Voronezh Hotels

Our Members Say

• livfaith profile photo livfaith
  • Reviews: 97

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel BRNO: Hotel in the centre

I stayed at this hotel for one night in November 2010. It is the regional government-owned hotel in Voronezh. So while the lobby is nice and the staff were friendly, it is one of those typical old-fashioned Russian hotels where you have to show a pass to get past the security guards on the ground floor and then again to a lady who sits at a desk on each floor and keeps the keys. The rooms were not fantastic to be honest. I had a single room and it was rather small with a fridge and TV and the usual hotel furniture. The en-suite bathroom was not in the best repair although everything did work. The shower was one of those that you hold yourself while you wash and both taps were labeled cold (one of them was hot). My friends had a double room that was also rather small, although their bathroom was slightly more athletically pleasing than mine. Other than decorating choice or in fact, the need to redecorate or, I'd probably go so far as to say, renovate, the room was fine - warm enough and comfortable enough and much like most Russian hotels in this price range.

However, having lived in Russia for a good few years, I would have barely noticed this, the big let down was the breakfast the next morning - instead of the usual 'Svedsky stol" or buffet, there was rice porridge or as, it's better known to us, rice pudding, a small carton of juice and a cup of either tea of coffee, all accompanied with a Russian soap opera played at very loud volume on the TV. Not the most appetizing combination!

A single room was 1,500r and a double 2200r. We were told when we phoned that there was a 25% booking fee but they told us that they had plenty of space so we just turned up and got a room without reservation.

There was a restaurant on the top floor of the hotel, which had lovely views over the city which had the potential to be lovely. Sadly, it wasn't. The decor was appalling, the food was below bog standard and the view was obscured by curtains! Also, the only lift to the restaurant was rather temperamental. On the plus side, the service was fast - this may have been because we were the only dinners there though!

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Backpacking, Study Abroad, Budget Travel
  • Written November 12, 2010
Tip Photo

Both taps in the bathroom were labeled cold

• chili_29 profile photo chili_29
  • Reviews: 2

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Petrovsky Hotel: Best Place in Voronezh!!

First, it is right in the Middle of everything! Close to the train station and walking distance to anything that you want in Voronezh! The accomidations are amazing and a super friendly staff! It is clean and very modern! I would say that is is comparable to a 3 or 4 star hotel in America at a fraction of the cost! Great deal, Great location, and the best hotel I have stayed at in all of Europe!

The staff is not only friendly, fluent in English, but always eager to help in anyway they can! The showers in the bathrroms are very luxurious! The rooms are super modern and when I entered the room for the first time I looked aroundd and said "WOW"!

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average