Bohemia Business Hotel

Booking.com Priceline.com Travelocity

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

More about Saratov

hip hop ridehip hop ride

city viewcity view

The lake with a Swan at Gorodskii ParkThe lake with a Swan at Gorodskii Park

The little children's train in Saratov, RussiaThe little children's train in Saratov, Russia

Getting to and staying in Saratov for a week

by Andrew63

I am ready to go to Saratov in the next several months. But, all of the flights that I have found end in Volograd. That is still over 300 miles away. Does anyone have any suggestions? I would also be interested in a reasonable hotel for my 5-7 day stay. ($50-$75 per night)

by blanter

Either take a train from Volgograd )or Moscow, for that matter) to Saratov, or check with Aeroflot whether they can sell you a flight to Moscow or St-Petersburg in connection with a domestic flight to Saratov.

by Yarusa

Hi
There is a direct airline to Saratov from Frankfur-am-Main (in Germany), there are also airlines from Moscow(every day. By train you can get here directly from Berlin, or from Moscow train N9 from Paveletskij Railway station (every day)
In Saratov you can find Hotel Slovakia(the best here) or Hotel Volga.Both are in the centre in a walking distance from a river quay and downtown streets. Have a look at in this site in a section "Hotels" and you'll find the impressions of those who have visited Saratov.

by Yarusa

airflights are available http://saravia.ru/timetable_en.aspx

by bonanza33

If you are going through Moscow they have flights every day to Saratov at the Domodedovo airport by Saratov Airlines.

Travel Tips for Saratov

The Yuri Gagarin Statue

by WorldPassenger

Yuri Gagarin has been warmly embraced by the people of Saratov. There is a statue to his memory at the head of the riverside promenade not far from the Slovakia Hotel. On the weekends you will find people congregate nearby and children are happily playing in the park and around his monument. So why is Gagarin so beloved here?

Saratov has one of the oldest and most respected universities in Russia, and one of Russia’s top aviation schools, Aviatsonii Tekhnikum. It was this institute that brought Yuri Gagarin to live and study here from 1951 to 1955 before he graduated and then went on to distinguish himself as the first human in space in 1961.

An obelisk was set up on the site near the village of Smelovka in the Saratov Region, where Gagarin landed after his historic flight.

St. Michael's church shop

by Upstate1NY

These VERY kind ladies were incharge of the church shop. Actually there two shops, one each side of the entrance. While both sold music CD's and tapes, this one seemd to have the "edge" on candles while the other seemed to have the edge on CD's.
Let no westrener doubt that the Russian people are friendly had helpful. While indeed many were a bit guarded around westren tourists, I fear that may well be due to exceedingly arrongant individuals who smear the reputaions of all by their behavior. These ladies listened to me struggle through my limited Russian and then made phone call after phone call trying to track down the one person they knew who spoke English. While we did not connect complety in language they connected with heart.

New houses abound!

by Upstate1NY

This house was the largest one I saw that appeared to be a single family dwelling. It was built right on the edge of a deep ravine that runs through Saratov to the river. It seemed like it must have been a "dry" river bed, I would certainly hope it was dry, I was walking on a bridge that connected the north and sourth rims of the ravinen when I spotted this house on the westren segment, being curious what else I might see in the ravine I crossed to the east side of the bridge where upon I noticed a large sports complex built right in the bottom of the ravine so I certainly hope that it was a "dry" river bed!

The "work" on the river and shoreline

by Upstate1NY

I wandered along the road near the river just to see what i might find. Just before I got to the base of the brige there was work being done along the shore, That seemed to be the area where the dredge on the barge had left from the day before but I did see any work actually being done while I watched, it was a Sunday.

Visit and Enjoy Gorodskii Park in Saratov

by WorldPassenger

I learned about this park and decided to visit it during my stay in Saratov. It was a bit further away from my hotel than I had gone before so the hotel got me a taxi to get me there.

It is a very lovely park. It combines being an amusement area with its other use as a meeting and relaxation area for Saratovians. There is a nice swan lake, squirrels frolicking in the trees, wedding parties taking strolls and photos as part of their ceremonies and then the amusement area.

I spent several nice hours there just enjoying the ambiance and people watching. You will enjoy it as well.

Comments