

We once got a very good deal through www.booking.com for this hotel:

Maxima Irbis Hotel, Gostinichnaya ul. 1, Moscow

Website: http://www.maximahotels.com/

You find a review on my Moscow page under accomdation tips.

I hope this helps,

HORSCHECK

by Dulebg

Thank you very much guys! :-)

Comments