Best Eastern Hotel Deima

Costs 37% less but rated 66% lower than other 2.5 star hotels

More about Kaliningrad

Litovsky Val StreetLitovsky Val Street

View to the Museum of OceanView to the Museum of Ocean

A bombed out churchA bombed out church

it's all of amberit's all of amber

I i get 48 transit visa to poland at the kaliningrad border

by missafrica

I am married to an EEC citizen and still waiting for my schengen visa to be aproved but mean while i will like to see some other countries that are not in the schengen state; so i will be travelling from africa to russia with a russian tourist visa and will like to visit kaliningrad for a touristic trip with my husband who is ECC citizen. but we will love to go by road from kaliningrad to poland; i will like to know is some one is having an idea if i can accompany my husband by road to poland from kaliningard by getting a temporary visa of 48 hours at the border, is this possible for family members of ECC citizen to obtain this type of visa to accompany their families on a trip, thanks for any information

Re: I i get 48 transit visa to poland at the kaliningrad border

by r13

As far as I know there are no "temporary" visas. There are only transit visas for people who travel trough Schengen, but these are issued in advance the same way as normal visas.

Do not think there are any visas al all issued at the border in any circumstances in EU or Schengen countries - only in advance at consulates.

Re: I i get 48 transit visa to poland at the kaliningrad border

by hawkhead

This question has been answered at great length in a posting made at 07.58 under the Poland forum.

Travel Tips for Kaliningrad

Wild beaches and open-hearted people

by juliev

It's really worth to see the coastal part of the Baltic sea that stretches through Russian territory as there you can find different beaches from ours in Lithuania. You can find more wild nature and shores, less comfort and less civilization, but don't you think that we are a little fed up with all the comfort we've got. It's worth to see Zelenogradsk, Svetlogorsk, Jantarnoje and Kaliningrad as some places are growing up from the past times, some - are still having something from the past. But everything is much better than we thought. And people are ready to help you, just ask them.

You can say anything you want, but Russians are very open-heartned people and it's always a big pleasure to chat with them about the life particularly knowing their language. I speak it very well as I'm half Russian, so I felt like staying at home, but with more opened people around. And it doesn't matter that we have a different religion, politics and opinions, you will feel comfortable speaking with them. That's what I miss here, at home.

Cognac or Kagnak???

by Espoomax

Funny story: my two Dutch friends and I went on both nights to this entertainment palace next of the Bridge of the Leninin Prospekt MOHEMHbIU and after a so so dinner in the restaurant, we moved ourselves to the Kazino!

Here we found one roulette and a few black jack tables. Here are five times more employees working than guests playing.
Asking ourselves how it would be to lose 9 out of 10 games, while being a big mobster in Kaliningrad, I decided to ask the bartender for a round, dwa pievää and one kagnak.
Right after behind me a few Kazino girls started laughing because of my pronunciation and so my two friends made endless jokes about it.
Embarassing that the way how I order cognac was a bit too much.
Whatever, these two friends themselves were happy with me showing them the way around with me petite knowledge of the Russian alphabeth so ça va but KagnaK will turn me smiling!
Costs: 60RR in case you take a local one, Courvoisier and Hennesy are sold for European prices.

A town flying by

by MikeAtSea

The towns look pretty grey. Very few colourfull shops or advertisment, the standard buildings that one could find in the Soviet Union. A huge difference to the countries surrounding Kaliningrad - since it is cut off from mainland Russia and surrounded by two European Union countries - Poland and Lithuania.

Fortifications. Grollmann bastion

by bugulma

Grollmann bastion is situated in Litovsky Val street. it is the fortification built in the middle of XIX century in Eastern part of the city by project of General Karl Wilhelm von Grollmann. The opposite there is Kronprinz caserne, built in 1843 and used as a college in present.

Monument to navy sailors

by bugulma

The monument is situated in the beginning of Moskovsky Prospekt, not far from Kant Island, and was placed in honour of WWII participants in 1978. In spring of 2010, to 65-anniversary of the Victory, the monument was completely restored.

Comments