Hlavna 101, Kosice, 040 01, Slovakia
Expedia.com Hotels.com Tingo.com

More about Kosice

The Hilton car parkThe Hilton car park

This was the lighting in the hallwayThis was the lighting in the hallway

East Slovak MuseumEast Slovak Museum

Free Kosice mapFree Kosice map

Train from airport Kosice to Proprad

by lucio1a

Hello,
I seek the following information:
my daughter has to go from the airport in Kosice Proprad until I saw that there were trains, can you explain how to take the train from the airport fares and schedules?
arrival tiem at Airport +/- at 8PM

Re: Train from airport Kosice to Proprad

by JosiePrague

Firstly, bus 23 from the airport to Kosice railway station. Then a train from Kosice to Poprad - 1.15 minutes, 5.10 euros.
The timetable at that time of evening....
departure 21.05 (maybe too early) then 22.05. the last one at 0.05

Travel Tips for Kosice

Internet & Tourist Info

by kit_mc

You can easily find cheap internet access on the main street, Hlavni Ulici.

The tourist info is also on this street. I'd advise that you pop into the tourist information to ask about pensions rather than just picking the first from the guidebook like we did!

In fairness to us though, we'd tried emailing about half a dozen places before we arrived but had no luck in getting any responses... Tourist services perhaps have a little way to come in Kosice... Kosice was just an all round surprise. We didn't stray far from the main area around the cathedral as we had such little time there. We spent two nights there but were actually not there much during daylight hours. Make sure you spend at least one full day actually in the city itself.

My best memory of Kosice is the Rosto Steak House. It was just fantastic.

Leninova Street Is No More!

by lmkluque

This was one of the first places my family took me to and I recommend that you spend some time here. Of course, if you go looking for Leninova Street, you'll not find it on your tour of Kosice. It is now named Hlavna. Not all street names have changed, but I think all that were a reminder of Soviet Occupation have been given new names. One of my fondest memories came while walking along the street. In one of the regular shops I saw a man's suit. The style was out of date and the suit looked homemade. The price of the suit was a full months wages! The impact of this fact gave me an insight of life lived here and more respect for the people.

Miklus Prison

by coceng

I might say that Miklus Prison is the best 'off the beaten path' in Kosice itself.
If you have the time, have a visit to Miklus Prison. Where there's a display of medieval torture equipments in chambers & cells.
Learn from the past. Maybe these equipments can be made & put in your living room for our modern day living !
The photo shows the entrance to a chamber. I want to have a room which look like this. I found it in Szczawnica, Poland ! But it's a restaurant.

Another Photo...

by coceng

Took another photo. Loved the view so much I had to make sure that I took it correctly. Although this photo & the one above looks the same, almost.
This Cathedral is in Hlavná ulica.
In fact, you wouldn't miss it once you are in the Old Town of Kosice.
It's a commanding sight nonetheless.

Franciscan Church

by HORSCHECK

The Franciscan Church (Frantiskansky Kostol) was originally finished in Gothic Style in the early 15th century.

After a fire in the 16th century the church was used as an ammunition warehouse and for military church services.

Like the Dominican Church, the Franciscan Church was also reconstructed in Baroque style in the 18th century. Nowadays it serves as a seminary church.

Directions:
The Franciscan Church is located in the northern half of the main street Halvna ulica.

Comments