Centrum Hotel

Centrum Hotel
Booking.com eDreams Priceline.com

Satisfaction Poor

More about Kosice

This is the debris in the stairwellThis is the debris in the stairwell

23-07-200823-07-2008

Twin city: WuppertalTwin city: Wuppertal

Airport KosiceAirport Kosice

by vonrichthofen

It seems travel guides dont usually cover the little insignifcant places I want to visit. Is there a way to get to Muranska Dlha Luka from Revuca? Bus, Train, Harrier jump jet, or do I have to walk it? Plus are there ahy hotels in Revuca?

PS: I know it isnt Kosice I'm asking about but the compuetr doesnt recognise Revuca. Stupid computers.

by kiwi

Is this what you want:

RE: RE: Small region of Slovakia nobody bothers to mention.....

by vonrichthofen

Thanks for your help Pam, but no one seems to be no info about it. There is a a Hotel called the Pyramid, which I will duly check out when I get there. Looks like I am going to be the first to write a review about it.....(Yeah,OK. Down! Heel! Yous all gonna have to wait till June!)

by kiwi

hahah, look forward to your reports on that town. Just think the next person who comes along won't have your trouble :-)

Travel Tips for Kosice

Me in Kosice...

by coceng

Another favourite area for me in Kosice. I think it was the park & the fountain behind me was just spurting water.
I did look like a tourist, didn't I ? Well, I was.
I wish I was living there. That's what I meant.

Orthodox synagogue

by HORSCHECK

Kosice's Orthodox synagogue (Ortodoxna synagoga) was constructed in 1926 and 1927 after designs of the Christian architect Ludovit Oelschlager. It has a capacity of 800 seats and is also home to a school.

At the front of the synagogue a Holocaust memorial plate can be found. It commemorates the 12.000 Jews of Kosice who were taken to concentration camps in WWII.

Directions:
The Orthodox synagogue is located at Puskinova Street, just outside the southeastern end of Kosices historic city centre.

Celebrating the Russian Revolution!

by lmkluque

Walk through the old town section and see the preserved buildings of which many were built long before the Soviet influence arrived.

During my visit, in November, there were red flags / banners hanging from the buildings everywhere. I couldn't read the writing on the banners and finally asked what they were about. My cousin said they were put up to celebrate the Russian Revolution. I asked her if this was a big holiday in Czechoslovakia and she told me that only the Soviets cared about it and no one liked the Soviets.

If you visit now, you may see signs of the "Velvet Revolution!" Especially the washed and newly painted buildings and changed street names.

The fall of Communism in CzechoSlovakia was called the "Velvet Revolution" because it occured without violence of any kind. Truely a gentle people, and very smart.

Immaculata Statue

by HORSCHECK

The Immaculata Statue commemorates the victims of the plague in 1710 and 1711. The Baroque style statue is 14 m high and was erected in 1723. On top of the column sits a sculpture of Virgin Mary.

During WWII the statue was severly damaged and later restored a few times. The last restoration took place in 1998.

Directions:
The Immaculata Statue can be found at the northern end of the Main Square (Hlavne Namestie).

Summer Bobsleigh

by anglosaxon

A great way to spend a day with kids. An 800 metre long run with hairpins and tunnels which if alone and brave, a person could reach a speed of @60 kph. Open from 0900 to 1900 but, will stay open longer if a lot of people are around.

Comments