Nam Majetre Parla 26, Levoca, Slovakia (Slovak Rep
Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

More about Arkada

A Very Nice Small Hotel in Levoca

by Paul2001 about The Hotel Arkada

This was not a hotel I expected to stay well spending my two nights in Levoca. The hotel that I had intended to stay in the Pension U Leva was actually full so I tried the hotel next door since it looked nice from the outside. It was actually nice in the inside also and cheap too. This serves to remind the traveller not to remain wedded to the travel books when looking for a hotel when you are visiting strange cities and towns. The Hotel Arkada is not mentioned in either LP or RG and is a very acceptable place to stay in. The location could not be better and the building has quite a bit of atmospheric charm. (It must have received a paint job since I visited since on the website the facade is yellow instead of pink). The hotel room was larger than I expected. I was surprised because the hotel clerk suspected that it might not be up to my standards but for one who has traveled over much of Europe I felt that room was large when I compared it to some of the rooms I have stayed in elsewhere. It was also well maintained and had cable TV. A major plus for this hotel is the restaurant in cellar. It is very popular, especially with tour groups and is quite worth checking out.

Spiced Apple Drink

by carolynllew

If you're feeling cold or you've seen all the museums and churches in Levoca call at Hotel Arkada 4* and have a hot drink in very elegant surroundings.
......or have a meal
...........or stay the night

Best option in Levoca

by kit_mc about Hotel Arkada Restaurant

After strolling several times round the main square, we settled on this place. It looked a little more expensive, but bearing in mind most of the other places didn't have a menu/prices visible, this seemed the safest bet.

The food was nice enough, the service was excellent and made more interesting by the first really handsome waiter we'd seen in our travels - salt and pepper hair, tall, hmm!!

And they played albums by Alizee all night! Now how can you not be happy with that!! BBQ meat dishes seemed the best choice, I had a kebab style thing on a skewer, Boyf had some pork and chicken in a pancake.

This place made an excellent Irish Coffee. But when will Slovakia learn - you've GOT to put sugar into an Irish coffee! It's not a choice, there's no avoiding it!!

Hotel ArkadaHotel Arkada

25-07-200825-07-2008

25-07-200825-07-2008

Me drinking a beer at the terrace, 28-07-2008Me drinking a beer at the terrace, 28-07-2008

Travel Tips for Levoca

House in Town Walls

by barryg23

Levoca is surrounded by town walls and there is a walkway around the walls below the road. We did parts of this walk a few times every day on our way to and from the bus station and one of the nicest things we saw was this lovely looking house (see picture), build into the eastern walls, which looked forgotten and abandoned.

Spissky Stvrtok-Zapolsky's Chapel

by prleprle

In 1473, Zapolsky's Chapel was built to the church. It is one of the highlights of Gothic architecture in Slovakia. Originally it was intended as the funeral chapel of the Zapolsky family. It has winding stairs with the upper part. An underground passageway connects the chapel with the convent. In the upper part, a suspension choir with railing stands out.
It is really amazing to find such a "high-Gothic" sturcture in village like this one in the middle of Slovakia. Gothic architecture is well perserved in Slovakia but this is something exceptional.

Comments