Russkie Vitiasy Mini-Hotel

Zvenigorodskaya St 5, St. Petersburg, 191126, Russia
Russkie Vitiasy Mini-Hotel
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Saint Petersburg

Ceiling of entranceCeiling of entrance

Mosaic Interior of the Church on the Spilled BloodMosaic Interior of the Church on the Spilled Blood

Pink car from Aprikos Hostle, st. Petersburg, RusPink car from Aprikos Hostle, st. Petersburg, Rus

Church of the Savior on BloodChurch of the Savior on Blood

St Petersburg Calling

by trotador

We are planning a meeting for next week on Sunday the 1st of October.

Some Vters are interested. We just need to know the time and the place. We need suggestions!!

Link to the meeting:

RE: St Petersburg Calling

by Natalya2006

I suggest to meet in the very center - Palace Square. What time?

What about afternoon/evening?

What time is too late for St Petersburg?

by Natalya2006

It becomes dark after 20.30 but it's safety in the center. At 19.00 - OK?

by shymelka

Well, on the 1st of October there will be Andre Bocelli's concert on the Palace Squarу - so I don't think that it's a good place to meet.
I offer to meet at any metrostation or in some cafe. For example, Zoom - very nice place and not far from the Nevsky prospect. Visit their site http://www.cafezoom.ru/cafe/map/ (this link is to its address)

by Natalya2006

I saw their web site - it seems nice. Thus, Gorokhovaya,22 (metro "Nevsky prospect) 1.10.06 at 19.00.

by shymelka

And I think it's better to book a table. First of all it guarantees that there will be a free table and secondly we won't have to look for each other in the crowd - a waiter will take us to our table.
The question is for how many people???????????

RE: RE: RE: St Petersburg Calling

by shymelka

The question is for how many people???????????

Sounds good to me!!

I think it won't be difficult for me to find the place.

Now we should wait if more people want to join us.

by shymelka

I was in a hurry and have already booked the table for 3-5 people. So the 1st of October, at 19, cafe Zoom, table booked for "Daria" (it's my name)

hi
if you don't mind i'll join to the meeting :-).

by shymelka

Of course, we don't! You are welcome!
I'm a lil bit nervous that TROTADOR and NATALYA have been keeping silence for almost 2 days but I hope that their plans haven't changed. In any way I'll be there :)

by yos_moes

Hi!
so if you know password you need just desire to say it:))) and be wellcomed:))
am I right?
thanks Trotador for idea and Daria for make it real:)) May I join you? :))

Yolka

Of course, you may!:)
It will be really funny if only Russians come!

by bugulma

i myi smozhem govorit' po-russki :-)

by trotador

Hello all!!! this is so nice. I've been so busy lately that is why I could not log in... I am still going to St Petersburg!!

by trotador

Could you send me a map with the place??

Who else needs a map???
I have got 2!

by trotador

Thank you for the maps!!

For sure I will find the place.

by shymelka

Spasibo to everyone! It was really great vecher!:)

by bugulma

da uzh, vecher byil supersky. Do novyih vstrech :-)

by yos_moes

Thank you everyone! nice meeting, good people, lovely remembering:)))
Yolka

by Natalya2006

Thanks from me also - it was really fun!

by trotador

Hey!!! what a great people I met, if you come to Barcelona let me know!!!

Thanks.

Travel Tips for Saint Petersburg

White Nights

by emilienoelle

The City of St. Petersburg is located at roughly the same lattitude as southern Alaska, something which I never realized. Because of this, during the summer months it never gets completely dark there. I was amazed the first night I spent in St. Petersburg when I woke up at 1 AM and the sky was bright with streaks of pink and gold. It was beautiful. The people of St. Petersburg refer to these bright summer nights as the "White Nights" because in the middle of the night everything takes on an almost lunar, white glow. The locals consider these summer nights to be very romantic and you can often find lovers roaming the streets at 3AM or people sitting in cafes (which are open all night in the summer) until the wee hours.

Korushka in May

by mumymama

The locals eat korushka (smelt) in April - May. It really smells like cucumber. Korushka reminds me the small fishes that I have tasted in Barcelona (I can not remember the name).
You can find it in large supermarkets like LENTA or OK. They sell it in food markets, but ratherexpensive. We fry korushka powdered with salted flour. I have bought it today for 160 rubls/kg (3.5 EUR) :)

Alcohol In Public Places

by cheekymarieh

Living in an area where there are numerous alcohol free zones in public places, I was amazed to find that Russians think nothing of going into a nearby off licence to but some beer. They then sit by the banks of the River Neva (or many other public spots) and enjoy the drink. When I asked about this common phenomenon, I was told that it was preferable to some of the prices charged to sit inside many bars.

You may also find drunks around the city but I didn't find any intimidating ones when I was wandering around alone in daytime.

These two harmless looking characters were waiting to witness the night time lifting of the bridges!

Statue of Krillov in Summer Garden

by gussymons

The Summer Garden is ueber-romantic but in a classical style - with all those statues of Greek muses. However the real treat was stumbling upon a magnificent statue of Krilov (the Russian Aesop) surrounded by vignettes from his stories.

This isn't difficult to find in the Summer Garden itself (its next to the Field of Mars) and is worth it, if you like that kind of thing. Only regret is not having a photo of the thing, and that I've never read a word of Krilov - which I hope to change in the next 12 months!

Movie: Ballets Russes

by sennaya

The Mariinsky Theater in St. Petersburg has top ballet festivals and performances. It is available on DVD and is showing in art and independent movie houses.

Here is a recent release, Ballets Russes, a documentary of how Russian ballet got transplanted to France and throughout the world through a group of young ballet dancers who became the darling of the dance world. Great documentary with extensive interviews of original dancers and vintage footage of their adventures aroudn the world. I learned much and have more appreciation for ballet from this movie. The Mariinsky Theater in St. Petersburg has top ballet festivals and performances. It is available on DVD and is showing in art adn independent movie houses.

%L[http://www.balletsrussesmovie.com/ http://www.balletsrussesmovie.com/