Hotel Baoli

7 Sormovskaya Str., Krasnodar, Russia

More about Krasnodar

zoozoo

The dining RoomThe dining Room

Dram theatre (dram is from drama, not from drums!)Dram theatre (dram is from drama, not from drums!)

Mister Pushkin, most remarkable writer in RussianMister Pushkin, most remarkable writer in Russian

Meeting a friend from Krasnodar

by johnlawrence1

I am planning to meet a friend who lives just outside Krasnodar in early September. I am not able to enter Russia. Is it possible for my friend to travel by train or bus from Krasnodar to Kiev (Kyiv) or some other town in Eastern/Southern Ukraine?

by wrangler_blk

Hej!
Of course possible!
The distance from Krasnodar to Kerch(Ukraine) is abt 200 km! It's a 2,5 hours trip by bus. It's located in Krym Peninsula, the scenery out there is picturesque! I've seen it on internet :)
Wish u a good trip!

by wrangler_blk

Rather though Russians do not need a visa to enter Ukraine!
P.S. The distance between Krasnodar and Kiev, as u wrote, is much more and it takes abt a day travel by train!

by Pablos_new

For bus the distance to Kiev is too long. So, I agree you can possibly meet somewhere in Crimea (Krym).
At sea ferry in Kerch I've seen a regular bus "Krasnodar -> Odessa".

Also there are a lot of trains and planes between Krasnodar and Kiev.

P.

by Pablos_new

P.S.

> I am not able to enter Russia.
Are you a spy or a terrorist?! ;)

Travel Tips for Krasnodar

Shasliek, still originating from the South

by Pavlik_NL

Now popular around the whole of Russia, Shasliek (the Caucasus and now Russian variant of Barbecue) is something that most Russians cannot get enough of. There must be a pyromaniac in all males here (including myself - hahaha). In a huge variety of cans, drums, barbecueshaped things and more, wood is burned to sharred coal and above the hot sintles, (porc)meat is roasted on long pins. Also vegetables and other things are well-done, to end up in deliscious salads and stews.

My favourite Orthodox church

by Pavlik_NL

When we are in Krasnodar, almost every day we drive over Severnaja Ulitsa into town and pass a red brick, bright blue topped Russian Orthodox Church. It has been my favourite Orthodox church in Russia ever since. It's beautiful form and colours are a lust for the eye in a region that is actually quite falling apart. When you get the chance to get out a little during your stay in Krasnodar, this might be a wonderful target. Follow Severnaja Ulitsa from Krasnaja Ulitsa (centre) for about 400 meters. On the right hand side the towers will arise.

Few days in Krasnodar

by zacchio

"Krasnodar"

I was there for a fair, but, due to volcanic eruption I got 3 days more to take a look around.
BTW I meet Irisha :) one of the VT adict and took some pictures of the town.
My hotel was
nice hotel where anybody speaks any world of English, as it also happens to the whole rest of the city

Comments