Metelica

Metelitsa Hotel
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

More about Krasnoyarsk

Orthodox churchOrthodox church

one of my favourite views of the cityone of my favourite views of the city

Yenisey near damYenisey near dam

who's the guy?who's the guy?

Travel Tips for Krasnoyarsk

Soviet remnants

by yumyum

All over town you will find Soviet architecture and monuments. When arriving by train it's worth having a quick look at this mosaic which is on a wall just outside the railway station to your right as you leave ie after coming down the staircase.

Fountains

by bugulma

My colleaugue told me that the head of the city administration likes fountins. Last years many fountains were built. They are everywhere in the center and it's great in the hot weather. On the picture there is ensemble of fountains on the square in front of Krasnoyarsk Hotel where I lived. In previous times here was a staircase only.

No future?

by yumyum

There is not much graffiti in Russian cities but you can find it. I don't think that there is no future and hope that the future for the young people is brightening up! It just fitted that near the graffiti I saw a dead rat. It just somehow went together...

Stolby National Park

by yumyum

When in Krasnoyarsk please don't miss Stolby. There are minibuses to get here. And come prepared for several hours walk. At the beginning there is a long stretch uphill. Unfortunately the big red granite rocks are not near the road, so you need to walk. It's best to wear to kind of hiking boots. Take something to drink and a snack with you as well as toilet paper. I only saw one public toilet which was absolutely disgusting (actually the worst I've seen in all of Russia), so consider hopping behind a tree but mind the ticks there.

On a Sunday the whole city seems to take an excursion to Stolby, so there will be masses of people. But still it's worthwhile as the Stolby rocks are very impressive. I saw one that is 80 meters high. The park is also well-known for rock climbing.

On the second photo you see a map of the park. We started at the entrance of the bottom right corner and walked a bit further than the arrow you see near the top. One way was 7 km.

KRASNOYARSK

by bugulma

"The most eastern business trip"

I had two business trips to Krasnoyarsk. It is the farthest point to the East I've ever been for my business trip. First one was in August 2005. It was very hot in the street, fortunately I was in the job in afternoon, in the air-conditioned room. My colleagues showed me the city in evenings and it was very intersting. Surprisingly for me the city has the beautiful architecture and it was told me that even Italian architects participate in the building works. I heard many interesting stories about the region that there were many rich peope. I saw old houses and it seems true because i had a feeling that every owner tried to have the most beautiful house. Besides I heard story that one fabricant had a golden bath and the street was with carpet in font of his house.
The second time was November 2006 and it was not cold for this time of the year, -2 and just little bit of snowing. During my second trip I've almost seen nothing cause of hard days in the job and I had only a coupe of hours in Saturday before my flight back to walk around.
The city was founded in 1628.

Comments