Congress Hotel Don Plaza

Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Rostov-na-Donu

Fountain near of the hotelFountain near of the hotel

Monument for the Cossacks who fought against TurksMonument for the Cossacks who fought against Turks

"Turetski Val" remains from the fortress"Turetski Val" remains from the fortress

Model of the siege of Turkish fortressModel of the siege of Turkish fortress

bayaset ? someone know where is it?

by lorgnierl

i watched on russian programs a very good serial about the war between russian and turcs, it s name was bayaset
but i could not find this fortress, was it in Russia, Georgia, Turquish?
could you help me
thanks
lionel

Re: bayaset ? someone know where is it?

by Anastasia_G

Bayaset fortress was located on the East Turkey and was very important defensive point for russian-armenian troops since 1828 when Turkish have lost it. In 1829 Turkish tried to return it but unsuccessfully.

Re: Re: bayaset ? someone know where is it?

spocibo

lionel

Re: bayaset ? someone know where is it?

by StevenC

No, but I want to go to Taganrog. Can you give me some details? piolapiola@yahoo.com

RE: Taganrog

by vegasdj

I was in Taganrog last month (January). It is a wonderful place! I can only imagine how beautiful it is in the spring and summer. I am returning in May. I visited all of the Chekov sites, like his birthplace and the family store. I walked the shore of the Azov. There is a very nice park there. I also spent several hours in the bazaar. For accomodations, there is a small hotel on the Azov, located on Schmidt Street, that I can highly recommend. Unfortunately, I do not read Russian so I cannot tell you the name of it, but here is the phone number: (8634) 344-357. In the summer, I believe one can take a cruise on the Azov.

RE: RE: bayaset ? someone know where is it?

by lorgnierl

THANKS FOR THE COMMENT, but i don t need hostels, my wife is from taganrog, so her family receive us
right it s a good area, surprising the first time, but i want to go again, so i ll visit st petersburg in september ' days and after we ll stay in rostovskaia oblast 3 weeks
i m more lucky, i read cyrillique and my wife can translate in case ;-)))

Travel Tips for Rostov-na-Donu

But then I put you in good spirits !

by vodolaz

When we went to this Armenian wedding , ( me , my wife , my mother-in-law , my wife`s sister and her little daughter ) , we catched a car with young driver and asked him to drive us to our destination.
Little girl took her place on the back seat , and just I put my back close to the driver on the front seat , he pushed his accelerator down , and my wife with her mum and sister stayed on their own...
I asked immediately : " Didn`t we forget to do something ? "
He stopped his car , turned away and said :
" Oh , yeah , we forgot to close back door ! "

1. Armenian wedding in Rostov . Kavor`.

by vodolaz

Well, Armenian wedding , you know - it is something special ...
When me and my wife came to Rostov and her brother the fiance met us , we asked - ` Hey , Akop jan , how many people are you waiting on your wedding ? ` - He answered - ` We invited 350 persons , but I am afraid that approximately 10 will be busy to visit us !`
Had the spree two days ( a little to the Armenian measures ). There was everybody there - a half of population of Rostov city , lovely nephews , uncles of cousins , sons- in-law of the brothers-in-law , american grandma etc , but it was very merry !
OK , about procession. If you are Armenian and you want to get a big wedding , you must at first find a Kavor`. This is the man like a godfather of the Orthodox , just on the wedding - he takes an active part of wedding organization and care about new family at the future.
On the pic the Kavor` is the man on the right side from fiance with yellow tie...

10. Armenian wedding in Rostov... Crying dhol

by vodolaz

And now , dear Sirs and Madams , let me introduce you this man. There were three musicians on the first part of wedding - duduk ( an armenian flute ) , accordion and him - he was a drummer ... Armenian drum called `dhol` , so he was `Dholchi`. When they took the bride away from her house , the musicians started to play some compassionate melody , and I for the first time heard how the drum can cry ... really cry !
He is the real master . When we came to restaurant on a second day of wedding he told us that yesterday after our celebration he went another wedding to his friend and showed us his palms... They were complete corn... His common joke is that according to his work from wedding to wedding he was only four times at home , so he has only four childs now.
His name is Armenak Abramyan .

18. Armenian wedding in Rostov . Khochari dance

by vodolaz

This is the Armenian dance , calling Khochari , it reminds me Greek Khasapiko .
But in Khochari one man with a shawl in his hand must lead the women ( just like on pic ) or men... What Dholchi made at that time ! Wish you were here !

bowling

by Rachbel

There are a couple of places to go bowling in Rostov, including this one, "Polyarnaya Stantsiya" (Polar Station). All of the people who worked here wore outfits that looked like they were serving in a 50's diner or something. They had a menu on the table with a bunch of desserts and many kinds of sushi.

Comments