Telman street 3A, Lipetsk, 398002, Russia

ButterflyButterfly

Monument to Peter IMonument to Peter I

travelling from England

by petermay

I do not speak russian so I want to know the easiest route to lipetsk from moscow I worry that I will manage to get lost if left to my own intitiative.

Re: travelling from England

by bugulma

the easiest way is to have train. there are evening trains from Moscow. they all arrive in the morning.
I checked the official site of Russian Railway Company (www.rzd.ru), they have the english pages too, maybe you will find smth interesting.
so:
there are 3 trains. The only one has Lipetsk as a final destination. it is train#29. it goes at 9.20 pm and arrive 07.23 am next morning. Bsides there are 2 trains with stop in Lipetsk. it is train#77 (to Stavropol), it starts in Moscow at 9.04 pm and has a stop in Lipetsk at 06.35am next morning. The third train is train #420 to Anapa. It starts at 10.36pm and arrives to Lipetsk at 08.55 am next morning.

From my experience I had the direct train to Lipetsk several times and it is comfortable way to get the city. The site shows such prices for train#29: the cheapest (plazkart) RUR 733, ticket to coupe (4-places coupe) is RUR 1638 and the ticket to SV (2-places coupe), the most expensive, is RUR 3877.

2 years ago there were flights. but airport is out of the city and the train arrives to the city center and is better way to come :-)

Travel Tips for Lipetsk

Regional Administration Building

by bugulma

The main square of the city is Lenin Square. Such squares survive in many regional cities of Russia. Of course, the monument of Lenin is on the square and, as usually, behind it there is regional administration.

The Zoo

by bugulma

The local zoo excites my very sad feelings. It is the poorest zoo I've ever seen. The strangest thing for me is the cage is the same for both a wolf and for a bear. Another remark is that animals run to visitors straight away that to eat something, it seems for me that there are problems with feeding animals. If you want to remind your the bitterest feelings, pay RUR 50 (EUR 1.4) as an entrance fee

Nikol’skaya Church

by bugulma

It is situated not far from Metallurg football stadium, in the Torgovaya Street. I just heard that the prior of the church has a reputation of the best in the city. So, I've just wanted to see. The church is new and situated among new buildings as you see

Right speed - guarantee of safety...

by Pablos_new

This funny signs are just beside "Petrovski spusk". Top sign shows the direction to the Holly Assumption Monastery, and bottom one states: "Right speed - guarantee of safety..."
What does that mean? Who knows? ;-))))

Comments