Stefanikova 2B, Piestany, 921 01, Slovakia

ruzovy domcekruzovy domcek

Arriving into Bratislava Airport & Piestanty

by Notts

Hi,

I've booked to have a spa break in Piestany. I have never been to Slovakia before. Can anyone tell me if it safe for a woman travelling alone.

Also can you tell me if I can use public transport to get from the airport to Piestany? I will be arriving in at 9pm so think it may be too late for the journey to my hotel, however I am thinking of using public transport to get back to the airport on the Sunday. Is it ok to do this, does it take very long??

Also, I don't leave on a Sunday until around 6.30pm, but will need to be out of my hotel in Piestany by about lunchtime. Any advice on what to do with my time until my flight leaves.

Thanks,

Re: Arriving into Bratislava Airport & Piestanty

by balramdass

we were in Bratislava 3 vweeks ago and it is safe place
A taxi for 36 should get you to the city in 15mns
there are trains going to all over the place as we travelled from krakow to bratislava
try google search for more
hope this helpsa little
Bal

Re: Arriving into Bratislava Airport & Piestanty

by katamorgana

Hi,
our country is safe enough for a women, do not be affraid :-) The Hostel movie is absolutly unreal.
I have not found a bus, but the train leave Bratislava 11:36 pm, it is 0:49 in Piestany, what is quite late. There are Taxi in Piestany, which usualy waits for travellers in the front of railway station. If You want, I could make a TAXI reservation for You. It takes about 10 min. from the station to hotels. Piestany is a very pleasant town, You can go for a walk, or have a drink in restaurants - lot of them are realy good - before You leaving Piestany. I do not know, what do You like doing, so ym suggestion is not too rich.

Have a nice stay here