Boutique Hotel Maraton

Boutique Hotel Maraton
Booking.com Priceline.com

• balhannah's Profile Photo

EXCELLENT HOTEL

This Hotel is one I would have no hesitation returning to. We didn't have one complaint which really makes a Hotel stay extra special!

The Boutique Hotel Maraton is a 4* Hotel situated in a quiet location, but still close enough to the historic centre to walk there.

From the moment I entered and went to reception, this Hotel exuded luxury! The receptionist was very nice and could speak English really well.
    The site said the Hotel has a very high standard of accommodation and services, something I entirely agree with.

Our room was on an upper floor, no worries as the Hotel had a lift which we used. Our room was large, a very good size, furnished with beautiful furniture. The Bathroom was large too!
    We had Air conditioning, a Bar fridge that was really nice to have, at least I could keep my bottled water cold, LCD TV with satellite, hair dryer, Safe, toiletries and FREE WIFI. The whole Hotel is NON-SMOKING except for the Café, so we both liked that.
    A Terrace, Sauna, Fitness centre, Massage, Restaurant, Room service, 24-hour front desk, Luggage storage, ATM/cash machine on site, Babysitting/child services, Dry cleaning, Ironing service and much more was available.
    We were very happy to be able to park our car in secure parking for FREE.

Another nice touch, was a FREE DRINK after we had settled in and it could be wine or spirits!

Breakfast was included in the room price and was a Buffet with a very good selection of food to choose from - No complaints here. We liked the breakfast room with its big windows, I could have sat there for ages.
    Breakfast is served daily from 7:00 am to 10:00 am, at weekends from 8:00 am to
    11:00 am.

Unique Quality: Secure Car park - Breakfast - Wifi - Fitness - Recreation centers - Arrival drink - FREE OF CHARGE

More about Kosice

Our room interiorOur room interior

23-07-200823-07-2008

Former Slovak currencyFormer Slovak currency

Taxi at the main train stationTaxi at the main train station

Kosice to Revuca

by montereyguy

I have been planning a trip to see my good friends and former school mates in Revuca, and I will be leaving next month. The trip is all planned out except for how to get from the airport in Kosice, where I will land, to Revuca. Since I will arrive on a Sunday, I am told bus service may be limited. I am really looking for the easiest and safest way to get to Revuca. My friends do not own a car, so they are unable to pick me up. I don't mind paying a little more to make things a bit easier for myself, but I do not know this area of the country. My friends have advised me not to rent a car and drive myself, but they are not experienced drivers, so I do not know if their perception is accurate. Since this is the only part of the trip that isn't ironed out, I would really appreciate any input. My current plan is to try for a bus, and if that fails, take a taxi, or if that option is not viable, then I will stay the night and take a bus the next day. Will a taxi take me that far, and if so, how much should I expect to pay? Does anyone know of a better option?

Re: Kosice to Revuca

1340 - 1615 - change in Roznava
1445 - 1705 - direct
1700 - 1905 - direct
1925 - 2125 - direct

It takes so long because it goes around the villages and is actually over 100km by bus.

My husband reckons it'd be okay to drive there from Kosice - it's about 80km. You might've had problems in the winter (snow + trucks), but you'll be fine in May.

If you get the bus, bear in mind that you'll have to get into town from the airport, either by bus or taxi.

I'm not sure how much a taxi would be - probably 1000 - 1500,-Sk - maybe your friends have a taxi company they use in Revuca who could come and collect you?

Jo

Re: Kosice to Revuca

by montereyguy

Thank you very much for the information Jo, it is very helpful, and I have found the correct bus to take thanks to the schedule you posted.

Travel Tips for Kosice

Side Streets

by lmkluque

There were interesting things to see on the side streets and one was a shop selling Slovak crystal.

The glass industry has its roots in the Czech Republic and Slovak Republic, formerly Czechoslovakia, from the early 15th century. Local production throughout the country was characterized by a large number of small workshops.The art of glass blowing in Slovakia today has not significantly changed in 600 years which I knew little about at the time of my visit to Kosice.

The day we passed the shop, with it's beautiful crystal glass ware, it was unfortunately closed. What a shame. An item from this shop would have been a prefect gift for my parents who had encouraged and helped finance this visit to Czechoslovakia. Later we arrived in Vlachovo to meet more relatives and the story of my disappointment at not being able to buy any of the gorgeous crystal was told. The night of my departure from Vlachovo during the family gathering, I was presented with gifts of beautiful crystal from each family group. I was awed by their generosity. Even more so because the money I had brought to buy them presents couldn't be spent because the Tuzex stores had been closed also.

Even though I had brought gifts with me and had sent gifts for each member the next Christmas it still couldn't compare with what I had received.

Free Kosice map

by HORSCHECK

During our time in Kosice I used a free city map of the Tourist Information Centre. The map also included some basic information about Kosice and the sights.

The Tourist Information Centre also provides several other brochures both about Kosice and about other regions in Slovakia.

Kosice's Tourist Information Centre is located inside the Old Town Hall (Stara Radnica) at the Main street (Hlavna ulica 59).

Betliar manor house

by annamariana

1,5 hours driving from Kosice . . .

. . . • Betliar is the most preserved museum with original furniture in Slovakia •
Other museums have many artefacts that they were brought from different places.

- Manor house Betliar is well situated for hunting. There are deep forests to the north.

... go back to the list of my one-day trips from Kosice city

The State Theatre

by HORSCHECK

The Neo-Baroque building of the State Theatre (Statne divadlo) is said to be one of the most beautiful theatre buildings in Europe.

It was completed in 1899 and since 1945 the theatre is run by the state.

Similar to the structure of the Slovak National Theatre of Bratislava it consists of the three ensembles drama, opera and ballet.

Directions:
Like the Cathedral Complex, the State Theatre is situated in the very centre of Kosice's Old Town,

Inside Miklus Prison...

by coceng

We learned a few things inside the underground prison. The guide was talking in Slovak language so Marek had to translate to me.
Quite annoying actually because I felt that I missed a lot ! I wanted to ask questions, you see.
Marek was helpful all the times so I couldn't blamed him.

The photo shows one chamber. There are many, one after another.

Comments