Hotel Ibis Kazan Centre

More about Kazan'

Kazan Kremlin ShopsKazan Kremlin Shops

Spasskaya TowerSpasskaya Tower

My berthMy berth

Wladimir Uljanow had to leave the Kazan-universityWladimir Uljanow had to leave the Kazan-university

How can convert to Cyrrilic this address ?

by Merlin_ce

First of all I want to say thank you very much for all your help. I am very glad that I found such a nice group of people on line , I really appreciate all your help.

I am trying to convert this address to Cyrillic characters, does someone could help me ?
The address is :

Decabristov 168
Kazan,420000
Russia

Than you for your help.
Merlin

Re: How can convert to Cyrrilic this address ?

by Ujamaflip

Hi,

I only speak a little Russian, and whilst I have a rough idea about the Russian alphabet I wouldn`t be confident enought to translate the address for you. Luckily my girlfriend is Belarussian, and the credit for this goes to her: (Hope the cyrillic encoding goes through ok)

Äåêàáðèñòîâ 168
Êàçàí, 420000
Ðîññèÿ

Regards,

Charlie

Re: Re: How can convert to Cyrrilic this address ?

by keszzz

It looks like you might have the address translated already, but if you need anything in the future, this might (??) be helpful.

it's NOT exact, but . . .

jon

Re: Re: How can convert to Cyrrilic this address ?

by Ujamaflip

Sorry, the encoding wasn`t handled properly, I`ve sent the address as an image file by e-mail.

Regards,

Ujamaflip

Travel Tips for Kazan'

Gostiny Dvor (Row of shops)

by bugulma

Gostiny Dvor, a sort of shopping center in Russia before revolution of 1918, is situated opposite Spaskaya tower of the Kremlin. Nowadays it's a national museum. To the right of the picture you see a monument of 60-s of XX century to the famous Tatar poet Musa Jalil, put to death in fascist prison in 1943. The monument was a symbol of the city in Soviet times but now I'm not sure about.

The old Lenin has survived in Kazan as well

by globetrott

In many other cities Lenin-monuments were removed after the last revolution of 1989 , but here in Kazan the monument of old Papa Lenin as well as for the one of the young student Lenin has also survived and you will find it in the middle of the giant sqaure opposite of the famous Kazan - Opera.
Unfortunately we had just a short stop here to take a few pics, but the trafic was too heavy to cross the street and get any closer to the monument.

The monument for Musa Jalil

by globetrott

The sculpture of a man in chains is about the famous local Tartar poet Musa Jalil who died in prison in 1943. You will find this monument between Spassky Tower and Gostiny Dvor, most guided tours through the Kremlin will start at this point !
I was lucky to see there also a small group of car-enthousiats showing their treasures of old soviet vintage cars (my last photograph).

"Farmers Palace"

by Pablos_new

This is real madness! This building with unicorns and gargouilles, looking like Palace of Versailles, is quite modern building constructed just in 2008. You will never guess from its shape that this is Ministry of Agriculture or "Palace of Farmers" as stated on fronton in Russian and in Tatar.

This is real waste of money I ever saw.

Inside of Blagoveshenskyi Temple

by globetrott

Inside of Blagoveshenskyi Temple / Annunciation Cathedral I tried to take some photographs by just pressing the button of my camera without using the viewfinder, but I had forgotten to reset my zoom, this is why the photos are not really perfect, in any case they will give you some idea, what to expect inside of this lovely russian orthodox church !

Comments