Slovakia Hotel Saratov

Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

Satisfaction Average

• WorldPassenger's Profile Photo

A decent 3-star hotel in Saratov

I stayed at the Slovakia Hotel for my 3-day stay in Saratov. The Slovakia Hotel is just off of the Volga River and adjacent to the nice riverside promenade. It is a good base of operations for walking tours of Saratov while providing a decent standard of accommodations for us westerners.

Some of the staff speak English and all are friendly and helpful.

My room was small but neat and was all that I required for this trip.

Unique Quality: I did not use any of their facilities other than the room. I did have a nice view of the Saratov Cathedral from my window. I could also see the Volga River.

Directions: Located a kilometer from the city center, the Slovakia Hotel is 4 kilometers from the airport and 5 kilometers from the train station. The local attractions include the Troitsky Cathedral, Monument to Yuri Gagarin and a bit further away the Victory Park.

• Upstate1NY's Profile Photo

Geat view of the river along the waterfront

I was in Saratov while the World Conference of Circuses was in progress, hotel rooms where in short supply due to the conference and the fact that the Hotel Slovakia was under new management and undergoing MAJOR renovation. It appeared to be relatively new (the last 30 years, but it also appeared that it had been neglect after being built. The new management was correcting that "fault" as I stayed there. The food in the restaurant was very nice, the selection was limited at the time but they were using temporary location in a ballroom as the dining area. The room amenities in my room when I was there were probably the original furnishings, but new items were being trucked in and installed in the rooms that had been renovated. Most rooms had a balcony area from which you could see the river and it's serenity. The side I was on overlooked Trinity Cathedral (see my travelog pages). Saratov was a city rediscovering itself, well worth a look. The Slovakia has a site on the internet, it is classified as a tourist hotel. While there were a few temporary inconveniences due to construction during my visit, I could see the vision they had for "tomorrow" and it was coming together very nicely.

Unique Quality: Right on the water front!

Comments