Hotel Tatarstan

2, Kazan 420107, Kazan, 420107, Russia
Hotel Tatarstan
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

More about Hotel Tatarstan

Accomodations, hotels, or guest houses

by Merlin_ce

Hi There that is me again. Thank you all for your help. I am looking for accomodations in Kazan, nothing fancy, could be guest houses, hotels, motels anything I just need a confortable bed and a bathroom . Is there any Internet Cafes in Kazan ? Shall I rent a car there ? It will be easy to use credit cards, while I am there ? Do I need a special VISA to go to Tatarstan ? Can I go there with my Russian Tourist Visa ? One more time thank you for all your help.

Re: Accomodations, hotels, or guest houses

by Pablos_new

Of course you can go to Tatarstan with tourist Russian visa. Tatarstan is just one of the 89 regions of Russian Federation.

As of accomodations, I was there only in hotel Safar.
It is standart Russian ***-hotel, so do not expect much comfort there, but you will have clean room with facilities and TV. Last time we were not very lucky - during 2 days elevators were out of service for two times, hopefully both times in the morning. And we need to go stairs from 16-th level down (there are more than 20 floors in the hotel).

Cheers,
Pavel

P.S. I hope that you will see most part of this wonderfull city. Unfortunately many interesting houses are covered now with scaffolding - they are preparing to the 1000-years jubilee of the city. Ceremony will be in the last day of summer next year. ;-)

Re: Re: Accomodations, hotels, or guest houses

by yumyum

I have just been to Kazan and it's one big construction site but still worth visiting as you can see lots of empty shell buildings.
I strongly advice to prebook if you want a cheap place as Hotel Volga, Hotel Tatarstan were full when I showed up. Stayed in Hotel Duslik which was full excect for the most expensive room for USD 60.

Re: Re: Accomodations, hotels, or guest houses

by yumyum

Forgot to tell about the internet places. Apparently there is one on ulitsa Pushkina but I didn't see it. At the telephone office of said street there are 3 computers and in the postoffice of ul. Kremlskaya too but you may have to wait for your turn. I couldn't find the place mentioned in LP.

Re: Accomodations, hotels, or guest houses

by Galochka

i can avice you to try Destination Russia company. We had an exellent time in Moscow and St Petersburg this year, they sent us visa support, booked hotel in Moscow (Rossiya not exencive, very central 3 star hotel) and hotel in Samara, transfer from the airport, train tickets to St Petersburg (they where deliverd to our hotel) and we stayed in the nice apartment on the main steet in St Petersburg (Nevskiy 45) which were exellent location for sightseeing and a very helpfull and friendly lady (the owner). Everything went exactly according to the plan and itenary. We did not have any problems with anithing. Exellent trip.
I am sure they can offer hotels in Kazan Also.
their e-mail address is: