Hotel Bon Ami

Park near Lake Nizhny KabanPark near Lake Nizhny Kaban

Mullanur Vakhitov MonumentMullanur Vakhitov Monument

Kazan Kremlin, aerial viewKazan Kremlin, aerial view

the young Lenin In Kazanthe young Lenin In Kazan

New to the forum - question about scamms

by NCUSA

Hello to all. I have a question about scamms. A woman from Kazan contacted by internet. We exchanged e-mails and have been coresponding for about a week now. It all just seems a little strange to me. She gave me her adress, she has been sending me pictures (but who's to say that it is her). I was really interested to learn about the city as I have been looking it up on the net. Anyway it would be nice to know if this woman is sincere. I have been contacted before by 2 other women in the past claiming to be from Russia and they dropped of the face of the earth after a few e-mails. I admit it I am ignorant...lol.. someone enlighten me.....Wayne

by NCUSA

lol.... so forget her is what you are saying?..lol..... I have read some of the posts and done the checks and have not found her on the scamm sights...lol.

by blanter

We have just discussed yesterday why Kazan' is so special. Apparently, due to scammers. This discussion is on the Kazan' forum, must be the second thread from the top (after this one).

by NCUSA

I am sorry I didn't see it.. what was the thread titile?

sorry to be a bother.

by blanter

It is here:

by Pablos_new

There are a number of Kazan's in Russia and here at VT. So, to see all forums just list through forum named "Russia" and you will see all of 'em.

cheers,
pavel

Be careful !

by driver357

What ever ya do don,t send money to her , tell her you will come to her, ask her questions, and see if she answers , many scammers never answer your questions. russiangirls.com ya might have to hire that on line detective to check her out first , to check her adress to see if it is real !
Driver357

by pipetka

If you are looking for a Russian wife - use a one of the reputable marriage agencies.

And treat anything else as a scam.

by wittsy

it's a shame really. i can tell you there are some genuine, honest, and very beautiful women in russia.....

by obighammer

Hey Wayne
I too was just contacted by a beautiful lady in Kazan City!! maybe it's the same one> LOL what street does she live on??
Bill

RE: RE: New to the forum - question about scamms

by Adam_uk

Why did she pick you and not a fellow Kazan? :-) It's probably because of money.......... If I was looking for a date, I would look near to me and not half way around the world on the internet for a foreign stranger :-) Tell her you have no job and you are in debt and you will see her disappear :-)

Adam

Travel Tips for Kazan'

Kremlin. President Palace

by bugulma

Near of Siyumbike tower, to the right, there is a President Palace, the working place of Tatarstan Republic's president. I visited Kremlin in Saturday and the palace looked lifeless. My guide assured me of president works here every workday. The palace has an interesting architectural style, built in XIX century as a residence of the governor of the region

Ladies & Gents - dont confuse them

by globetrott

M does not stand for Men , (but muscheni), but at least it is a way to remember, where to enter for gents, the ladies enter on the right, maybe you better remember that cyrillic letter, because you will not always find the doors so close to each other.
In most cases you will have to pay between 5 and 15 rubles to powder your nose in Russia

Nurulla Moscque

by globetrott

Unfortunately I saw Nurulla Moscque only from a distance, when our tourbus passed by it at the beginning of our guided tour through Kazan. This mosque is quite close to the cruiseport and dates back to the 19th century.

Central Market

by RB_Oakes

Mid-sized market with the usual assortment of veggies, meats, fish, etc. Much of these are segregated into rooms - fish in one, meat in another. The meat room is distinctly lacking in sanitation but I guess the theory is that the butchering is fresh (it is) so it doesn't matter much. No such luck finding choice cuts of meat other - they just hack it up with a big axe. You can buy whatever part of a cow or pig you want. Intestines - no problem. Huevos - they've got em. If you've never been to Central Asia and want a taste for what the markets are like in Uzbekisan or Kyrgyzstan, the Kazan Central Market is fairly similar.

University

by ozalp

Kazan is the third important and biggest university city of Russia after Moscow and St. Petersburg. Lenin and Tolstoy were graduated from this university. Its buildings are over Kremlin Street. I especially loved the library building. But I couldn’t dare to enter. It has a beautiful architecture, seems like it is a fragile art work. The library is on the street which leads you to Kremlin. It is surrounded by big –and ugly- buildings, small parks, some monuments of people I don’t know even their name were written on plates.

It must be a privilege to be educated here.

Comments