The Volga river summer beach trip
I would definately take one around town as there is much to see in Kazan ! But my most favorite thing is to drive outside the city,, to the beach on Volga river it is peaceful, beautiful and as close to nature is u can get.. My fondest memory is my high school! it was just a block away from the famous Baumana street. My school Litsei #11.. was a great school in the great location.. After classess we would go hang out on Bauman street. or go by Kazanka river or Kaban, its beautiful there in the summer time.
My visit was in the beginning of December. So, I witnessed some preparations while I was wandering around. Here, you can see some. Two men were hanging the Christmas lights in Kremlin. Kremlin has a marvelous night view, but I’m sure it will be better with Christmas decorations.
Kazan State Pedagogical University
Kazan State Pedagogical University, founded in 1876, is known as one of the leading pedagogical establishments of Higher Education in Russia. It situates in the center of the town. Since the first years the university has been trying to follow the best world and native pedagogical ideas. Many outstanding scholars worked at KSPU.
* About 10000 students acquire in KSPU more than 30 different teaching professions.
* There are the following faculties in KSPU:
- Mathematics & Information Science
-Foreign Languages (English, French, German, Japanese, Chinese, Turkish, Arabic, Persian, Spanish)
- Musical Education
- Russian Philology
- Tatar Philology
- Sport & Physical Training
* Many students and postgraduates from China, Turkey, Jordan, Yemen, Pakistan, South Korea, Canada are studying in KSPU.
* The KSPU possesses all possibilities to ensure comfortable conditions for study and relaxation. It has student hostels, a good library, computer centers, sport centers, concert hall, a country-camp in the picturesque bank of the forest lake.
The Kremlin is a UNESCO-World-heritage
The Kremlin of Kazan / Kasan was granted the title UNESCO-World-heritage some years ago and so they proudly have the UNESCO-emblem on top of many of their towers there.
The tower that you see in these photographs is the one, where most tours are leaving the Kremlin-area and go on with the bustours.
Spaskaya tower / Savior’s Cathedral
Spaskaya tower / Savior’s Cathedral is the name of that impressive white tower that you will see at the main entrance for tourists to the Kremlin of Kazan. The tower dates back to the year 1552. When you intend to walk through the Kremlin, you have to pay an entrance-fee there at this gate, at least there are no other controls like in the Kremlin of Moscow,where you are not even allowed to take in bags or rucksacks.