Krasnaya Str., 109, Krasnodar, 350000, Russia

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Soviet-style hotel but has its charms

When I got to hotel, the front desk did not speak English. This was disappointing since I was told the front desk does speak English but not the Wednesday evening that I was checking into the hotel. This created a problem since I was trying to get information about a train but could not get an answer. I did find staff speaking English about two days before I left the hotel. Therefore, the front desk does have people who speak English but not all the time. The room is opened by a large metal key resembling something from a Grimm's fairy tale. The door lock must have been drilled by someone new to carpentry. The room was small but adequate-I did like the balcony overlooking the square. The bed was the size of a crib and being 6 foot 4 inches tall, my feet stuck out way over the small bed. The restaurant was rather good and they had a nice cafe downstairs although it looked more like a convenience store. The breakfast buffet was OK. They have tight security (someone stands right at the door and they check everyone). So there is no problem with prostitutes hanging around the elevators as mentioned in some previous posts.

Unique Quality: There is 24 hour currency exchange which is convenient and at a good rate. The teller does not speak English so have your passport ready and use hand signals if you do not speak Russian. The business center is great. High speed internet access is about 4 dollars an hour-everything is set up well for meetings and the lady behind the desk speaks English well and is very helpful and courteous besides being real cute! I will give the hotel a somewhat unsatisfied rating only because of comparing it to Western standards but from talking to people, this is probably about the best you can get for the price in these parts (Krasnodar).

• fabrice's Profile Photo

hotel intourist

I was in hotel intourist in krasnodar;hotel MOCKBA is also a good one;at the airport,a nice guy told me :you have also hotel Kavkaz,but as its name says,there are many people from the caucasus there,so I do not recommend it to you

Comments