Park-Hotel Graal Kemerovo

Park-hotel Graal
Booking.com Orbitz.com Priceline.com

More about Kemerovo

FactoryFactory

Miners' faces on the monumentMiners' faces on the monument

MinerMiner

Bell TowerBell Tower

Kemerovo whats it all about

by garry123

I am off to Kemerovo to meet my wifes Parents I have looked at many web sites,
What is there in Kemerovo what sort of shops resteraunts entertainment ect I ask my wife and she laughs and says that it is a surprise
HELP
Garry

Re: Kemerovo whats it all about

by Pablos_new

Oh, man!

In Russia the best restaurant is your "tescha" (mother-in-law). Do not forget to call her "mama", and you will get the best Siberian meals you could ever found. ;-)))))

To be serious, as Kemerovo is a coal-mining center of Russia it is good idea to visit a restaurant "Zaboi". Zaboi means a coalface. I've never been there, but have seen many good replies in ru-net. It looks like the most popular place there. see "where to eat in Kemerovo" here: http://www.e-kemerovo.com/eat.html
in Russian only, you wife will help you. There are ardesses and even interactive map.

Cheers,
P.

P.S.
In early 90-s Kemerovo has a reputation of the "Criminal Capital" of Russia. Though things are going better, my advice is not to drink too much vodka in Zaboi ;-).

Re: Kemerovo whats it all about

by Pablos_new

Oh! There is even English page there:

Enjoy!

Re: Re: Kemerovo whats it all about

by garry123

Mr Pablo
Thank you for your information about Kermerovo I have now enough information about the town that I feel like a local I have been to Russia a number of times but just Moscow and St Petersburg (where I met my wife ) luckily I look like a Russian as long as I dont speak
Good luck and ride free
Gazza

Travel Tips for Kemerovo

The heart of Kuzbass

by cheeksy

I have actually failed to find more info on Kemerovo - it's been long time I visited there. But thank God to google!
Here's a website that gives more or less enough information about the city: what to do, where to go and where to eat.
Enjoy!
http://www.e-kemerovo.com/indexEn.html The square with Lenin statue... Oh well. Always looked like a clean typical Soviet city. Lots of things changed in 5 years. I am sure!

Church of Icon of Lord's Mother

by bugulma

My colleague drove by car showing me the city and I have no idea where th church is situated. But looks like it is not far from the city center. Interior of the church looks quite new and I think it was built not long time ago.

The "bell tower"

by bugulma

The Bell Tower of the Church of Icon of Lord's Mother, that is situated in the yard of the church looks like the watch-tower of the former prison. So the bells were just placed there and it is the bell tower now. So, it is interesting decision in architecture, isn't it?

Miner

by bugulma

In the outskirts of the city in 2003 the monument to the miner was placed, architecture Ernst Neizvestny. The miner has a "heart", the red lamp that works round-the-clock. It is placed on the bank of Tom' River, in front of coal factories on other side of the river.

Miner. Details.

by bugulma

If you look at the monument attentively you may see the faces of people, or the monument symbolized, the faces of miners that were killed in the coal mines. Such explanation I got from my colleague.

Comments