Hostel 6

Booking.com Hostelworld.com HostelBookers.com

More about Banska Bystrica

Banska BistricaBanska Bistrica

BB in 70`sBB in 70`s

Hotels in Banska Bystrica for 6 people (including children)

by caddie2p

Thank you so much in advance for helping! We are travelling to the area in the summer of 2006 and need to book a hotel in the city (not the region). I am looking for a reasonable price, but with private bath, clean, and any ideas of a hotel that has a swimming pool or other children's activities. Thank you! Teri

RE: Hotels in Banska Bystrica for 6 people (including children)

by mrvik

Hi the biggest hotel is hotel lux and it is situated in the very centre of banska bystrica , prices are cca 35 Eur for double room for more info check :

Other hotels in centre :

Hope I could help

RE: RE: Hotels in Banska Bystrica for 6 people (including children)

by caddie2p

Thank you for taking the time to reply! Teri

Travel Tips for Banska Bystrica

In every city in Slovakia...

by Zmrzlina

In every city in Slovakia there is a memorial of some sort to the Slovak National Uprising during WW II. I will be writing an entire travelogue about that, but this photo below shows Banska Bystrica's memorial (roundish building in lower left).

I have just read a message from someone who lived in Banska and this is the story behind the shape of the memorial....

''I liked your comment on the Slovak Uprising Memorial in Banska. There are couple version explaining what shape does this memorial have. Actually, although I am from Banska originally, I have to admit I have never heard one you mentioned - saying that it is an imitation of a military hat... Well - you can choose. Some people say it is:

1. A broken heart

2. A loaf of bread (offered to soldiers)

3. Janosik's hat''

[Note: Janosik is a Slovak folk hero and I will be writing about him on my Zilina page. He is called The Slovak Robin Hood.]

Now...I am quite sure my version of it being a military hat is all my own making. I bet I heard it as Janosik's hat and just confused things. But, I like the broken heart explanation best. So...the reader can choose. I think if you get to know Slovaks, you will go with the broken heart, too.

A nice daytrip to Dobsinska...

by bean

A nice daytrip to Dobsinska Ladova Jaskyna: the Ice Cave ofDobsinska. Incredible: from 25 degrees outside you enter a cave with ice everywhere (bring a sweater!). A little on the touristic side, but together with a small walk in the neighbourhood and the train trip to and from is really nice!

Banska Bystrica the center of SNP

by Skipka

"The Museum of SNP"

SNP means Slovak National Uprising and it was during the WWII against Nazis. This museum deals with this period of history and shame on me ;) I have seen just this from the sweeet city of Banska Bystrica. But I will create better site when I visit it again :)

My hometown - Banska Bystrica

by bobiko

Bansk√° Bystrica, with its favourable position and the great opportunities for tourism and winter sports, is now an important international tourist centre. Enjoy the recreational, sporting and tourist facilities in town and you will always be glad to return !

jewiii's new Banska Bystrica Page

by jewiii

In Banska Bystrica, you can find an excellent war museum with touchable/hands-on exhibits-------and which contains a memorial to the brave partisans who resisted Nazi-ism.-------John E. White III (Belleville,Illinois, od U.S.A) 13-December 2000(Wednesday)----also nearby is a full sized World War II bomber which you may enter--also for a small admission fee----the bomber is not as emotionally moving as the war museum and memorial----the memorial has a "living flame" in tribute and rememberance to Slovak patriots, and to those who championed and aide unto Her defense at great personal cost and sacrifice,even to the extent of costing their own lives.

Comments