Lenina ulitsa 43, Suzdal, 601293, Russia
Booking.com AMOMA.com

More about Pushkarskaya Sloboda Hotel

Country comforts

by TheWanderingCamel about Pushkarskaya Sloboda Hotel - Suzda'l

Our Golden Ring tour was all pre-booked with everything done by the tour company so we didn't know what our hotels would be like except that we hoped they would be pretty nice - we'd certainly paid enough! but having left Moscow early in the morning and having a really full day our main criteria was a good night's sleep in a comfortable bed. Suzda'l's Sloboda Hotel did us proud.

The hotel is actually a large complex set in an extensive park with several accommodation options in a variety of buildings that includes a restored 19th century stone country house, some new buildings in a similar style and a collection of rustic wooden houses. The wooden cabins are apparently furnished as traditional country cottages and can sleep 2 families. We were given large, airy rooms in the main building, a twin and a double, each with an en suite bathroom. Everything was very clean, fresh and (after I'd asked for a change from a room directly opposite the rather noisy bar that was housed in a seperate building) country quiet - just what we were looking for.

A friendly, helpful, English-speaking receptionist and free internet in the lobby (just one computer but we were the people interested in using it that night) added to the good vibes, and a couple of post-dinner Russian brandies in the bar rounded the evening off nicely. Dinner was included in our night. Served in one of the on-site restaurants (this one decorated with a military theme) it was something of a mixture. The mushroom ragout we began with was absolutely delicious, as was the gratin of golden, bubbly, cheesy caulifower that followed. I'm not sure what they called what came next but now we know what the Russian Army does with their worn-out boots. The finishing touch of pancakes served with an autumn berry compote and thick cream was as delicious as the mushrooms we'd started with. This set the pattern for nearly all the meals we ate on this tour - the soups, vegetables and desserts were always great - carnivores, take note!

I can't remember breakfast though I'm sure I must have eaten it.

see how the fences were made in the ancient timessee how the fences were made in the ancient times

inside the museum of wooden houses in Suzdalinside the museum of wooden houses in Suzdal

The river Kamenka in SuzdalThe river Kamenka in Suzdal

Booking hotel in Golden Ring

by behappy30

I can not book an hotel in Suzdal. I tried everything and seems impossible.
I just need a plain, cheap accommodation for two nights in August.
Anyone could help me telling some web page, email, or fax of hotel/hostel/home stay?

Thank you!

+7 (49231) 2-09-08 www.suzdaltour.ru
"Pushkarskaya Sloboda" (cannonirs' outskirts) Lenina str. 45
+7 (49231) 2-33-03, 2-33-50 booking@sloboda-gk.ru http://www.sloboda-gk.ru/
"Pavlovskoe Podvorye" Molodezhnaya str., 27
+7 (910)-092-57-77, +7 (49231)23-116, info@suzdalbest.ru http://www.suzdalbest.ru
"Hot Springs" Korovniki str., 14
"Surikovs' Guest House" Krasnoarmeyskaya str., 53
+7 (49231) 2-13-90

and many many more...

by manuna

It can be a problem to book a room at hotel now. If so, you can ask at the reception and they may recommend an appartment in the town. Half of Suzdal population has a house or an appartment to let.
Another way out. You can stay in Vladimir, it's only 13 km from Suzdal and not a problem to get there. Vladimir is not that popular, so there it will be easier to find a hotel. We liked "Russian village" (0922)38-36-90

by Pablos_new

P.S. Please note that telephone code of Vladimir and region has changed -
instead of (0922)38-36-90 dial - +7(4922)38-36-90

Travel Tips for Suzdal'

Riding a sledge

by Irinna

Riding a sledge is the best way to move around Suzdal', especially in winter. The streets here are too calm and 'ancient' for driving a car but in winter often too slippery and hilly for walking. So a sledge is an optimal option for going around.
It isn't very cheap (as everything in Suzdal') - about 30-35 US dollars for a half of an hour. But if it was cheaper I'd write a transportation tip about it.

You can easily find a sledge in the center of the town or near your hotel. There you also can ask a driver to meet you somewhere else in the town at any time you like.

listen to the oldfashioned music

by globetrott

In Suzdal you can find this couple performing 2 songs with this oldfashioned musical instrument. They are waiting for customers inside of the museum of wooden houses, at the big water-wheel. They will be glad for your donations and they are also selling some CDs. I bought one of their own casettes ( where they are shown also on the cover) and enjoyed it a lot at home, while making my pages about Russia...
Each CD is 15 Euros, they offer 3 different types, but only one of them is for their own kind of music.

Stray Cat Strut

by RB_Oakes

There are an inordinate amount of stray cats in Suzdal. Of course, in summer they all seem pretty content and chilled out. Not sure how that plays in the winter when there aren't a million crickets, birds and rodents to feed on. Anyway, if you're a good person then you have a soft spot for animals and will find it hard to pass by guys like Dom here. I was playing with him and some lady tells me "nyet dom"...he has no home. So I named in Dom because I hope he will have a home someday.

great interiors of the wooden house-museum

by globetrott

There are mainly 2 private houses with interesting interiors and the photographs that you see here are all taken in the 1st house on the right ( the one that has also the only - and quite oldfashioned - toilets in its garden). These houses can be entered only by a guided tour, with your group-ticket and unfortunately our guide told us, we could see the 2nd house by our own, but the lady at the entrance insisted to see the group-ticket, otherwise she would not let anybody in. The guide had left the museum altready at that time and so I did not see the 2nd house as well ;-((

Comments