3, Maximovsky Street, Tula, Russia
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Tula

Uspensky Cathedral in KremlinUspensky Cathedral in Kremlin

Souvenirs of Tula among them samovarsSouvenirs of Tula among them samovars

Leo Tolstoy was often hereLeo Tolstoy was often here

Beautiful church in the old centreBeautiful church in the old centre

my strange trip to Tula for love

by jarchi21

Hi everybody, I have been hit by the arrow of cupid! Yes, I would like to go and visit and Russian woman in Novomoskovsk. I just wonder if anyone wants to give me some pointers about what to expect. I have been to Ukraine but not Russia. I know she lives in a small town and that could be a problem since I don't speak the language. What I'd like to do is rent an apartment for a month and just hang out. Any comments? John

by Wowmoment

Be VERY careful John, I hear bad things about scams concerning 'women' online from Russia who are actual professional criminals.

I sincerely hope this is not the case with you but I feel I must pass on this warning.

Be lucky.

by ElenaKKKK

99,9% - scam. She lives in the small city, she has problems with everyday phone connection, you are from USA: in the case all these 3 items exist - it's 100% scam.

by whiteritter

It could be a scam could be not.As I know,lots of real, honest and beautiful Russian women are trying to use the web to find western boyfriends because there is a problem to get a normal man in Russia at the moment,especially if in small towns or settlements.Alcoholism,low paid jobs are the main reasons.Anyway a lot of dangers if you do not speak Russian and you have no guide.Cheers!

by ElenaKKKK

My veeeery long experience of answering the same questions and next communication with victims of scammers and happy few who really found a "soul friend" here shows that "real, honest and beautiful woman" normally does her best to organize the comfortable visit of her web BF and will never allow him to ask anybody to do this stuff: accomodations, transport etc. The desire to visit her by "surprise" is usually forced by letters of passion from her, which he receives after 2 weeks-1-2 months of on-line dating. "Normal" man should consider this fact as absolutely "abnormal" IMHO. I underline: IMHO.

by whiteritter

Too much skepticism,especially if you don't know any details.

Travel Tips for Tula

Dont forget try Tulskiy Pryanik

by Anjutka

Tulskije pryaniki are famous cakes from Tula with very long history. In some way they remind german/austrian "lebkuchen", but anyway they are different. You can find pryaniki with all possible tastes. Good pryanik is the best cake for tea from not less famous "samovar" (about that see my next tip)

Drink tea from a samovar!!!

by Anjutka

Samovar is a traditional russian pot to make tea. If you translate the name, it means " cook by itself". Original samovars didnt even need the electricity to boil the water, they were on coals. Modern samovars use the electricity. The tea from samovar has special taste and you should drink it very hot.

Walking along Lenin Avenue

by bugulma

Lenin Avenue seems the longest street of the city. It starts near of Kremlin and goes to the southern part of the city. It is interesting to look at the change of architecture style when the old houses in the beginning of the street turn to Stalin-style houses and further you may see more modern buildings. Some views are in travelogue.

TULA

by bugulma

"Famous by guns, samovars and cakes"

During november long weekend in 2010 we visited the city. Fortunately we were lucky with weather. On other hand we came to the city feeling too lazy after hard working days and didn't visit museums that are interesting. We had just walked around the city streets.
The first mention of Tula dated back to 1146. In XV-XVI centuriies the city was situated on the southern border of Russian Empire and that was a reason to build fortress (Kremlin) in 1514-1521 here. In 1595 the first military factories began to work in the city and since those times it is famous place of Russian armament.
The city has the name City Hero since 1976 in honour of 45-days defense operation in 1941 when the city repelled the German troops attacks.

Town of 'Samovars' and 'prainiki'

by russian_yaz

Tula, the city where my mom was born and where I lived for a year when I was just one year old. Five years ago my mom returned to her motherland russia together with my little and only brother. I try to visit them as frequently as I can and this last october of 2007 I was with them for 3 weeks.

Tula is not a big city, is older than Moscow and is very well know because of its famous "samovars", "prainikis" and because here used to live León Tolstói, the famous russian writer author of "War and Peace" and other books. I guess many know what a samovar is, if not, is just a special vassel to keep the tea warm. They used to function with coal or wood nowdays they work with electricity. The "priainiki" is a very well known sweet, made with a mix of flour, water and honey. Is has also something to do with religion but dont know the history.

Comments