Amulet Hotel

Malaya Morskaya str., 7/5, St. Petersburg, 191186, Russia
Amulet Hotel on Morskaya
Booking.com Expedia.com Priceline.com

More about Saint Petersburg

Canal riverboat tripCanal riverboat trip

1880 2 man sub1880 2 man sub

Church of Spilt Blood, St. PetersburgChurch of Spilt Blood, St. Petersburg

Midnight on Moika Canal during the White NightsMidnight on Moika Canal during the White Nights

Cruise Onshore Excursions

by ACHOI

We are a group of 15+ people exploring the option of taking a private tour of our own instead of going for the one arranged by the cruiseship.
Someone suggests the following tour companies: Alla tours, Anastasia company and DenRus.

Can someone share their experience with us about these companies ? Which one would you recommend ?

Anything to look out for when booking such a tour ? Thanks.

by Dabs

Try looking at the boards over on cruisecritic.com, I found a good recommendation for our trip several years ago from that website.

Make sure you understand if you need a visa or not, at the time we did it, we had to get our own because we did one day independent of any type of tour but other people we talked to said you had to have one if you strayed from the cruise offered tours but only with certain operators. Whomever you contract through should be able to answer that question for you.

by wise23girl

We had a really good guide with Star Travel in St P

Office (812) 2333 3738 Out of hours 911 146 1269 These were the numbers in St P.Russia

But I would take the advice of other VT answer as we were there for a few days and had a visa. The visa took some time to arrange in Australia...quicker with more money.We had to be "invited"
Sometimes shore excursions with the ship do not require a visa (in some countries) as you take your ship pass. I do not know about Russia. But be careful

There were very long queues at some attractions and our guide managed to bypass the line up. So check that out or you will not see much .

Pushkin is a 25km drive .We had a 5 hour tour there. Saw Catherines Palace
and and garden

Much of the sightseeing we were offered was related to monuments, buildings,palaces.art,museums

Marg

by Dabs

I'm not sure if Palladium is good or not but I do sense that they are advertising their services.

by DavidAnkomah

Hi, I would like to know how large your group is, and when are you planning to travel to Saint-Petersburg. I have some contacts with people who can help with your tour, so if you are still interested, send me a message. Just in case, my ICQ number is 496491715.

by Izabellaspb

Hello!!
I actually will be glad to help you, as I am a guide ( by the way working on cruise as well)
Please contact me, isabel-spb@yandex.ru

Travel Tips for Saint Petersburg

Registration in Russia

by Russophile

We were told that we need to register with the Russian authorities within X number of days of arriving. I think it was either 2 or 3 days. We first went to St. P and then on to Moscow so we would have to register in St. P. We checked with the Swedish consulate and the American Consulate in St.P and got conflicting answers. A Russian girl at the Swedish consulate said not to worry about it and not do it while the American embassy said to do it. We walked to the American embassy in St. P and left our passports and other information there and they helped us register that same day. I do not know the rules but be aware of this potential issue. We were told that sometimes there are problems leaving the country if you have not registered.

Be aware of the poverty. ...

by tiganeasca

Be aware of the poverty. Russia is a country of immense contrasts. Let me make very clear: I am not praising or condemning. I am just saying that I found it quite difficult at times to walk by dozens of women (I rarely saw men doing this; they seemed to use other methods) selling trinkets, a few vegetables, or some other tiny assortment of things that look as if they were slowly selling off their family history and households. They are both old and young and often stand all day, in freezing weather, in front of a decrepit crate, trying to sell what little they can to earn a few extra rubles. It is heart-breaking. There are, to be sure, 'better-off' vendors as well. But these women and this poverty tore at my gut.

Petropavlovskaya Fortress, Flag Bastion Guns

by bugulma

Every day in 12.00 the two signal guns fire from the Flag Bastion of the fortress. I saw many tourists waited it in the inner yard of the fortress. I was outside by chance in front of the bastion, near of the river. I can say it was funny when people fired above me (very loud) and then the fire sound was reflected 2-3 seconds later from the buildings of Dvorzovaya Embankment. So I was under 2 gun fires.

Petrovsky Stadium- Zenit Soccer

by sennaya

The Petrovsky Stadium is host to the Zenit Soccer, the famous futbol team from St. Petersburg.
The Stadium became well-known after hosting Goodwill Games in 1994.

The stadium is scheduled to be leaved by team later in 2006.
The team is planning to move to a new remodeled Kirov Stadium in 2009. See other tip for Zenit Kirov Project. Equipment: Zenit clothing (recommended)

Mikailovskiy Gardens ~ Mikhailovskiy Castle

by Canadienne

Viewable from the southern edge of the Summer Gardens, the Mikhailovsky Castle is bordered by its own gardens and makes a nice extension to a walk through the former. The castle was undergoing a cosmetic touch-up during our visit ~ according to the English weekly, the colour had been updated and brightened considerably. . .the review was not entirely positive.

Having not seen the previous tone though, we thought the colour was beautiful and the steeple was striking from even a distance.

The building houses part of the Russian Museum's collection, but we didn't make it inside this one.

Comments